Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

28 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

One for the main list in time. Controversial household name political figure feels prefect for the death-list. 

They used to call him red ken where I grew up.

My Grandfather always said about unattractive  women "You wouldn't even touch her with Ken Livinstone's ".

• Haha 1

Thomas Pynchon will be 87 next year.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2023 at 13:22, The Red Death said:

Even you forgot Michael Bloomberg and Michael Palin.

Michael Bloomberg describes his retirement plans, in 3-5 years - jinxing himself?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12548437/Michael-Bloomberg-lays-succession-plan-Billionaire-ex-NYC-Mayor-81-plans-retire-three-five-years-leave-company-charity-dies-sold.html

7th richest person right now, about to overtake Bill Gates.

• Like 2

From the Justin Yerbury school of researchers researching their illness, cancer expert Richard Scolyer is undergoing pioneering treatment for his incurable brain cancer:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-20/melanoma-richard-scolyer-georgina-long-early-results/102879818

Two recipients of the swedish Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award are in their 90’s

- brasilian Lygia Bojunga Nunes (wiki), born 1932 : recipient in 2004

- USA Katherine Paterson (wiki), born 1932 : recipient in 2006

How about Dabney ("9 to 5") Coleman? Just passes the fame test I reckon, and turns 92 in January.

And if you buggers don't pick Roger Corman and Neil Harvey next year, you never will. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

And if you buggers don't pick Roger Corman next year, you never will. 

Corman's not going anytime soon

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

How about Dabney ("9 to 5") Coleman? Just passes the fame test I reckon, and turns 92 in January.

And if you buggers don't pick Roger Corman and Neil Harvey next year, you never will. 

Cloak & Dagger was one of my favourite films as a kid.  I have lost count how many times I have watched it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Just watched his murdering turn in Columbo.

He's actually quite comedic in some of the scenes in that.

Idea for 2024 : the son of De Gaulle, Philippe.

He will turn 102 in december.

24 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Just watched his murdering turn in Columbo.

He's actually quite comedic in some of the scenes in that.

Dabney? Good fun in it, sadly the story is one of the weak 90s stories. They cast Shera Danese as the co -villain, she must have been sleeping with someone to get that role. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello,

Probably already commented....

Life expectancy of a 90 year old man is 4 years 2 months.  So if the whole Death List were 90, on average there will be 12 deaths.

If all the Death List were 94, life expectancy is 3 years, on average 17 deaths.  Statistically, choose age over fame.

A man who is 90 has 25% of reaching 97, therefore some names keep on appearing but one day the committee will win.

• Facepalm 2

Anyone know anything about the current health of former racing driver/voice actor (Cars 2), David Hobbs? One for 2024?

Robert Solow will be 100 next year.

4 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Anyone know anything about the current health of former racing driver/voice actor (Cars 2), David Hobbs? One for 2024?

He's still generally pretty active and involved in the motorsport world and appeared on a podcast interview with Justin Bell (ex racer and Derek Bell's son) last year. Seemed very well and was very sharp through the interview. Also posts quite often on his Twitter and the account is fully operated by him, so I'm assuming there's nothing major going on. Anyway I don't think he needs to be considered in 2024.

In fact I can't think of any Formula 1 drivers right now at the moment that come off as immediate DL potential, the ones who were in the last 1-2 years have already passed away (Brooks, McAlpine, Reutemann, Jabouille, Tambay etc.).

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

He's still generally pretty active and involved in the motorsport world and appeared on a podcast interview with Justin Bell (ex racer and Derek Bell's son) last year. Seemed very well and was very sharp through the interview. Also posts quite often on his Twitter and the account is fully operated by him, so I'm assuming there's nothing major going on. Anyway I don't think he needs to be considered in 2024.

In fact I can't think of any Formula 1 drivers right now at the moment that come off as immediate DL potential, the ones who were in the last 1-2 years have already passed away (Brooks, McAlpine, Reutemann, Jabouille, Tambay etc.).

Yes, Michael Caine will probably be the first Cars 2 cast member to croak. Vanessa Redgrave (Mama Topolino) and Paul Dooley (Sarge) are seemingly doing fine as well.

Michael Wallis (Sheriff) claimed last April he is "battling some incredible, very serious health issues, nothing really life threatening." https://www.tulsapeople.com/city-desk/legends-michael-wallis/article_13e12cce-e44b-11ed-ac94-232a44f9a38c.html

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Maybe for 2029. He's fine.

On 17/08/2023 at 12:51, The Old Crem said:

On 07/09/2023 at 13:03, polar duck said:

Bruce Springsteen cancels even more tour dates while being treated for peptic ulcer disease.

Bruce Springsteen cancels all 2023 tour dates

• Shocked 2

On 07/07/2023 at 02:18, TheCombustibleSupreme said:

ok time to prepare my list for 2024

18. Christopher Lloyd (actor)

Christopher Lloyd seems fine. He has a part in the Busted concert via video skit at start and end and looks active as ever dressed up as Doc Brown.

• Like 1