Paul Bearer

King Charles III

My money's on stage 1 or 2 bowel cancer. He has been eating lots of red meat at banquets for his whole life, it must have taken its toll. He also looks a bit thinner, which is a symptom of bowel cancer.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

He also looks a bit thinner, which is a symptom of bowel cancer.

Or, like both his parents (and his grandmother), old age.

• Like 1

This is going to be a tricky one to call

I suspect that there are going to be a lot of teams in 2025 which will feature King Charles at the expense of lower profile possible sicker people. I think I will wait till the later part of the year and she how he looks after the treatments

He needs to go to November to beat Richard III who was the last King to be buried in this country.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Rishi Sunak says the cancer was caught early. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Rishi Sunak says the cancer was caught early. 

Still could mean so many different outcomes.  If it's pancreatic cancer caught early, for example, maybe he'll hang around for a while like Ruth Bader Ginsburg did, who lived for 11 years after her initial diagnosis.  I don't think it's something as relatively tame as thyroid cancer, just based on the wording and tone of everything that came out.  Whatever it is, I hope he beats it.  

15 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

Rectal cancer would probably be most likely (though nowhere near certain, I'll admit). It's close to the inspection site, it's not a near-death sentence like liver or pancreatic cancer but it's still not something you can be certain he's ever going to recover from.   

Probably why he told William to stay off the pegging while both he and the PoW were in hospital.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

He needs to go to November to beat Richard III who was the last King to be buried in this country.....

What do you mean? Beat Richard III at what, and last king to be buried in which country?

27 minutes ago, Yama said:

What do you mean? Beat Richard III at what, and last king to be buried in which country?

I think I get it, as and when Charles goes we bury him under a car park!

The RingGo! king, a very 21st century monarch

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I think I get it, as and when Charles goes we bury him under a car park!

The RingGo! king, a very 21st century monarch

We bury him under a car park, "find" him 200 years later and rebury him properly, then the local football club wins the Premier League the following season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

We bury him under a car park, "find" him 200 years later and rebury him properly, then the local football club wins the Premier League the following season.

Yeah, that works - Workington haven't been higher than the third tier (and that was over 50 years ago), I'm thinking that's a place that needs a future!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, that works - Workington haven't been higher than the third tier (and that was over 50 years ago), I'm thinking that's a place that needs a future!

If they choose North London it might finally give Spurs a chance

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Yama said:

In terms of length of Reign. He has surpassed Lady Jane Gray,  Edward V and Edward VIII and Richard III is next

I was referring to England, the country (one of them) he is king of and where a significant number of poster here reside

• Like 1

Got sent this by a friend an hour after the news broke.Terrible but I did chuckle.

received_412427271295708.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone else think William is looking like he's lost a bit of weight in these photographs from today?

image.jpeg.d3206914bf1aec070a7d467f347bae4a.jpeg

image.jpeg.8d01d66409a6dc61d2ae5f5a5add1220.jpeg

Fergie, Kate and now Charles in the space of a few weeks.

Anyone checking if maybe Putin has infiltrated the kitchen at the Palace.

• Like 1

Paddington's arrived on social media...

image.jpeg.8c3de51ce4715062067f9c6501b7ba2c.jpeg

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Father Brown said:

Paddington's arrived on social media...

image.jpeg.8c3de51ce4715062067f9c6501b7ba2c.jpeg

You would think people would have the good grace to wait until he is actually dead.

in pretty sure the BBC used their funeral backdrop for the cancer announcement.

Give the man a chance at life! 

• Like 2

He truly was the people's king

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is hard to see what the royal family has had to deal with in the last short few years.  Deaths, plagued with all sorts of health issues from numerous members, discord among family members.. Pray they can get through it together and with the country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, openviews said:

Anyone checking if maybe Putin has infiltrated the kitchen at the Palace.

It's the Markle women with their voodoo dolls.  I'm not even sure I'm joking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 2

Surely the brevity of the Harry visit is actual good news. He has shown up to offer support and condolence to his father (as is fit) has been reassured as to the nature of the illness and current prognosis and buggered off home because there is nothing else for him to do.

If they were talking weeks or months then I think he would have stayed longer because there would have been more to discuss

• Like 3

Sounds like he is having chemotherapy if he is not seeing Sunak face to face, sounds like he is immunocompromised from his cancer treatment and only wants immediate close family with him

Doubt he will die this year, or next

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonScott said:

Sounds like he is having chemotherapy if he is not seeing Sunak face to face, sounds like he is immunocompromised from his cancer treatment and only wants immediate close family with him

Leading oncologists suggested it may actually be radiotherapy given when he started the treatment... Was in a video posted a few pages ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonScott said:

Even if it's terminal it was caught by accident and treatment has started nearly immediately so I reckon you are probably right.

• Like 1

I couldn't log on yesterday due to internet connection issues so don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the Urology sister I spoke with today has said it's most likely bladder cancer based on where they did the tests.

NHS referral treatment for cancer are done within 2 weeks. So private will of course get done like 2 days after diagnosis etc.

• Like 1