Paul Bearer

King Charles III

29 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I couldn't log on yesterday due to internet connection issues so don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the Urology sister I spoke with today has said it's most likely bladder cancer based on where they did the tests.

NHS referral treatment for cancer are done within 2 weeks. So private will of course get done like 2 days after diagnosis etc.

Bladder cancer lines up with a number of articles and speculations I've seen elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Surely the brevity of the Harry visit is actual good news. He has shown up to offer support and condolence to his father (as is fit) has been reassured as to the nature of the illness and current prognosis and buggered off home because there is nothing else for him to do.

If they were talking weeks or months then I think he would have stayed longer because there would have been more to discuss

Harry will have been told nothing that isn't in the public domain.  He can't be trusted not to sell it to the highest bidder.

It's clear that he wasn't welcome.  The King saw him for just long enough to tell him not to ask for any money and to fuck off.  Harry was offered no accommodation and had to book into a hotel.

45 minutes ago, Sean said:

Even if it's terminal it was caught by accident and treatment has started nearly immediately so I reckon you are probably right.

I gather he had a pretty comprehensive medical on accession, so it's not something that's been lurking for very long.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

Harry will have been told nothing that isn't in the public domain.  He can't be trusted not to sell it to the highest bidder.

It's clear that he wasn't welcome.  The King saw him for just long enough to tell him not to ask for any money and to fuck off.  Harry was offered no accommodation and had to book into a hotel.

I gather he had a pretty comprehensive medical on accession, so it's not something that's been lurking for very long.

You basically have the Harry equivalent of Trump Derangement Syndrome. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Out of interest, would they have offered the job to someone else if he failed his medical? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, prussianblue said:

You basically have the Harry equivalent of Trump Derangement Syndrome. 

I don't know what that means.

But I see no shame in disliking someone who has been vicious, cruel, treacherous, dishonest, and an all-round cunt.

As for the narcissist he married, I'm not even going to start or I'll be typing all night.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 07/02/2024 at 01:35, Bibliogryphon said:

In terms of length of Reign. He has surpassed Lady Jane Gray,  Edward V and Edward VIII and Richard III is next

I was referring to England, the country (one of them) he is king of and where a significant number of poster here reside

Ok got it. Not sure what you mean with the burial reference though, as George VI is buried in Windsor for example.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toast said:

I don't know what that means.

But I see no shame in disliking someone who has been vicious, cruel, treacherous, dishonest, and an all-round cunt.

As for the narcissist he married, I'm not even going to start or I'll be typing all night.

I can't vouch for what happened when Harry visited his father, but I agree with you on everything you said above.  He and his wife are both vile people.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yama said:

Ok got it. Not sure what you mean with the burial reference though, as George VI is buried in Windsor for example.

I take it you are not based in the UK

Within the last 15 years an amateur historian called Phillipa Langley came up with a theory that Richard III was buried in an old friary within the walls of the City of Leicester and not thrown into the River Soar as legend had suggested but the location  of the site was now covered by a council car park. She raised funds for an excavation and they did indeed find a body who was identified by DNA evidence to probably be King Richard III. The site is now a visitor centre and a tomb was created for the King in Leicester Cathedral and a burial service was held which was attended by Her Majesty the Queen. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I take it you are not based in the UK

Within the last 15 years an amateur historian called Phillipa Langley came up with a theory that Richard III was buried in an old friary within the walls of the City of Leicester and not thrown into the River Soar as legend had suggested but the location  of the site was now covered by a council car park. She raised funds for an excavation and they did indeed find a body who was identified by DNA evidence to probably be King Richard III. The site is now a visitor centre and a tomb was created for the King in Leicester Cathedral and a burial service was held which was attended by Her Majesty the Queen. 

Tbf to Yama, your exact wording is a literal statement that he was the last:

'He needs to go to November to beat Richard III who was the last King to be buried in this country.....'

12 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

Tbf to Yama, your exact wording is a literal statement that he was the last:

'He needs to go to November to beat Richard III who was the last King to be buried in this country.....'

and he was

The  burial at Leicester Cathedral was more recent than that of George VI

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ah OK, got it now. As in Richard III was re-buried after they found his 100s of years old body in the car park.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

@Bibliogryphon just has to try and get Leicester into every discussion, don't worry. ;):lol:

Don’t mention helicopters! ;)

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Master Obit said:

Why do you think that anything in the sun is remotely credible? 

Because tits.

The Telegraph say Charles will return weekly to London to meet the PM and undergo treatment. 

Might be worth holding onto any King Charles coinage that comes into your possession if they are not going to be around for long.

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Might be worth holding onto any King Charles coinage that comes into your possession if they are not going to be around for long.

They produce them in enormous quantities so they wouldn't really be "rare" even if they stopped tomorrow, it's just that they all got hoarded nowadays by bank workers and post office cashiers who believe the clickbait articles that insist they're worth a fortune. I've not had a single one in my change, and I pay cash for most transactions (accuse me of being a luddite if you want, but I prefer it). The only ones I've got in my collection are from people specifically saving them for me.

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The banknotes would be where the biggest value is in such a scenario, given they haven't been released yet so will be even fewer in number (as well as being higher in fiat value of course).

5 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Yeah…like the Edward VIII postage stamps. Everyone hoarded them for the same reason.

The result? They are virtually worthless.

• Like 1