DeathClock

Joe Biden

9 hours ago, jcc said:

If the Dems don't win they may not get the opportunity in 2028!

Surely the Suoreme court are not that stupid to allow a ban on Elections. That would surely trigger a civil war.

16 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

You've underestimated Trump's self-destructive abilities, he's had a very good week, long way to go. 

Maybe around the time he walks into the Hudson River in September convinced he can part the waters the polls will change

Even I have to admit that I think they were having a pretty effective convention (even if I disagree with most of their shit, a lot of their shit was well-planned and well-executed).  But Trump may have ruined some or even a lot of his momentum with that horrible, way-too-long speech last night.  The first 10-15 minutes or so, when he was on script and talking about the assassination attempt, were fine.  Then for about an hour he was off script and riffing and rambling and basically it was just like one of his rallies where he just talks out of his ass with blatantly false accusations.  And it was boring.  Now, I don't know if this race is already over, but a lot of political analysts were thinking that if he had delivered a unifying type of speech where he showed a different side, that he could have essentially put this thing to bed.  Instead, he may have left an opening because he just showed that he's the same person he's always been.  

Also, to address something TOC wrote, it's my belief that if they go to Harris, that the House is very much in play.  The Senate will go Republican, and Trump is still a solid favorite to win the presidency.  But the House is very winnable, and it's possible that Harris over Biden could actually energize the base.  That might be enough to flip the House; down-ballot Democrats are outperforming Biden in almost all of the polling.  So maybe Harris at the top of the ticket could make a difference in those down-ballot races.  And if that happens, well, then going with Harris will have at least salvaged something.  

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Biden vows to run as more Democrats ask him to drop out

His insistence on running is proof that he isn't fit to do so.

Is there any way of removing a president from office if they're found to be 'not of sound mind' (then again, this could also apply to Trump too if he wins)?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

Is there any way of removing a president from office if they're found to be 'not of sound mind' (then again, this could also apply to Trump too if he wins)?

It requires the cabinet + VP....so not really!

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

Section 4 of the 25th Amendment:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Edit: Ninja'ed

Edited by polar duck
  • Like 2

What a relief!

Very sudden in a way. No speech for a few days with the announcement in a letter is not what people expected. People thought the speech or message like Lyndon B Johnson did would be the first we heard of it officially 

Hasn’t directly endorsed Harris so it could be very messy. 

It was inevitable really, the way he is going at the moment he will struggle to see January as President never mind another 4 years on top of that if he somehow won, perfectly obvious he is not a well man and he will only get worse as he ages. 

• Like 1

Not that it matters, but I think that tweet has most-liked list potential. We're up to 200k likes after 19 minutes. A sign of a popular decision.

Oh my God finally! I was considering voting third party (I'm in Illinois which would go to Democrats if Biden were a literal corpse) but now it's looking a little better. But now who? I'm thinking someone sprightly like congresswoman Grace Napolitano.

21 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Very sudden in a way. No speech for a few days with the announcement in a letter is not what people expected. People thought the speech or message like Lyndon B Johnson did would be the first we heard of it officially 

Hasn’t directly endorsed Harris so it could be very messy. 

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Endorses Harris.

Lol, imao.

• Haha 7

A few pages of "You've chosen to ignore content by The Old Crem".

Joy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Endorses Harris.

That was quick and also begged why he didn’t do in the letter. 

• Facepalm 1

DNC could descend into madness.

Harris bears the reported scars of the past 4 years, so the attack lines on record still stand. However, Trump will look like yesterday's man more and more.

Is America ready for a female President? As an outside observer, the country seems to be going through its mediaeval stage imo. Ha!

Newsom may mount a challenge at the Convention.

Just now, Drewsky1211 said:

Its joever : r/titanfall

Bi, den.

Thank you... he's a good man. More proof of that. It's very rare in politics.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Harris bears the reported scars of the past 4 years, so the attack lines on record still stand. However, Trump will look like yesterday's man more and more.

Is America ready for a female President? As an outside observer, the country seems to be going through its mediaeval stage imo. Ha!

The main problems the moderates of the party had with Joseph was his age, and Newsom is a snake, he knows how to be patient, he will wait until probably 2028 to actually run.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Trump has the momentum at the moment... And I doubt that will change if Harris is on top of the ticket.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Father Brown said:

About time. 

Yes, he would seem to have been a pretty popular president and has done a lot of good. Possibly he could even have continued to do so for another four years. However, following his dismal performance in the debate he was toast. It doesn't make any difference whether he was still on top of it all, once his credibility was shot in the eyes of the public he was done. It was (and is) too close a race to continue as a lame duck, he had to make way for someone, anyone, who has a chance of defeating Trump. He's done the decent thing, and for that should be applauded. Took a little while too long indeed, but right in the end.

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I’d be surprised if Newson challenged someone Biden endorsed. 

• Like 2