Jump to content
Paul Bearer

50. Captain Tom Moore

Recommended Posts

The family continue to launch products in his name:

 

E89E07C6-AF6F-4151-8778-8FC8B11B848E.thumb.jpeg.06e29975731d879d5e65288bf187b861.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The family continue to launch products in his name:

 

E89E07C6-AF6F-4151-8778-8FC8B11B848E.thumb.jpeg.06e29975731d879d5e65288bf187b861.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2021 at 01:48, Ulitzer95 said:

Apologies if already posted but this is quite fun.

 

Captain Tom Moore appearing as a contestant on Blankety Blank in 1983!

 

 

Bonus trivia, this was the last edition of the show that was presented by Wogan.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very weird to think that Tom Moore became a personality himself and was too knighted AFTER Wogan died.

Stranger still is the fact that Moore is the more widely known personality worldwide now... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Very weird to think that Tom Moore became a personality himself and has too knighted AFTER Wogan died.

Stranger still is the fact that Moore is the more widely known personality worldwide now... :rolleyes:

 

Still weird to think Wogan is dead tbh!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2021 at 15:08, The Quim Reaper said:

The family continue to launch products in his name:

 

E89E07C6-AF6F-4151-8778-8FC8B11B848E.thumb.jpeg.06e29975731d879d5e65288bf187b861.jpeg

Why would they make that thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Glomfan said:

Why would they make that thing?

That's the same thing I think about you.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His daughter was on BBC News this morning talking about how difficult it has been to cope with him not being around anymore (a reminder: he was 100, it wasn't entirely unexpected). She said the house is so quiet now (I'm assuming she's talking about the media phone calls, he was hardly the life and soul of the party) and has revealed the horrific trolling the family have endured during the past year, that she hid from him (entirely unacceptable of course) but she then finished the interview by saying something along the lines of 'and there's lots of exciting things in the pipeline that we look forward to sharing with you'. So much for him being able to rest in peace, then. :facepalm:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

His daughter was on BBC News this morning talking about how difficult it has been to cope with him not being around anymore (a reminder: he was 100, it wasn't entirely unexpected). She said the house is so quiet now (I'm assuming she's talking about the media phone calls, he was hardly the life and soul of the party) and has revealed the horrific trolling the family have endured during the past year, that she hid from him (entirely unacceptable of course) but she then finished the interview by saying something along the lines of 'and there's lots of exciting things in the pipeline that we look forward to sharing with you'. So much for him being able to rest in peace, then. :facepalm:

Would that have been his daughter of the brand development company or the other one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys did any of you notice that two of DeathList 2021’s 3 deaths were 100 year olds?

  • Angry 1
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Glomfan said:

Hey guys did any of you notice that two of DeathList 2021’s 3 deaths were 100 year olds?

Omgggggggggg shut UP JUST SHUT UP

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, time said:

Would that have been his daughter of the brand development company or the other one?

 

Hmmm... I'll give you two guesses... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting burnt today.  BBC still going apeshit over the death of a 100 year old man. 

Edited by Paul Bearer
Link removed. No idea why it didn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Getting burnt today.  BBC  still going apeshit over the death of a 100 year old man. 

 

I think your link broke!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capt Sir Tom 100: Family unveils NHS fundraiser's 'birthday challenge'

Published
12 minutes ago
Share
Captain Sir Tom MooreIMAGE COPYRIGHTPA MEDIA
image captionCaptain Sir Tom Moore, originally from Keighley near Bradford, raised almost £33m for charities supporting the NHS

The family of Captain Sir Tom Moore have encouraged people to take on their own "100" challenge on what would have been his 101st birthday weekend.

The Army veteran, who raised almost £33m for NHS charities by walking 100 laps of his Bedfordshire garden before he turned 100, died on 2 February.

People have been asked to create their own challenge around the number 100 to raise money for charity.

 

His daughter was quoted as saying 'Please support this and keep buying the merchandise to ensure I stay in the public eye.  I intend to try to get on Pointless Celebrities, Celebrity First Dates and the jungle programme before the end of the year - all to ensure his legacy is not forgotten, of course'

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use