Grim Reaper

Frank Bough

"Frank Bough, TV Presenter"

Is really the best description of the the horizontal superstar that the New Statesman described as having "once survived a sex scandal involving prostitutes, drugs and sadomasochism"?

"Frank Bough, TV Presenter"

Is really the best description of the the horizontal superstar that the New Statesman described as having "once survived a sex scandal involving prostitutes, drugs and sadomasochism"?

We can add to it that he shares a birthday with Frank Thornton of Are you Being (Per)served fame. Both born January 15, Thornton is 12 years older than Bough. Both are British They both have known on a name basis a man named George.

I had never heard of Bough before which is strange becuase usually sex scandals from anywhere make headlines in the U.S.

I've just remebered the time he was snuffling for truffles on Shooting Stars.

"Mmm...Nice, nice!"

Totally absurd but very funny...

I've been having a look into the wonderful world of Bough. Not strictly relevent, but he was on this

. I assume he's the one at the end, summarising, 'that is the jumping on the eggs?'. Quiet pretty. I can only think it was one of his ideas. All those drugs and that.

I've been having a look into the wonderful world of Bough. Not strictly relevent, but he was on this
. I assume he's the one at the end, summarising, 'that is the jumping on the eggs?'. Quiet pretty. I can only think it was one of his ideas. All those drugs and that.

He crops up in this

clip, his is the 4th one

I'm trying to find a clip with him wearing one of his many sweaters which prompted either Viz or Zit comic to create a strip called "The Psychedelic World of Frank Bough"

Also

. A few names here to ponder in fact.

Can we not have Frank's subtitle as 'Heading for a Grandstand finish?'

Many a good childhood memory of Saturday afternoon's spent with the balding genius....

Cheers

DG?

Kick the Bucket 2009 CHAMPION

Urr Why is this guy on the list?

He could spontaneously combust, or be hunted down and eaten by wolves, or even get Tasared to death during a tense stand off with police. You need to adopt a bit of blue sky thinking every now and again when it comes to the deathlist.

Urr Why do you insist on coming back?

He's 77, eight years into his second liver (losing the first one to cancer), and known as a unlikely coke-head in the past. I mean, there are few certainties and Bough has led a way healthier life than the likes of David Crosby, but there's mileage on that body now.

He's 77, eight years into his second liver (losing the first one to cancer), and known as a unlikely coke-head in the past. I mean, there are few certainties and Bough has led a way healthier life than the likes of David Crosby, but there's mileage on that body now.

Don't know about the coke, but having a new liver is not that much of an indication for an imminent death:

According to the U.S. Transplant site, the adult and pediatric liver transplant one-year survival rate is about 85 percent. The percentage drops to 60 percent if the patient is critically ill at the time of transplantation. The survival rate for adult and pediatric liver transplant at five years is about 80 percent. It is impossible to say what the exact life expectancy is for each individual patient. But a patient has a high survival rate when compliant with medication and follow-up care.

I'm not complaining about picking Frank Bough, though, bro. We need a couple of surprises on the list. I was just hoping we'd had Gary Coleman or the Britanny Murphy fellow...

Frank's son Andy was a 'phone a friend' on last night's Who Wants To be A Millionaire (I wasn't really watching it, just on in the background, honest). Chris Tarrant asked how his dad was, to which he replied 'very well' or summat similar.

Mind you, it could well have been recorded in March and he could have taken a turn for the worse since.

Its on ITV player if anyone is sufficiently interested.

Frank's son Andy was a 'phone a friend' on last night's Who Wants To be A Millionaire (I wasn't really watching it, just on in the background, honest). Chris Tarrant asked how his dad was, to which he replied 'very well' or summat similar.

Mind you, it could well have been recorded in March and he could have taken a turn for the worse since.

I think Id rather stick knitting needles into my eyes.

I do like old Frank, a dirty old sod in the best traditions of dirty old sods.

Unlike todays "stars" who spit roast 19 year olds with their mates and get found out double quick, Frankie must have been indulging in all sorts of naughtiness for eons before he got found out.

I suppose now, he can barely get it up enough not to piss on his feet while standing at the bog.

Poor Frankie.

I think Id rather stick knitting needles into my eyes.

I do like old Frank, a dirty old sod in the best traditions of dirty old sods.

Unlike todays "stars" who spit roast 19 year olds with their mates and get found out double quick, Frankie must have been indulging in all sorts of naughtiness for eons before he got found out.

I suppose now, he can barely get it up enough not to piss on his feet while standing at the bog.

Poor Frankie.

BBC presenters seem to go for ever -

apart from Frank Bough, there's David Coleman & a host of former radio presenters such as Roddie Forsythe & Stuart Hall.

Guest MSC
I notice that the Death List is the #2 google result for "Frank Bough", is this a record?

Also makes the lack of angry googlers turning up here somewhat more annoying.

Angry googler....no, not really.

Bough has done sod all in years and has no health updates at all. Most people who see the Google Results probably momentarily think "Yeah, ok, he's still alive, he's on the Deathlist" and move on if they even google for him at all (and most who do are probably out of "I wonder if he's still alive" curiosities, which this swiftly proves to be the case at least for now).

Guest Angry Googler
I notice that the Death List is the #2 google result for "Frank Bough", is this a record?

Also makes the lack of angry googlers turning up here somewhat more annoying.

This bloke's been in the top 3 for years and a former #1.

22 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

86 today! :birthday:

You woke up a 9 year old thread to tell us it was his birthday? Is he ill? 

Just now, Paul Bearer said:

No, I guess just fucking nobody is dying.

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

That’s YoungWillz M.O., nothing new.

• Like 1

My friend is related to Bough. Says he’s doing “fine”.