Paul Bearer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2021

1 hour ago, Toggsy said:

Has anyone mentioned Barbara Windsor 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53635317

Not new to the forum lost old login details so set up new account 

That story is from August FFS.

Maybe you need to lose your new log in details too.

9 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

I think the Committee can dismiss some younger picks for 2021, namely, Shane MacGowan, Paul Gascoigne, Michael J. Fox and Michael Schumacher. Granted they might go in 2021, but they could instead die in another five or ten years. I feel Bill Turnbull, James Whale, Shannen Doherty, Tom Parker and Rush Limbaugh are great 2021 shouts though.

Concerning Mikhail Gorbachev, I think the DL Committee can risk leaving him out again next year. Yes, he’s a reasonably solid candidate but I have no reason to believe he’s in terrible health and it will already be so hard limiting this list down to just 50.

Yeah, like the 'committee' actually gives an absolute fuck what you think.

You are, like many who give your opinions to the 'committee' utterly fucking deluded and a knob head.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yeah, like the 'committee' actually gives an absolute fuck what you think.

You are, like many who give your opinions to the 'committee' utterly fucking deluded and a knob head.

Don’t hold back, say what you feel, LFN!

A5E95C7D-F4D0-444E-90EA-9B2F50B15002.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Don’t hold back, say what you feel.

It helps.

I no longer need therapy. :lol:

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

It helps.

I no longer need therapy. :lol:

Lol damn you, in before the edit 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2020 at 20:59, msc said:

Patricia Routledge is also a name people know who is randomly in her 90s but has no other health news whatsoever...

See also about 50 others...

A fall last month, but before that she was still performing:

https://www.chichester.co.uk/news/people/chichester-star-dame-patricia-routledge-resting-following-fall-3011690

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Trome said:

I believe that a new idea for deathlist 2021 would be both protagonists of odysea in space 2001 Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood

Is that you, Bladan?

• Like 1

So I'm hearing from the other room that Larry The Cable Guy has a new stand up program. I checked it out for a few seconds. He doesn't look very healthy, I'd say... just a hunch...

56 minutes ago, IRememberTheDayZsaZsaDied said:

Bring The Queen Back to the list along with Joe Biden and Keith Richards, Biden looks insanely frail and Keith and The Queen aren't immortal.

3 wasted picks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IRememberTheDayZsaZsaDied said:

Bring The Queen Back to the list along with Joe Biden and Keith Richards, Biden looks insanely frail and Keith and The Queen aren't immortal.

And that’s not an exaggeration at all, is it?

He looks like a 78-year-old. Because he’s fucking 78.

• Like 4

Alain Delon's health has been deteriorating for quite some time. It was looking bad for him earlier this year. I think he's notorious enough to make the 2021 list.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IRememberTheDayZsaZsaDied said:

Biden and Richards are pretty healthy people in their seventies.

The Queen would probably be a good addition to the list, as she's going to be 95 next april and if she died it would be a pretty big hit to miss

17 hours ago, arghton said:

Biden and Richards are pretty healthy people in their seventies.

The Queen would probably be a good addition to the list, as she's going to be 95 next april and if she died it would be a pretty big hit to miss

I’m really opposed to sticking her on again. The point of the DL is to get as many hits as possible.

Therefore it should be composed of names we believe will die next year, not old people where there is a remote possibility of them dying. It’s just a waste of a space that could be used for a near certain hit instead.

• Like 3

tbh* I'm opposed to leaving her off again. She'll be 95, she's A++++ famous, and at the age where a simple cold taken the wrong way could finish her off. There's 50 spots and they love their lingerers - a bunch of them died so room for Queenie.

*Yes, LFN with full knowledge nothing said on here matters to the actual list, but ya know, for sake of argument...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

So I'm hearing from the other room that Larry The Cable Guy has a new stand up program. I checked it out for a few seconds. He doesn't look very healthy, I'd say... just a hunch...

Paul Dooley is another one from the Cars film series who we should keep an eye on. He’ll be 93 in February but even so, he’ll probably make 2023. 

31 minutes ago, msc said:

tbh* I'm opposed to leaving her off again. She'll be 95, she's A++++ famous, and at the age where a simple cold taken the wrong way could finish her off. There's 50 spots and they love their lingerers - a bunch of them died so room for Queenie.

*Yes, LFN with full knowledge nothing said on here matters to the actual list, but ya know, for sake of argument...

Hey, I know YOU know they don't give a shit, it's the others that are sodding clueless to that fact!

I see Uli's point, but - in the event that she does go - isn't obviating the need to wade through the inevitable 135,000 posts on 450 new topics and 240 existing ones all tediously spouting one variation or another of "A terrible miss by the committee' worth one measly place on the list?

*PS Yes LFN i also know the committee pays no regard to  chatter on here, even if only because I learned so many moons ago from yourself and the other fixtures in the halls of this hallowed place.

If only all the those posting those fucking 'miss' posts also did, I could have saved this post.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Queen should be brought back next year.Put her near the bottom of the list.When people get to 95 a fall or chest infection can trigger a terminal decline within days or weeks.She is of course the most famous woman in the world so it would be the biggest miss in the history of DL.

• Like 2

Plus the committee have lost lots of their survivors this year and many of their perrenial picks so I don`t think it would be pushing the boat out to bring her back.I believe she is the oldest living person not currently on the list.

• Like 1

A miss is a miss.  I don't think the person's fame should quantify it as much as their chance of dying within the year.   Ill-health or frailty should be the principal factors, although reckless lifestyle can go into the mix as well (vide Maradona).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I’m really opposed to sticking her on again. The point of the DL is to get as many hits as possible.

Therefore it should be composed of names we believe will die next year, not old people where there is a remote possibility of them dying. It’s just a waste of a space that could be a near certain hit.

If that were true why is Dick van Dyke on the list? He hasn't had any health episodes. The only known health issues he's had is with addiction which he hasn't been afflicted by in over a decade or two. He's still active and look pretty damn good for his age. He's only 4 months older than the Queen. For fuck's sake we had John Edrich and Lester Piggott on the list this year who I don't think literally anybody on this site other than the committee would have ever considered. If the Queen does go next year and she's not on the list this site may as well be shut down. 

• Like 5