All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Drewsky1211

Kill or Save: UK No.3 Hits of the 70s

5/8/2024 38 Edwin Starr - War +2 36 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend 31 Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden 31 Don Fardon - Indian Reservation +2 28 Ashton, Gardner and Dyke - Resurrection Shuffle 26 Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come) 26 Bobby Bloom - Montego Bay 26 The Supremes - Stoned Love 25 Neil Diamond - Cracklin’ Rosie 22 Andy Williams — Can’t Help Falling In Love 18 The Four Tops - A Simple Game 12 Bobbie Gentry & Glen Campbell - All I Have To Do Is Dream 5 Chairmen of the Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time -3 0 The Elgins - Heaven Must Have Sent You -3
  3. Like, in the voting booth?
  4. Commtech Sio Bibble

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

I hate defecations, especially this close to an election, in my opinion it just shows how dissimilar the parties are politically and makes the MP seem untrustworthy. I understand that MPs can grow disillusioned with their party but resigning either as an MP or the party whip is much preferable to me.
  5. DCI Frank Burnside

All about Maximum humilation for Sunak. No long term damage likely in the broader sense of things
  6. YoungWillz

Time Added

Viv Busby, player for Luton, Fulham and Stoke among others and brief managerial spells at Hartlepool and York, reportedly dead: https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/may/08/viv-busby-1949-2024/
  7. gcreptile

Windy City Deadpool 2023-2024

Thank you all! And thanks a lot Cpt. for hosting! I guess Kirsty Smitten was the winning pick. Otherwise, the team didn't exactly feel like a winning one in the end, with the nr. 1,7 and 8 not dying. Hell, even Steve McMichael is STILL alive. But I guess I have to be glad I didn't put him or Black Bart Harris higher. Carter was a shared no. 1 by almost everybody anyway. A couple of lucky survivors worked in my favour, MariNisia had James Whale at 1st (Book had him at 6th, Perhaps at 14th)., so... thank you, too, James Whale?
  8. According to the BBC's Chris Mason, she'll be standing down at the next election. This is probably the sensible thing to do, as it limits damage to Labour, especially regarding who is the candidate for her seat. https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-politics-68975761?src_origin=BBCS_BBC
  9. MariNisia

8/May/2024 36 Edwin Starr - War +4 36 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend 31 Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden 29 Don Fardon - Indian Reservation 28 Ashton, Gardner and Dyke - Resurrection Shuffle 26 Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come) 26 Bobby Bloom - Montego Bay 26 The Supremes - Stoned Love 25 Neil Diamond - Cracklin’ Rosie 22 Andy Williams — Can’t Help Falling In Love 18 The Four Tops - A Simple Game 12 Bobbie Gentry & Glen Campbell - All I Have To Do Is Dream 08 Chairmen of the Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time 03 The Elgins - Heaven Must Have Sent You -6
  10. DCI Frank Burnside

Hmmm with that sort of Maj and the current polling
  11. time

Derby Dead Pool 2024

Oui.
  12. Commtech Sio Bibble

Kill or Save: UK No.1 Hits of the 10s

8/5/2024 55 Lady Gaga & Beyoncé — Telephone 38 Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris — We Found Love 36 Adele — Someone Like You 31 Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg — California Gurls +4 26 Professor Green ft. Emeli Sande — Read All About It 26 Kesha — We R Who We R 25 Cee Lo Green — Forget You 24 Scouting For Girls — This Ain't A Love Song 24 Owl City — Fireflies -6 24 Jessie J ft. B.O.B — Price Tag 22 B.O.B ft. Hayley Williams — Airplanes 22 One Direction — What Makes You Beautiful 22 David Guetta ft. Chris Willis — Gettin' Over You 22 Yolanda Be Cool Vs D Cup — We No Speak Americano 22 Taio Cruz — Dynamite 22 Olly Murs ft. Rizzle Kicks — Heart Skips A Beat 22 Tinie Tempah — Pass Out 22 The Black Eyed Peas — The Time (Dirty Bit) 22 Bruno Mars — Just The Way You Are 22 Tinie Tempah — Written In The Stars 21 Rihanna — Only Girl (In The World) 21 B.O.B ft. Bruno Mars — Nothin' On You 21 Iyaz — Replay 21 Bruno Mars — Grenade 21 Roll Deep — Green Light 21 Example — Changed The Way You Kiss Me 21 DJ Fresh ft. Sian Evans — Louder 21 The Wanted — Glad You Came 20 Usher ft. Will.I.Am — OMG 20 Diana Vickers — Once 20 Roll Deep — Good Times 20 Little Mix — Cannonball 20 The Wanted — All Time Low 20 Flo Rida ft. David Guetta — Club Can't Handle Me 20 Alexandra Burke ft. Laza Morgan — Start Without You 20 Rihanna ft. Drake — What's My Name 20 Nicole Scherzinger — Don't Hold Your Breath 20 Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer — Give Me Everything 20 Jason Derulo — Don't Wanna Go Home 20 JLS ft. Dev — She Makes Me Wanna 20 Nero — Promises 20 Wretch 32 ft. Josh Kumra — Don't Go 20 Example — Stay Awake 20 Pixie Lott — All About Tonight 20 Olly Murs — Dance With Me Tonight 19 LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock — Party Rock Anthem  17 Olly Murs — Please Don't Let Me Go 16 Jason Derulo — In My Head 16 Dizzee Rascal — Dirtee Disco 14 Sak Noel — Loca People 14 Bruno Mars — The Lazy Song 14 Matt Cardle — When We Collide 14 JLS — Love You More 14 Cheryl Cole — Promise This 13 Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull — On The Floor 10 Ne-Yo — Beautiful Monster
  13. Steve

Congratulations to @gcreptile for your victory and also congrats to @Perhaps and @Book for securing your places on the podium
  14. Monty Panesar withdraws as Workers Party candidate...
  15. Ulitzer95

British Character Actors

Haydn Gwynne, who portrayed Camilla in The Windsors, died in October 2023, just a month after a cancer diagnosis. Olivia Williams played Camilla in The Crown. Conspiracy theories appearing online in 3, 2, 1... Edit: Important to note however that Williams was diagnosed in 2018. It doesn't appear that she's in any immediate trouble.
  16. Book

Congratulations to gcreptile! And many thanks for running this game, CaptainChorizo!
  17. CaptainChorizo

April Hits Juan Vincente Perez Lynne Reid Banks Josip Manolic Whitey Herzog Karl Erskine Frank Field(missed the last 7 days bonus by a day) *Kirsty Smitten who died last Oct delivers a 100 point bonus to Reptile as the youngest death of the game. Final Scoreboard? Winner -GCReptile-2,860 Runner Up-Perhaps-2,746 3rd Book-2,535 4th-Marinisia-2,466 5th-Banana-2,385 6th-drol-2,380 Tied 7th -MortalCaso-2,355 Tied 7th -diego-2,355 9th-BuffaloPhil-2,321 10th-torvamassor-2,320 11th-Funeralopolis-2,295 12th-GrimUpNorth- 2201 13th-Spinosaurus-2,115 14th-Hell-2,021 15th-JoeyRuss-1,976 16th-RadGuy-1,900 17th-wannamaker-1,886 18th-TheUnknownMan-1,860 19th-CaptainChorizo-1,846 20th-SummerInTransylvania-1,770 21st-theoldlady-1,625 22nd-Msc-1,570 23rd-ThereWillBeDeaths7-1,521 Tied 24th-DeathBecomesThem-1,470 Tied 24th -toast-1,470 26th-GreatUncleBulgaria-1,450 27st-Commtech Sio Bibbl e -1,395 28th-LizLemon-1,360 29th-Bibliogryphon-1,315 30th-CaptainHemlock-1,150 31st-LadyFiona-1,140 32nd-Grimgrass-866 33rdFamous6Eva-860 34thwormfarmer-786 35th YorkshireBanker-540 36th tharghton -445 37th-JoeMoneyPenny-180 38th Gooseberry Crumble-120 Congrats Reptile Impressive win (especially with Jimmy Carter in pole position, AFIK I believe you are the only winner able to net such a high tally even without that) . You now become the 5th person to join the Winners Club of the Windy City Deadpool Also tip of the hat to last years winner Perhaps who still held onto a podium spot with Silver And tip of the hat to Book who returns to a Podium spot after finishing runner up in the inaugural edition of the game Will allow any amendments to the final scoreboard in the next few days in case I missed any hits in btwn the previous update and April 30
  18. DCI Frank Burnside

Someone's had a word with Monty then it would seem
  19. Today
  20. gcreptile

Celebrity Auctioneers

Theo Burrell will be abseiling for charity soon: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/27790247/antiques-roadshow-terminal-cancer-update-theo-burrell/ Her regular scans have shown no cancer regrowth so far.
  21. Death Impends

5/8/2024 36 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend 32 Edwin Starr - War 31 Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden +4 29 Don Fardon - Indian Reservation 28 Ashton, Gardner and Dyke - Resurrection Shuffle 26 Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come) 26 Bobby Bloom - Montego Bay  26 The Supremes - Stoned Love 25 Neil Diamond - Cracklin’ Rosie 22 Andy Williams — Can’t Help Falling In Love -6 18 The Four Tops - A Simple Game  12 Bobbie Gentry & Glen Campbell - All I Have To Do Is Dream  09 The Elgins - Heaven Must Have Sent You 08 Chairmen of the Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
  22. Tory MP Natalie Elphicke has defected to Labour. She has been MP for Dover since 2019, having taken over from her husband Charlie after his sexual misconduct charges. She sold the story of their subsequent divorce to The Sun for £25k. Her voting record is as shitty as you'd expect from a Tory and she spends her time on the coast shouting at dinghies. This looks bad for both the PM and the Labour Party equally. At least Labour have clarified that she will not be a candidate of theirs in the upcoming General Election. I guess she's standing down, then. No great loss.
  23. The Old Crem

Wow. Didn’t put her down as possible defector at all
  24. gcreptile

British Character Actors

Maybe I missed it, but we never posted the cancer diagnosis of actress Olivia Williams: https://www.vogue.co.uk/arts-and-lifestyle/article/olivia-williams-pancreatic-cancer https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivia_Williams Well, she recently revealed that it's "rare" pancreatic cancer that she still has, and that is being managed (maybe the neuroendocrine variant?): https://uk.news.yahoo.com/olivia-williams-cancer-not-cured-060000013.html Edit: Ok, Wikipedia says it's a VIPoma, i.e. yes, an endocrine cancer.
  25. sadgirldreaming93

Curse Of The Eurovision

Ireland and the UK had the two worst entries by far. Both performers also happen to be extremely unlikable.
  26. Spade_Cooley

Union People

Another "last ever public appearance" from Jane McAlevey, seemingly her fourth of the past month, this time speaking to the Organizing 4 Power conference via Teams or Skype or something. Looks surprisingly good for someone on their deathbed tbh.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use