Sean

By -Election Bingo 2019-2024

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/08/tory-mp-faces-bankruptcy-over-unpaid-taxes-and-may-have-to-step-down-adam-afriyie

There is a possibility of yet another by election various UK newspapers are reporting. 

Conservative MP for Windsor  Adam Afriyie might soon be declared bankrupt as a result  of unpaid  taxes and thus be forced to resign.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Isn't he the one talked about as a future PM when Cameron was in charge? Quite the fall from grace.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Isn't he the one talked about as a future PM when Cameron was in charge? Quite the fall from grace.

Yes he was . Lots of people touted as future prime ministers never come to fruition,  Chris Bryant,  Ruth Davidson, Alan Milburn etc

WTF is happening in the United Kingdom lately?

Why is this thread so active?

Sir Geoffrey Cox QC now under fire as well.

Cox is a very accomplished lawyer and represented the British Virgin Islands Gov against the UK Gov in court. Also seems to spend 90% of his time doing this type of work. Only spoke once in the Commons chamber in the last 13 months.

The Chief Whip was supposedly absolutely livid and called him up this morning, effectively ordering him to spend more time in his constituency. IMO he should just step down and let someone else do the job. I know it's likely hard to let go as it would be a great honour being a member of parliament, but you cannot represent your constituents effectively if you have another full time role elsewhere.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

WTF is happening in the United Kingdom lately?

Why is this thread so active?

B****T

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Sir Geoffrey Cox QC now under fire as well.

Cox is a very accomplished lawyer and represented the British Virgin Islands Gov against the UK Gov in court. Also seems to spend 90% of his time doing this type of work. Only spoke once in the Commons chamber in the last 13 months.

The Chief Whip was supposedly absolutely livid and called him up this morning, effectively ordering him to spend more time in his constituency. IMO he should just step down and let someone else do the job. I know it's likely hard to let go as it would be a great honour being a member of parliament, but you cannot represent your constituents effectively if you have another full time role elsewhere.

My MP.   They'd vote for a donkey here if it wore a blue rosette. 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

My MP.   They'd vote for a donkey here if it wore a blue rosette. 

Dinna fash, Boris has the very replacement:

North Yorks Enquirer | “I Will Give A Voice To The Public”

Might be more by elections coming up as it’s been reported some mp’s might quite mid term (rather than wait till the next election to retire) over being banned from having paid consultancy jobs. I can’t see any quilting  myself through - I am sure many will be able to cope until the next election through after that they could be a big clear out on the Tory benches particularly.  

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Might be more by elections coming up as it’s been reported some mp’s might quite mid term (rather than wait till the next election to retire) over being banned from having paid consultancy jobs. I can’t see any quilting myself through.

Nah they’ll all die of cancer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Might be more by elections coming up as it’s been reported some mp’s might quite mid term (rather than wait till the next election to retire) over being banned from having paid consultancy jobs. I can’t see any quilting  myself through - I am sure many will be able to cope until the next election through after that they could be a big clear out on the Tory benches particularly.  

What language are you speaking?

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What language are you speaking?

Sorry a typo.

29 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Might be more by elections coming up as it’s been reported some mp’s might quite mid term (rather than wait till the next election to retire) over being banned from having paid consultancy jobs. I can’t see any quilting myself through - I am sure many will be able to cope until the next election through after that they could be a big clear out on the Tory benches particularly.  

They might appreciate a nice gentle hobby if they give up being MPs.

• Haha 3

GraveDanger:90

Sean:90

msc 80

The Old Crem:70

nantonion2013:70

Great Uncle Bulgaria:60

Bibliogryphon:40

Gooseberry Crumble:40

TQR 40

The engineer:30

Update for  Dromey.Any mistakes omissions let me know on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sarfend turnout something in the order of 25%. At least Sky are covering it....

On 09/11/2021 at 03:54, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/08/tory-mp-faces-bankruptcy-over-unpaid-taxes-and-may-have-to-step-down-adam-afriyie

There is a possibility of yet another by election various UK newspapers are reporting. 

Conservative MP for Windsor  Adam Afriyie might soon be declared bankrupt as a result  of unpaid  taxes and thus be forced to resign.

Additionally, Adam Afriyie seems to be, instead of a bit of cunt, a full on wholemilk cunt. Nice round-up of his misdemeanours here: https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/windsor-mp-adam-afriyie-under-22960100

• Thanks 1

For the record for anyone who gives a toss Jack Dromey died of heart failure.

I did watch sky coverage of by-election as having trouble sleeping of late (body clock in night mood but haven`t worked nights in months) . I tried to analyse the result but there were no conclusions to be drawn as expected. No real opposition standing so just a load of fringe candidates against Firth. The turnout wasn`t even as low in some by elections. No mention of Boris in her speech though or anything really partisan was the only thing to note.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sean said:

For the record for anyone who gives a toss Jack Dromey died of heart failure.

I did watch sky coverage of by-election as having trouble sleeping of late (body clock in night mood but haven`t worked nights in months) . I tried to analyse the result but there were no conclusions to be drawn as expected. No real opposition standing so just a load of fringe candidates against Firth. The turnout wasn`t even as low in some by elections. No mention of Boris in her speech though or anything really partisan was the only thing to note.

Would be funny if the first thing the new Conservative MP for Southend did on arriving in Westminster was to hand a letter of no-confidence in the Prime Minister to Graham Brady

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Additionally, Adam Afriyie seems to be, instead of a bit of cunt, a full on wholemilk cunt. Nice round-up of his misdemeanours here: https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/windsor-mp-adam-afriyie-under-22960100

He is my MP and I can confirm he's a bit of a cunt. Everyone around here calls him Absent Adam and I know he only votes in things that benefits his business interests and he doesn't reply to people. I would be delighted if he resigned but any new election would still go to Conservatives because only place that is Labour round here is Slough or Reading. Though I know Bracknell Forest has got some Lib Dems in council seats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absent Adam love it!:L

Alan mak MP is the same, you only see him when there's a photo op, an opening shaking hands and goes off again.

• Like 1

Neil Coyle has the Labour whip removed over racist comments to journalist of Chinese heritage 

• Like 1