Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to confound sceptics and be its most powerful yet like a super strong enema in 2024 moreso than recent years equalling or even beating 2020

2 hours ago, polar duck said:

Jimmy Carter can't last more than a few weeks. He spends most of his time sleeping and his anniversary with Rosalynn is coming up. He'll either go in the next week or in the first week of July.

Noam Chomsky was probably sent home to die. Like Carter, he's at high risk of dying in the next week. However, I could also see him reaching August, but not long enough to see his supporters pounce on the DNC.

Aside from that, Fritzl, Bugner, and Redgrave are the first who come to mind.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, polar duck said:

Jimmy Carter can't last more than a few weeks. He spends most of his time sleeping and his anniversary with Rosalynn is coming up. He'll either go in the next week or in the first week of July.

You just added like 5 months to his lifespan 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

You just added like 5 months to his lifespan  

I know the place we are in. However, providing it doesn't mean ridiculous pain for the recipient, this is a bad thing?

• Facepalm 1

6 months with no hit - I’ve not known a time like it!

The 3 that came in quick succession at the beginning of the year were fortunate not to have occurred just 8 days earlier rendering 2024 with nothing to show for……

• Like 3

On 30/12/2023 at 20:38, Death Impends said:

My boring 2024 prediction will be a 1928 collapse. Given that 1928 babies are turning 96 next year, the amount left that are on the DL (Kennedy, Morris, Le Pen), previously on/must return to the DL (Chomsky), or potentially DL-y (Lovell, Watson, Lehrer, Dr. Ruth, Marion Ross, etc) is pretty impressive, and feels like a bubble about to burst.

This prediction hasn't had much legs so far, with Dr. Ruth the first mentioned above to die. But that could easily be the breaking of the dam.

• Like 2

The grim reaper took a 6 month long nap and now he had to cram everything into the 2nd half of the year. I think August—December will be packed with celebrity deaths, but overall the list will only be at 5/50 by the end of year. 2025 will be very similar to 2023, where most people don't expect that much out of the DL, and yet it manages to almost match the 2020 record. For me there's a possibility that 2026 will break the high score.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

The DL drought is crazy given the surviving names. Imo when the dam breaks it's going to be like 2022 on steroids.

• Like 1

Worst. Year. Ever