Arsewipe

Deathlisters who are dead

1 minute ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

dave is iain/guest iain/coffinlodger/guest guest iain

Sadly, he is very much still with us. 

Read the last line in Tom Bakers voice. Brilliant.

24 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I put a fake DOB in here when I joined. I'm only in my late 20s, don't smoke, don't drink or take drugs (been there, done that on all three accounts and got so bored of it). I go to the gym 5 days a week and have a controlled diet.

My family tend to live into their late 80s–late 90s and I had one great great uncle who lived to be 104 and was one of Scotland's oldest men at the time of his passing. That's what kickstarted my interest in longevity/deadpooling.

But anyway, I'm very healthy and I imagine I'll outlive most of the other users on here but you never know what's hiding round the corner. I have been known for my erratic driving for example! :P

Ah, so you're not Owen Jones then?

:lol:

(My humblest apologies, couldn't resist...)

• Haha 2

@halleluyahjohntudor is still on the staff list of where he works, so I imagine he is still alive.

Edit - Still alive according to Wikipedia as well.  

• Thanks 1

Six, slave, to die for, random Canadian and pretty in pink are all still with us. 

• Like 1

Hein is alive, it was discovered a few pages ago.

GossipGabe probably quit because he had 666 posts, not because anything happened. Who knows what he's up to now. Maybe still here under a different alias and preparing to do it again.

Mugabe keeps resurrecting as a new black person and getting banned for being an unfunny cunt.

Prophet is very active here. He presumably logs in anonymously or something so it doesn't show that he's online.

Mad Hatter2 is indeed a well-behaved alt who was active when Mad Hatter[1] was banned a few years ago. The OG hasn't been on here much; I hope he's doing okay.

I was sleeping peacefully after the operation. Who woke me up?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TAFKAG said:

I was sleeping peacefully after the operation. Who woke me up?

All good G, just checking you werent dead :)

Bert Trautmann basically decided to retire from the forums after his DDP win in 2017, so I imagine he’s still alive, just moved on with his life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

List updated :)

It might be the case that more people, like TAFKAG, will come back and confirm they are still breathing. To state the obvious, this will take a while for us to narrow it all down or to get any info confirming which DLers are no longer with us (if any).

@Paul Bearer, is it possible to get any confirmation concerning the emails of a lot of these accounts. Are they still active? Or would that be taking things too far?

36 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

@Paul Bearer, is it possible to get any confirmation concerning the emails of a lot of these accounts. Are they still active? Or would that be taking things too far?

A bit too far. 

• Like 5

There are names on that list that are the accounts of more than one person here currently posting under another name.

50% of them could be the other accounts of just a handful of members,  we really don't know.

You will have to set your sights lower.

Here's the thing @Kenny McCormick... I joined this forum 12 years ago. At periods, I've been absent and gone away and done other stuff. That's either because I've been busy or just grown bored of the forums. In the last few years I've been consistently here and I clock in 3-4 times a day to check messages out of habit/boredom but I almost left for good at several points when I just felt rather meh about the Forums.

I imagine the vast majority of the names on your list (95+%) are alive and well. I don't think this is the type of place you'd typically find pensioners posting (even if they have come to love Facebook over the last few years). I think most members here are below the life expectancy of a western adult, even if they joined here 15-20 years ago.

On 07/08/2020 at 22:04, Ulitzer95 said:

Here's the thing @Kenny McCormick... I joined this forum 12 years ago. At periods, I've been absent and gone away and done other stuff. That's either because I've been busy or just grown bored of the forums. In the last few years I've been consistently here and I clock in 3-4 times a day to check messages out of habit/boredom but I almost left for good at several points when I just felt rather meh about the Forums.

I imagine the vast majority of the names on your list (95+%) are alive and well. I don't think this is the type of place you'd typically find pensioners posting (even if they have come to love Facebook over the last few years). I think most members here are below the life expectancy of a western adult, even if they joined here 15-20 years ago.

Fair few valid points made here. But who said they have to be pensioners?

I mean we have people in their 60s posting now. So someone posting in their 60s in 2004 could be in their 70s and 80s... Needless to be said, death can occur to anyone at any time. My thoughts are that someone could've committed suicide, I mean a forum thats all about death could be a forum of choice for someone who is unhealthily obsessed with it. Lets say if someone is depressed for example and death is all they can think about. Maybe even cancer or alcoholism etc...

I do not expect all of those in my list to be dead, this is just trial and error pretty much - narrowing things down. Maybe some day we'll see who the possible deceased <5% of the list is - although that will clearly take some doing...

I feel like the closest we can find in knowing whether someone has died or not is if they were a really active poster and suddenly quit the forums, and even that’s not a guarantee as seen with Magere Hein. Rockhopper is a perfect example of that. He used to be very active on the forums, and then suddenly right before it was announced that Rockefeller died he no longer showed up

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I feel like the closest we can find in knowing whether someone has died or not is if they were a really active poster and suddenly quit the forums, and even that’s not a guarantee as seen with Magere Hein. Rockhopper is a perfect example of that. He used to be very active on the forums, and then suddenly right before it was announced that Rockefeller died he no longer showed up

Are you suggesting that we had a 101-year-old billionaire among us, who believed a slight name change would distract attention from that?

• Haha 2

If I die, I'll leave note for a loved one to update y'all here.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Are you suggesting that we had a 101-year-old billionaire among us, who believed a slight name change would distract attention from that?

It's such a stupid 'theory' that I kinda want it to be true.

7 hours ago, markb4 said:

IF? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Prediction: in the next few years, a FFBI pick will join up on the forum and post taunting updates about how they're still alive and chemo's going well.

Kenny McCormick checking up on DDT

unnamed (1).gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, markb4 said:

A few years back when I was having a health scare, I mused aloud to Mrs Msc about the concept of dying and no one ever finding out, like we assumed had happened to Magere.

Quick as a flash, she replied: "Don't worry, I'd let your fellow loonies know..." :D

• Haha 4

I wonder if this will be bumped in 50 years time with someone asking if any of us are still alive.....

I'm not prolific enough a poster to be noticed if something did happen to me (I mostly lurk), but I had a stroke 14 years ago this coming week, at the ripe old age of... 27.  Yes, I nearly joined the 27 Club!  Luckily, I made a quick and virtually full recovery - I have some slight (barely noticeable) reduction in sensation in my left arm as the only residual deficit.

Are there any other deathlisters who've had their own brush with 'death', particularly at a relatively young age?

• Like 4