DeathClock

Joe Biden

36 minutes ago, Joltin Joe said:

Just for context, his son received his bronze star for achievement while part of JAG in Iraq. The congressman received his for combat in Iraq as part of the 82nd Airborne Division, during one of his three combat tours in the Middle East.

8 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Has tested positive for Covid-19.

One health issue after another. 

18 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Has tested positive for Covid-19.

As per the below post, he could use this as a get out clause, just a question of whether or not he does:

3 hours ago, Brad252 said:

Biden reported to have said he'd consider withdrawing if a medical condition emerged. Reading between the lines I wonder if this is laying the ground for him to announce his withdrawal from the race in a way that doesn't look like he was forced to, where he can claim circumstances changed.

• Like 1

Rep Adam Schiff has now gone on record saying he should stand down.Biggest name of Congress so far to do so.

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

One health issue after another. 

Trump has reportedly phoned Biden to suggest a bleach injection will do the trick.

• Haha 6

Democratic Convention starts on Aug 19th. This will need to be an absolute deadline. If he makes it till then he will be the candidate for good or ill. 

34 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Democratic Convention starts on Aug 19th. This will need to be an absolute deadline. If he makes it till then he will be the candidate for good or ill. 

The problem is, as far as I can tell, nobody thinks he can now win (especially with Trumps current luck - see Trump thread), if they are correct, then he simply has to be replaced by somebody who stands any chance of winning at all.

• Like 1

Maybe they should replace him with Jimmy Carter. He seems to be in good health.

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Bestparolanto said:

Maybe they should replace him with Jimmy Carter. He seems to be in good health.

He's the one person who makes Biden look young.

• Haha 4

I think the headache is who they replace him with.

Whoever it is won’t really have the backing of  the membership as presumably either delegates will be directed by the hierarchy or it will be a free for all at the convention.

Or Kamala Harris… 

• Like 1

Just now, Windsor said:

Whoever it is won’t really have the backing of  the membership as presumably either delegates will be directed by the hierarchy or it will be a free for all at the convention.

Or Kamala Harris… 

I think it is a case of they don't want to go through all the problems you have mentioned but they know they have to or they will hand victory to Trump on a silver platter.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/i-named-a-uh-the-biden-stumbles-over-lloyd-austins-name-calls-him-black-man/articleshow/111843859.cms

Appears to forget Secretary of Defence Llloyd Austin's name referring to him as " the black man".

Christ Joe, I know the man has had some health problems as of late so he's occasionally out of the office, but you really should know the name of your Secretary of Defense! If that was Trump, it'd be all over the news for weeks...

2 hours ago, Windsor said:

Or Kamala Harris… 

IF Biden drops out and Kamala Karris doesn't die of a a random assassin or a heart attack it's going to be her.

It seems like he will drop out by this weekend. Pundits (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) have been talking as if it is a foregone conclusion. Doesn't make sense to not run for re-election, but stay as a sitting President IMO. If Harris can showcase she can do the job the next few months, Democrats would be better off.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Harris might be able to pull it off if she picks a strong running mate, such as one of the Democrat governors who have been linked with running as the main candidate, but it's not an ideal situation and one of the primary reasons they'd be stuck with her is all the campaign funding raised would be lost if she was sidelined.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s pretty much impossible for the Dems to win or prevent a trifecta. Best they can do is limit the damage to make 2028 more winnable and also help future attempts to win the senate and house 

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

It’s pretty much impossible for the Dems to win or prevent a trifecta. Best they can do is limit the damage to make 2028 more winnable and also help future attempts to win the senate and house 

If the Dems don't win they may not get the opportunity in 2028!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jcc said:

If the Dems don't win they may not get the opportunity in 2028!

You best listen to Crem, he's such an expert.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

How is the weather in Mother Russia?

1 hour ago, TQR said:

You best listen to Crem, he's such an expert.

I don't know, I heard his DL buddies are encouraging him to drop out of the site... just saying...

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

You've underestimated Trump's self-destructive abilities, he's had a very good week, long way to go. 

Maybe around the time he walks into the Hudson River in September convinced he can part the waters the polls will change