DeathClock

Joe Biden

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Joe Biden has had a skin cancer lesion removed White House confirms  but no further treatment required. 

Still something to be concerned about. Although at his age probably less than a young person.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Comped said:

Still something to be concerned about. Although at his age probably less than a young person.

Yes and skin cancer is one of the less deadly cancer

• Like 1

Not expected to attend King Charles' coronation https://people.com/royals/joe-biden-not-expected-attend-king-charles-coronation/. It isn't a first, as back in 1953 President Eisenhower had also skipped Queen Elizabeth's coronation. However it's been creating rumors and inside info that frequent international travel has begun to take it's toll on Biden and that his aides are keen to restrict him from making such trips in the future.

2 hours ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

Not expected to attend King Charles' coronation https://people.com/royals/joe-biden-not-expected-attend-king-charles-coronation/. It isn't a first, as back in 1953 President Eisenhower had also skipped Queen Elizabeth's coronation. However it's been creating rumors and inside info that frequent international travel has begun to take it's toll on Biden and that his aides are keen to restrict him from making such trips in the future.

Has a US President ever attended a UK Coronation?  I think probably not.

• Like 3

Roosevelt didn't attend George VI's coronation either. In fact, it seems to be rare for heads of state to attend the coronation of another. Looking at the guests of the last two coronations, the only monarchs present were from British protectorates, and the European and other royalty were represented by assorted crown princes and other lesser members of their families.

As for the US, Gen. George Marshall of Marshall Plan fame was the head of the American delegation at Elizabeth II's coronation, and for George VI's they sent James W. Gerard, a diplomat, and John Pershing, the famous WWI general.

• Like 4

For George V's coronation the US sent John Hays Hammond, diplomat and mining magnate, and Maj. Gen. Adolphus Greely, a polar explorer. A joint diplomatic/military representation approach does seem to be the one with precedent.

Interestingly, the Vatican representative at the coronation of George V was the future pope Pius XII.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

Biden's travelling to Northern Ireland on April 11th, then onto the Republic of Ireland.
No President attends the coronation.

• Like 2

Officially running for re-election. A gruelling task for anyone, and his health is going to be constantly scrutinised.

• Like 1

Yay, another four years of stumbles and mumbles meaning he has a brain like a pickled walnut and will die within the hour.

Imagine if it was Biden v Trump again…

China and Russia must love our democratic system.

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

China and Russia must love our democratic system.

Almost as much as Trump does, I'm sure.

11 hours ago, prussianblue said:

Officially running for re-election. A gruelling task for anyone, and his health is going to be constantly scrutinised.

Especially seeing as he is struggling to be coherent these days and has to be prompted where to stand after speaking.

I saw someone on BBC say they are concerned about Bidens health so he should pick John Fetterman as his running mate.Nearly spat my coffee out 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sean said:

I saw someone on BBC say they are concerned about Bidens health so he should pick John Fetterman as his running mate.Nearly spat my coffee out 

I saw that too and had the same reaction! That would be quite the ticket. Would make Trump look like a vision of youth and vitality.

He definitely needs a new VP, the current one is rubbish 

23 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Trump-Biden-Biden or Trump-Biden-Trump both have heavy, heavy vibes of a collapsing Eastern European nation in the in 1980s.

34 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Trump-Biden-Biden or Trump-Biden-Trump both have heavy, heavy vibes of a collapsing Eastern European nation in the in 1980s.

The gerontocracy is definitely starting to show. If the US had an equivalent of the October Revolution Day parade then you'd see a similar grey lineup to the one the USSR had along Lenin's Tomb in its twilight years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

The gerontocracy is definitely starting to show. If the US had an equivalent of the October Revolution Day parade then you'd see a similar grey lineup to the one the USSR had along Lenin's Tomb in its twilight years.

Yeah, according to BBC last night 95% of Americans wish it was something other than  these two facing off. 

Agree with the point above, btw, Biden would do himself a favour to pick a different running mate next time. 

• Like 1

Just now, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, according to BBC last night 95% of Americans wish it was something other than  these two facing off. 

Agree with the point above, btw, Biden would do himself a favour to pick a different running mate next time. 

According to Kamala Harris' twitter feed she is still on the ticket

One of the suggestions behind the 2016 result was that African-Americans did not come out to vote for a Hillary/Tim ticket

Kamala is there for a reason. She has not made much of an impact in the two years since Biden took office but I think if re-elected she will be much more prominent with her eye on 2028

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bibliogryphon said:

According to Kamala Harris' twitter feed she is still on the ticket

One of the suggestions behind the 2016 result was that African-Americans did not come out to vote for a Hillary/Tim ticket

Kamala is there for a reason. She has not made much of an impact in the two years since Biden took office but I think if re-elected she will be much more prominent with her eye on 2028

My American friend (liberal Democrat, frustrated with the party) who I talk politics with agreed with me that Harris wouldn't have a hope of getting the presidency if she was standing on her own merit. Could she be edging into being seen as a detriment to the ticket though, if people consider that she has a strong possibility of succeeding through Biden's death or incapacity? Let's face it, her odds improve every day, while her public perception seems to range between indifference and active dislike.

Incidentally I had completely forgotten about Hillary's running mate, and I have had to look up what his surname is :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

Incidentally I had completely forgotten about Hillary's running mate, and I have had to look up what his surname is :D

I couldn't be bothered so didn't include it :D

If Trump wants to negate the too white issue on the ticket, Tim Scott would make a hell of a lot of sense as a VP... More moderate for one thing.

Harris has essentially been kept out of the public light ever since she's had that series of flops over the border and other issues early on. Rightfully so. My local news outlets all but said Harris has only been kept on for diversity reasons, which is not really a reason you want to pick your vice president...

58 minutes ago, Comped said:

If Trump wants to negate the too white issue on the ticket, Tim Scott would make a hell of a lot of sense as a VP... More moderate for one thing.

Harris has essentially been kept out of the public light ever since she's had that series of flops over the border and other issues early on. Rightfully so. My local news outlets all but said Harris has only been kept on for diversity reasons, which is not really a reason you want to pick your vice president...

Tucker Carlson's currently unemployed - he might be offering himself as Trump's running mate!

• Like 1