Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

Here's my teams and judgement on picks:

Drollercoaster

1)Rayya Elias (J): She looks like a skeleton and everyone is astonished she made it that far. Pancreatic cancer for almost two years, I'd say a dead cert. 90%

2)Jessica Falkholt: Yes, they say she could be in a coma for months or years. But the accident scene was frightening, I guess she was half burnt alive. If I have to compare her to someone, I'd choose Jules Bianchi rather than Schumacher. Her sister died and was in her same condition. She has definitely good odds. 75%

3)Patryck Cryne: Very near now, no cures, no treatments, club sold. A matter of days or weeks. 98%

4)Marieke Vervoort: One could always rethink about euthanasia. She is chatting about it since 2014 more or less, but this time she seems determined. Not that hell of a cert, though. 80%

5)Johnny Clegg: Two years with pancreatic cancer and a farewell tour planned. Can not end too well. 70%

6)José José: Have you read his medical history? Severe pneumonia, alcoholism, cocaine, nodes in vocal folds, diabetes, emphysema, hernias, Bell's palsy, diabetic retinopathy, gastritis and now pancreatic cancer. Oh, he has a good chance to die even without it! 65%

7)John McCain: Glioblastoma, and pretty advanced. Should be a cert. 85%

8)Leah Bracknell: Stage 4 lung cancer for a year and a half, off treatment since March. How the hell she is still here? 90%

9)Bobby Zarin: Has had advanced cancer for a long time and it does not seems to be curable. Bedridden at Christmas, so I think it won't be that long. 75%

10)Devin Lima: I picked him only because his cancer is rare. But he has good chance of seeing the year out indeed. So 35%

11)Dean Francis: Stage 4 cancer, off treatment, then on treatment. No hope for him. 85%

12)Bill Heine: Acute myeloid leukaemia. 15 months to live, but I think he has a good chance to reply Steve Hewlett. Likely, indeed, as there is no cure for him. 70%

13)Linda Nolan: No faith in her, I picked her only because she is a cult pick. Almost no chance of dying this year, breast cancer is not enough. 30%

14)Liam Miller: Risky pick. He is young and could last longer than we think with pancreatic cancer, so I'd say only 55%

15)Denis Goldberg: The old man has lung cancer and not much to do on this planet. I think his days are numbered. 75%

16)Greg Gilbert: Liver cancer, now uncurable. Tick tock. 90%

17)Tessa Jowell: Another glioblastoma and looks awful. 90%

18)Peter Lorimer: We do not know much about him, except he has brain cancer. Old footballers don't live too much and I guess his continued absence from the public scene means something. 75%

19)Matt Cappotelli: Given 5 years to live, but it seems sooooo much. He will go this year or next. 75%

20)Bernard Tapie: You may think he is a fraud, but last post of his daughter about "fuck cancer" and his pics are not the best. We knew how "fuck cancer" Halliday ened, no? 75%

Plan B from outer Space:

1)Patrick Cryne (J): Same as above.

2)Pete Frates: Was in a bad mood last year and Mirror buried him too early. Pneumonia could finish him off. 70%

3)Olivia Newton-John: Metastatic breast cancer, but still singing and dancing. My feeling here is she won't die for sure. Bah. 15%

4)Morgan TsvangiraI: African leaders never die, doesn't matter how ill they are. Bowel cancer, but oly rumours. 40%

5)Charlotte Rae: Pancreatic survivor and now advanced bone cancer. Fucked. 95%

6)Lindy Remigino: Pancreatic cancer at 86 is dreadful. Practically done. 90%

7)Johnny Ruffo: Nah, it's over, he has won his battle. 10%

8)Simon Ricketts: He could be safe for another year. But he has cancer and can't last forever. 65%

9)Nobby Stiles: Cancer, dementia and what else? A cert. 95%

10)Paul Alcock: Advanced cancer, feeding tube, depressed. Seems to be very near to death. 85%

11)Catherine Nevin: Shame on me, but those Irish papers insist she is going. Probably a Haggarty neverending fraud as you may suspect. 30%

12)Stefan Karl Stefansson: In the same situation of Ricketts. Now terminal, now free. Only 60%

13)Leah Bracknell: Same as above

14)Noel Conway: Given 11 months to live a year ago, obit almost certain. 75%

15)Rayya Elias: Same as above

16)Fernando Ricksen: End of life expectancy is near, but the reason I picked him was to not repeat last year Joost's mistake. 60%, though.

17)Johnny Clegg: Same as above

18)John McCain: Same as above

19)Carl Ikeme: No, he will beat it. 15%

20)Tessa Jowell: Same as above.

18=

And now my analysis for my B-Team

John Andretti - Metastasis is gone, but I'm unsure of his current condition of his liver tumor, though he's probably safe for the year. 25%

Hal Blaine: He's the one that I tried to save from the list of the lost as a result of the abomination of my drummers theme team, and he's honestly not that bad since he's rumored to be in poor health. Please, if he's still alive next year, I want someone else to pick him. 40%

Kathleen Blanco - Those gravely ill reports make me think she'll be gone before spring. 90%

DJ Casper - No idea on how ill he is, just picked him cause his prognosis is poor, but I couldn't find room for him on my main team. 50%

Johnny Clegg - He's on a farewell tour and his prognosis is very poor, as his cancer will strike back eventually. I was going to say he's a 2019/2020 death, but with The Living End and Thomas Jefferson Survives picking him, he's probably cursed. 60%

Tim Curley - Likely unique, but probably not dying cause he very much has that fraudster feel - 35%

Oliver Dragojevic - Doing alright, but he's interesting enough of a name that I least wanted to say that I picked as an interesting person

Steve Gleason - He's more likely to die if we're following Joost's timeline than Ricksen, but since he has no drop 40 chance, and I felt that Ricksen would be a better picked. I shoved him here instead. 70%

Jose Jose - Another pancan in remission person, though with his other health woes, I think he's a better pick than Clegg. 75%

Steffan Lewis - The young person with terminal cancer but we don't know what type it is. Feels like a Spade pick if he was dead pooling in 2018 tbh. 50%

Peter Lorimer - Likely fucked, I wonder how he is still around after six months with an aggressive brain tumor, but he feels like an outlier. 95%

Olivia Newton-John - Picked solely as my joker to say that if she somehow dies in the next 12 months, I could say I picked her somewhere. Like so many others, I think she'll see 2019 easily. 15%

Nobuhiko Obayashi - The very interesting pick that I wished that he was younger, and he probably won't see spring as his diagnosis is 6 months. And I knew one of the other contenders would pick him for their B-Team, and as it turns out, it was Thomas Jefferson Survives. 95%

T Boone Pickens - Currently in failing health. It could be a few years before he's gone, but this one put me close to home more than any other, but sadly he's way too old for main team glory, even if he does somehow turn out to be unique. 50%

Tommy Raudonikis - Cancer is back for the third time, and this time he's not expected to survive this.One of the last minute arrivals to trouble consideration I mentioned earlier in the how's your shortlist thread (funnily enough, the other one at the time was Pete Stokes). 70%

Holly Rowe - The cancer has spread, but I'm not sure where it spread to, and even so, she seems to be doing alright at the moment. 40%

Bernard Tapie - He's probably dead this year, he looked in poor health in those photos. 85%

Thuy Thanh Truong - Kind of picked her just to prove I knew who the Kobayashi of 2018 was. She's doing alright at the moment, but she's certainly interesting. And it would be funny if this turns out to be a unique stealer tbh. 60%

Rose West - Was only a sub, but she made the team due to the unfortunate demise of the much more interesting Cas Willow. Anyways, she's a fraud. 15%

Billy Wright Jr - The annual don't know the test results till January person, and he wouldn't be that great of a pick either 40%

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Hal Blaine: He's the one that I tried to save from the list of the lost as a result of the abomination of my drummers theme team, and he's honestly not that bad since he's rumored to be in poor health. Please, if he's still alive next year, I want someone else to pick him.

Hey, maybe I could do a theme team of people who have worked with Glen Campbell with Hal in it sometime? :P -jots down in theme team ideas notes-

Is it too early to say the abundance of B and C team's should be a reason to get rid the drop 40 bonus in 2019. The drop 40 bonus was create to give a boost to picking more traditionally famous people like Stan Lee,Prunella Scales etc.  The wave of top teams having a secondary squad and sometimes C squad is gonna insert the drop 40 with the cancer picks like Clegg,Cryne's,Goodwin's,Alcock's etc over the Stan Lee's and Prunella Scales

And I like to share my thoughts on what I think on other people's team, just for fun.

I already mentioned that I really like gcreptile's team; very risky, but may turn out to be very rewarding. And even with him being unlucky with having Monson and Redstone join his main team after Dudley's and Willow's demise, I still think he could win. People have won in the past with having old people who didn't make the drop 40 as recently as last year, so not all is lost. 

I think one of the other riskiest teams this year is DevonDeathTrip. He went for a lot of oldsters with minimal 40 chances (Blanco, Lorimer) and even went with a lot of names that he has brought up on the forum himself (Clegg, Remigino, Goldberg). Along with his two potential uniques, I think this might have DevonDeathTrip go back to his glory days.

Death Impends, while never in doubt to be a strong team, looks strong and might be a 20/20 team this year. While I honestly have no idea who Laura Barry is even though I tried looking her up after you announced your team, I absolutely love your Cynthia Heimel pick. Very much a name that goes for one of my interests (feminism), and honestly would have made a spot in my B Team if I had known about her. I did know about David Shutts, but he was one of those names that I looked at but completely ignored afterwards, so no doubt that he'll score points for you now...

RadGuy, you say you might not make the top 20, but I say that's a strong team right there imo. Some interesting punts, and once again, has a lot of old people with minimal drop 40 chances like DevonDeathTrip with no FFBI types. Honestly, I like that some of the contenders are completely moving away from FFBI in general.

Speaking of that, Toast has always been one of those people who avoids FFBI, and I think she has a strong team to prove that you don't actually need FFBI to do very well in the DDP. Some strong picks on her team (honestly, why didn't the committee plump for Willie Nelson), and I love to see a team with mainly well known celebrities in the top ten.

Grim Up North looks like on paper to be this years rookie of the year. Of course, I haven't seen many other rookie teams, but he does a decent enough job with other dead pools that I think he'll be fine here. 

And finally, the Dead Cow. This year is actually going to be quite interesting between you and me, especially since we share 14/20 picks (it was 13 but Willow unfortunately died before the starting, but she may not receive a QO by the looks of it anymore). So it's a game between Youngs/Tapie/Stiles/Willesee/Falkholt/Toothill vs Forster/Fraser/Jowell/Nolan/Smith/Stefansson. Really going to be a tight game between us, though I think you have the better team especially with Youngs and Stiles. Not to mention if one of our shared picks don't obit, we'll both fall behind.

Some very great teams this year, and as I said before, I think it'll be a while before we can guess the true contenders...

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Is it too early to say the abundance of B and C team's should be a reason to get rid the drop 40 bonus in 2019. The drop 40 was create to give a boost to picking more traditionally famous people like Stan Lee,Prunella Scales etc.  The wave of top teams having a secondary squad and sometimes C squad is gonna insert the drop 40 with the cancer picks like Clegg,Cryne's,Goodwin's,Alcock's etc over the Stan Lee's and Prunella Scales

I always knew that there would be an uprising of cancer picks with the new drop 40, but I don't think the B Teams will really affect who makes the drop 40 tbh. It has more deep picks that people don't often expect to make the drop 40, so I wouldn't really expect any of the names above (maybe Cryne is the exception, but he's already on a lot of main teams) to make the drop 40 this year

11 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Death Impends, while never in doubt to be a strong team, looks strong and might be a 20/20 team this year. While I honestly have no idea who Laura Barry is even though I tried looking her up after you announced your team, I absolutely love your Cynthia Heimel pick. Very much a name that goes for one of my interests (feminism), and honestly would have made a spot in my B Team if I had known about her. I did know about David Shutts, but he was one of those names that I looked at but completely ignored afterwards, so no doubt that he'll score points for you now...

Barry is a former apprentice jockey w a rare cancer (periphery nerve sheath? something like that) that since spread to several organs about a year ago. Not a guaranteed death, and wouldn't get an obit if she died 30 years from now, but I think her young age could get something. A fundraiser for her got a SkySports mention in Jan 2017 (along with Mirror and Mail but I'm warier of those following up). Basically my 2018 Julia Perez high risk, very high reward.

Will admit one of the things I wanted to work on is broadsheet fu, so Heimel was a blatant Guardian pick and Shutts a Telegraph one. ^_^

15 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

High. Especially in British 'broadsheet' newspapers like The Times and Daily Telegraph. 

However former Dutch PM Piet de Jong went without a qualifying obit.

• Thanks 1

Well done GC - one of those 5 pointers nailed :D

When I picked my team I think I might have been way over optimistic with who would get in the Drop 40 - I reckoned 12 of my team as follows:- Liam Miller, Linda Nolan, John McCain, Nobby Stiles, Patrick Cryne, Leah Bracknell, Rayya Elias, Vanessa Goodwin, Stefan Karl, Tessa Jowell, Greg Gilbert and Dean Francis.

On my B team I can add Ami Brown to the above list.

Now I'm thinking maybe only 6 or 7 of them plus possibly Vervoort who I didn't think would originally.

That's messing up my maths!

6 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Is it too early to say the abundance of B and C team's should be a reason to get rid the drop 40 bonus in 2019. The drop 40 bonus was create to give a boost to picking more traditionally famous people like Stan Lee,Prunella Scales etc.  The wave of top teams having a secondary squad and sometimes C squad is gonna insert the drop 40 with the cancer picks like Clegg,Cryne's,Goodwin's,Alcock's etc over the Stan Lee's and Prunella Scales

Yes, far too early. We don't even know the Drop 40 yet. Also, remember that each year about 5-10 (roughly) known to be ill folk make the Drop 40 regardless - some with numbers well above the forum regulars - but it is always swamped with the famous old folk. Bush Sr, Oliva dH, Norden etc will probably all still be in high positions.

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

What does FFBI stand for? :wacko:

Famous for Being Ill.

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

When I picked my team I think I might have been way over optimistic with who would get in the Drop 40 - I reckoned 12 of my team as follows:- Liam Miller, Linda Nolan, John McCain, Nobby Stiles, Patrick Cryne, Leah Bracknell, Rayya Elias, Vanessa Goodwin, Stefan Karl, Tessa Jowell, Greg Gilbert and Dean Francis.

Well, if you think 9 of my team are on the Drop 40, I would accept that. :D  Highly unlikely though - McCain, Stiles, Brackers, Karl and Gilbert will, and I suspect Francis, Nolan and Miller might. Cryne, Elias, and especially Goodwin have no chance.

• Thanks 1

Last year didn't just yield a record for succesful drop 40 deaths you also had a lot of people just outside the drop 40 go(Berkowitz,Fawkes,Berry,Hefner,Liz Dawn,Lamotta,Moore,Hewlett). That definitely lives room for some cancery surprises

I'd say Ellias is almost a drop 40 lock,she is on the radar of even casual teams cause of how many top teams picked her in 2017,and she is like a consensous safe pick for every top team ala Christie and Downie last year. Gilberts another one who is probably on 40+ teams

I will be very surprised if Elias reaches the Drop 40. She's not had the wall to wall tabloid coverage here that inspires that extra pickings.

Anyhow, those names you mention, 5 of 8 were old people, and of the Drop 40, 9 of the hits were old folk too!

Remember there's about 30 people on here who play the DDP regularly. If each of them all picked the same cancer mum, she'd still fail to make the Drop 40. But let's see what the Drop 40 actually is.

7 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

I would prefer to see the return of the rule allowing only one main team and two theme teams.  Although that might not prevent a FFBI theme team.

This has been noted and it is something I may well seek to curb in future years. A good rule is we should stop any attempt at gamesmanship before someone starts gaming it, hence the cut back on death announcements as a valid obit source (although if you're prepared to spend £80 a pop getting an obit in the Times, you could just bribe me as gamerunner to let you win).

• Like 2

I see the 2nd Twenty as more a place to put interesting people rather than game the system. It's not a serious team, as seen by the referee whose cancer is under control, the fraudster reality tv star, a whole bunch of sports stars who wont obit (due to lack of regional Beeb obits), a legendary game designer who sadly wont obit but I wanted to pick him anyway, my really old mascot, a serial killer so I can cheer if he dies, and a bunch of folk I don't actually think are going to die!

The only two who will make Drop 40 are Ricksen (who would anyway), and Vervoort (who I have completely underestimated the interest level in...).

Others may have had different Machiavellian ideas of course. I just see it as an extra wee bit of fun...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, msc said:

Well, if you think 9 of my team are on the Drop 40, I would accept that. :D  Highly unlikely though - McCain, Stiles, Brackers, Karl and Gilbert will, and I suspect Francis, Nolan and Miller might. Cryne, Elias, and especially Goodwin have no chance.

:D Yeah like I said I way overestimated based on profile on this site of the picks.

Going to be harder to get 180 points than I thought!;):P

3 hours ago, msc said:

I see the 2nd Twenty as more a place to put interesting people rather than game the system. It's not a serious team, as seen by the referee whose cancer is under control, the fraudster reality tv star, a whole bunch of sports stars who wont obit (due to lack of regional Beeb obits), a legendary game designer who sadly wont obit but I wanted to pick him anyway, my really old mascot, a serial killer so I can cheer if he dies, and a bunch of folk I don't actually think are going to die!

The only two who will make Drop 40 are Ricksen (who would anyway), and Vervoort (who I have completely underestimated the interest level in...).

Others may have had different Machiavellian ideas of course. I just see it as an extra wee bit of fun...

I put in more focus on being interesting as well, more or less. If my B-Team was just going to be a Goodwin, Ricksen, Lima, whatever team I wouldn't have bothered - rather I share some of my more eclectic findings, and the interesting but old people. I'm not interested in gaming the Drop 40 system since the only two I picked with a chance (Bush and ONJ) were always going to qualify with flying colors.

• Like 1

I honestly don’t see why people think that having a B Team will game the system. As you can probably tell, it’s instead a mix of very interesting folk (some younger folk, some older folk as well, but all interesting to my eyes), and apart from my joker, I don’t expect any of them to make the drop 40. It’s not supposed to win, but instead it shows an eclectic side that I have...

• Like 1

My assessment on my own teams:

The Love Boat:

Marieke Vervoort - In my opinion, the logical joker. I think she'll do it and let herself be euthanised. Sad, but it's what she wants. And it will be a relief.

Shalom Ouanounou - Huge gamble, his story was reported by the BBC though. There'll be a legal decision next month whether this brain-dead body continues to be externally stimulated. The decision will definitely be reported. His death as well? By the way, I thought it was too shameless to also pick the body of Taquisha McKitty - a similar case.

Leah Bracknell - Going by statistics, I'd give her a 90% chance of dying, but there's this nagging doubt in the back of my mind, is she faking it? We've never seen her in a hospital....

Dean Francis - Outliving his initial prognosis, shouldn't survive after opting out of chemo for something else. But like Errol Christie, he'll fight for every single day.

Emma Hannigan - Her latest blog post is sounding like Connie Johnson at the beginning of the end. I'm surprised she wasn't picked by you guys. I still doubt she'll be a unique pick. Obitability is still a question, but she got Mirror coverage and has fans.

Thuy Thanh Truong - Another gamble as her BBC coverage is now a bit dated. But by all accounts, she's the type of person our corporate overlords like. Her treatment stopped working recently and they're trying something new now. Her medication points towards (stage IV) non-small cell lung cancer. So the prognosis is not good at all...

Sara Chivers - I thought I had to have at least one cancer mum. She got repeated coverage and will die soon. So I went for it.

Devin Lima - stage IV adrenal cancer has a very bad prognosis, well... just like most other stage IV cancer types. I have a feeling he won't make it, and the silence is better than the activity of Greg Gilbert and Stefan Karl, so....

Derek Dudley/Thomas S. Monson - Well, I was pretty sure that Dudley will receive a "Les Mutrie memorial" obit. His death saves me the pain of following the BBC match reports... I'm not sure if it was a 5 point loss, or a 5 point gain. Maybe it was an omen that my team will have a pretty wild ride....

Rayya Elias - inevitable

Nobby Stiles - I have been expecting his death announcement for the past 6 months or so. Can't do much longer...

Pauline Maroney - picked on a whim. Had to remove her from my theme team so that the chance of a unique hit remains. Looking good so far. Daily Mail fodder.

Cas Willow/Sumner Redstone - Well, I don't know about this one. Depends on Spade's decision. As a sub, Sumner Redstone is a solid pick, yet I regret not picking John "Cocksy" Cocks, because I had the vain hope of him being a unique hit for my theme team. Redstone is now 94, the same age Liliane Bettencourt was when she died.

Liam Miller - I have, again, read rumours of him being in a hospice. Could be the echo of the first annoucement though. Still, a 10/13 pointer with pancreatic cancer - had to be.

Matt Cappotelli - The latest wave of news on him confused me with the headline "5 years to live". Turns out that the headline was a bit misleading. He's very likely dying this year.

Tiffany Youngs - Grim prognosis, but supposedly did ok a couple of months ago (a small improvement after a very hard time 2016/17). A year will be a long time for her. She could make it though.

Fernando Ricksen - Like with Joost, some late-year news snippets made me pick him. Statistically, it's one year too soon. But he's supposedly in decline, looks every worse and got honoured in a way that looked like a goodbye.

Hector Timerman - A pick I fell in love with (too much?). The rumours were pancreatic cancer. His New York Times article last week confirms that he's ill. But it might also have made other people pick him. I think he'll get a QO pretty easily. He was involved in the latest Falklands Island crisis. Think Reuters UK should cover his death at least. His father was also a notable communist.

John McCain - I said before. The biggest lock of 2018 for me (among the popular names).

Tessa Jowell - A 10-pointer with aggressive brain cancer, a no-brainer - even if she survives the year I wouldn't regret it.

The B-Team:

Morgan Tsvangirai - Just lacking that slightest bit of ..I don't know... to make the main team. But I've pushed the name so much, that I had to pick him prominently.

Vanessa Goodwin - obviously dying, saw a picture of her on Twitter. I just had the slightest doubt of her obitability.

Jean-Louis Trintignant - he knows he's on borrowed time. Mid-year death.

Philomena Lynott - lively woman, lasting quite a while now. A bit like Charlotte Rae. But neither of them can defy nature.

Dawn Wilson - I wanted my B-Team to be the very safe contrast to my main team. But I ended up with a very low potential score for it. So I had to add a cancer mum, so that I have a chance to improve on my 2017 performance. She made it. She got repeated press coverage and looks almost dead.

Kathleen Blanco - I'm just not "experienced" enough with eye-cancer to pick her for my main team. It does look like a pretty safe bet though - although: Judy Martz lived with pancreatic cancer a year longer than expected.

Nicholas Edwards - I'm still a bit annoyed that Sean revealed his cancer (from Sophie Sabbage's blog). That's research one better doesn't give away.

Vanessa LaFaye - eh, stage IV cancer, and the slot needed to be filled.

Dilip Kumar - He surely can't last much longer (each time I say this, he is granted another year). His "somber" birthday party sounded like everyone expects that it is his last.

Genesis P-Orridge - the gofundme updates don't sound good at all - death in spring

Denis Goldberg - eh, terminal lung cancer, over 80 years old, "last battle". He's a goner

Peter Lorimer - mysterious silence. Sort of expected him dead by now. At his age, I don't expect a miraculous recovery.

Patrick Cryne - He was on my main team for a loooong time. His certain death might just be the points I miss at the very end.

Satoru Anzaki - The obit isn't a sure thing. His death this year is.

Franco Zeffirelli - He was also on my main team, when I still had a bit of defence. Can't possibly last another 12 months.

Bobby Zarin - He cannot shake his cancer off. Could happen any day now.

Charlotte Rae - see Philomena Lynott

Johnny Hubbard - I believe in Charon's opinion.

Anna Pavord - a sneaky unique hit? Likely the only chance the B-Team has for a unique hit in the 3rd year running. Let's see. Another attack of her stomach cancer will quickly kill her.

Lindy Remigino - pancreatic cancer and Daily Mail/AP obit guaranteed. 

10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Derek Dudley/Thomas S. Monson - Well, I was pretty sure that Dudley will receive a "Les Mutrie memorial" obit. His death saves me the pain of following the BBC match reports... I'm not sure if it was a 5 point loss, or a 5 point gain. Maybe it was an omen that my team will have a pretty wild ride....

Dudley got Mirror, Sun and Daily Star obits. 

I never really doubted he would, despite his relative obscurity, being both young and an ex-Aston Villa player made him a cert.

• Thanks 1

I thought he was too local to get anything. Kudos to those that took the risk... well, even if the timing was off.

Yeah, I never really considered Dudley to be DDP material cause he just didn’t seem to be well known enough to score points. But still, well done to the people who picked him even if he died too soon. 

Americans tend to underestimate just how crazy Europeans are about their soccer football.

• Like 1