Octopus of Odstock

The grand Old Duke of Kent

image.thumb.png.9350017ca541c3228a16d012e23216af.png

In the fifteen years I've been here, I've started only eight topics about individuals. All eight - Ian Smith, Ray Bradbury, Bulent Ecevit, Patrick Allen, Phil Hill, Floyd Patterson, Alfredo Stroessner and Juan Antonio Samaranch are dead. 

Yay me! 

So, it's high time for number nine. The Duke of Kent. He looks like shite.  Evidence provided. 

Link from Daily Express (sorry) shows how gaunt he is. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1359308/Duke-of-Kent-title-prince-edward-son-George-Windsor-line-of-succession-EVG/amp

I am sure this thread will reverberate with all your Duke of Kent stories and anecdotes! 

I think he should be picked for DL 2021. That is all. 

• Like 3

Good idea. Here's a picture from Remembrance Sunday which will get 2 replies forecasting doom from Sean! :D

Duke-of-Kent-title-latest-news-royal-tit

• Haha 1

Man, I never even knew we like HAD a duke, I ain’t never seen him in Canterbury or Ashford or nothing. I thought we was an autonomous collective to be honest. And so I heard he even lives in London, right, but he’s our boss? That is some shit, the lazy old fucker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think he will have a race to the finish with his Old Lady who hasn't really been seen out much so it is harder to judge.

• Like 1

In three weeks time you will need to change the title to The grand old Duke of a lorry park 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I guess this is a good spot to mention that video again:

I gave him about 2-3 years in the "Royal Family" thread. Might have to reduce that to 1-2 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Attending Prince P's funeral so we can do form watching. If I've read the guest list correctly, Duchess of Kent is NOT going. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Attending Prince P's funeral so we can do form watching. If I've read the guest list correctly, Duchess of Kent is NOT going. 

Wouldn't necessarily read too much into that. Duke of Gloucester is going as well but his wife isn't.  

15 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Wouldn't necessarily read too much into that. Duke of Gloucester is going as well but his wife isn't.  

Neither is Prince Michael of Kent which is far more surprising than his wife not going. Once the Queen remarked that Proncess Michael was "more royal than us".

• Like 1

He'll reach 80 years as Duke of Kent in August 2022 if he's still alive.

While I'm here, do any of you know who are the young man behind the Duke of Kent in this photo ? asking for a friend :wub:

Duke-of-Kent-children-LATEST-news-prince-edward-duchess-of-kent-news-queen-prince-edward-news-royal-family-titles-news-2762447.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

While I'm here, do any of you know who are the young man behind the Duke of Kent in this photo ? asking for a friend :wub:

Duke-of-Kent-children-LATEST-news-prince-edward-duchess-of-kent-news-queen-prince-edward-news-royal-family-titles-news-2762447.jpg

He operates him with a system of pulleys and wires. That his why he is looking so worried the wire keeping the head upright has snapped

• Haha 6

I may be wrong but I think it's Alexander Ogilvy, grandson of Princess Alexandra.

The older chap is Lord Nicholas Windsor, younger son of the Duke of Kent.  (I think)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Toast said:

I may be wrong but I think it's Alexander Ogilvy, grandson of Princess Alexandra.

The older chap is Lord Nicholas Windsor, younger son of the Duke of Kent.  (I think)

He does look like him, thanks a lot ! He’s quite... beautiful (especially compared to the Grand old Duke in front of him !)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

He does look like him, thanks a lot ! He’s quite... beautiful (especially compared to the Grand old Duke in front of him !)

Yes, it's a pity the Duke didn't inherit the good looks of his parents.  Princess Alexandra is beautiful.  I don't really know what Prince Michael looks like as he hides behind that bushy beard :D

Didn't see him at DoE's funeral, or he wasn't shown on television.

He did attend it though?

4 minutes ago, arghton said:

Didn't see him at DoE's funeral, or he wasn't shown on television.

He did attend it though?

With the caveat that I didn't watch from the start of the coverage, I didn't see the Duke of Kent, the Duke of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra, Penny, the Germans, or Lady Sarah & Daniel Chatto.

2 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Looks...unremarkable. Just a standard old bloke with his trousers up to his tits. Probably still has a few years left in him

These bloody masks make Deadpool form studying a fair bit harder.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2021 at 13:16, Toast said:

Yes, it's a pity the Duke didn't inherit the good looks of his parents.  Princess Alexandra is beautiful.  I don't really know what Prince Michael looks like as he hides behind that bushy beard :D

The Dukes  father the previous  Duke of Kent was absolutely  beautiful and smouldering  sexy. Lots of rumours about his sexual  appetite  back in the day before he married Princess Marina! 

Movie star good looks he had.

The Dukes Granddaughter Lady Amelia Windsor is the most beautiful of the family in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2021 at 11:14, Lafaucheuse said:

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/meet-the-hottest-royal-youve-never-heard-of-045859319.html

Lots of better more flattering photos of Alexander Ogilvy,  son of James Ogilvy and grandson of Princess Alexandra on this link for you to enjoy!

A few years back he dated one of the grandaughters of  Ethel  Kennedy and daughter of New York  State Governor  Cuomo. 

• Like 1