Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

31 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Been looking in Youtube recently and Sir John still looks very gaunt and seems to be speaking from home a lot.

Definitely something up, I'd say.

Still travels a lot but is 70 and a notorious insomniac. If he is ill he's not letting folk know. I've mentioned the gaunt TV look to his friends.

17 minutes ago, msc said:

Still travels a lot but is 70 and a notorious insomniac. If he is ill he's not letting folk know. I've mentioned the gaunt TV look to his friends.

One thinks of previous eras when familiar faces on election night fail to reach the start line for the next one. Richard Dimbleby died a few months shy of the 1966 election and swingometer king Robert Mackenzie died between the 79 and 83 elections.

3 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

One thinks of previous eras when familiar faces on election night fail to reach the start line for the next one. Richard Dimbleby died a few months shy of the 1966 election and swingometer king Robert Mackenzie died between the 79 and 83 elections.

Going back a bit but mum referenced how ill she thought Vincent Hanna looked around the 1997 election and was very sad when he died a few months later.

25 minutes ago, msc said:

Going back a bit but mum referenced how ill she thought Vincent Hanna looked around the 1997 election and was very sad when he died a few months later.

So was I. A huge loss to political discourse in the New Labour era.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SovietJohnny said:

Jim Lovell….Apollo 8 fame …..96 next year

2 years older than Buzz Aldrin

And eight days more alive than his commander on Apollo 8!

• Thanks 1

On 02/07/2023 at 13:43, The Immortal said:

Because there is no thread for Vietnam war vets yet (surprisingly) and the Medal of Honor recipients I'm mentioning here right now all served in Vietnam and not Korea, I have to give the update here.

So Roger Donlon being the immortal that he is, attended another event just last month and I found a short video clip of him at that event. His Parkinson's looks to be worse than ever, hands constantly trembling through the video and it seems like he's barely able to move and talk at this point. I also managed to find somewhere that recipient Jose Rodela is now frail and suffering from dementia and heart disease so you might want keep an eye out there. Clarence Sasser has become frailer too and isn't able to walk without mobility aids.

Roger Donlon went into hospice in August but...well enough to attend a veterans day parade last week.

Browsing around that site there's also a mention of John J. Duffy having been in ICU following a stroke in March.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2023 at 11:34, Dead Wait said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/tv-news/21208656/paul-burrell-prostate-cancer-lorraine/

Paul Burrell one to watch - prostate cancer diagnosis

Paul Burrell has been given the all-clear:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-emotional-paul-burrell-gives-31451763

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arghton said:

Roger Donlon went into hospice in August but...well enough to attend a veterans day parade last week.

Browsing around that site there's also a mention of John J. Duffy having been in ICU following a stroke in March.

Roger Donlon is immortal, doesn't surprise me that he got out of hospice (and has seemingly recovered from whatever brought him there in the first place) and is back attending events again. 

Let's see if Jimmy Carter decides to take some inspiration here.

What about Jane Fonda? 
I know her cancer is in remission however; could come back stronger!

Ted Turner would be good too. Was Diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia in 2018.

John Simpson looks rough as shit on BBC News right now. Eighty next August if he makes it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

From the "celebrities sell their houses when they're about to die" prognostic tactic, Jim Davidson just sold his Stockbridge property for £1.5m.

Sadly, it was announced back in August, he's moving to Hamble. This report says it was bought in his wife (now ex-wife)'s name, so that may be he reason.

• Sad 1

One to keep an eye on

Lead singer of Aussie band Rose Tattoo 'Angry' Anderson.  He is 76 now, a former addict (I can't read the article to see what he was addicted to) and his son died after being attacked in a park in 2018.  He is looking his age in this pictue from 2022

AA.jpg

1 minute ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

One to keep an eye on

Lead singer of Aussie band Rose Tattoo 'Angry' Anderson.  He is 76 now, a former addict (I can't read the article to see what he was addicted to) and his son died after being attacked in a park in 2018.  He is looking his age in this pictue from 2022

AA.jpg

Shush!

He's available to me once and once only for my TOTP theme team next year!

(I think he looks great! ;):P)

• Haha 1

Ok, time to add new ideas for 2024

1. Alan Bennett (90, actor)

2. Buzz Aldrin (94, astronaut)

3. Lee Meriwether (89, actress)

4. Vladimir Putin (72, russian president)

5. Bruce Willis (69, actor)

6. Scott Glenn (83, actor)

7. June Squibb (95, actress)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trome said:

Ok, time to add new ideas for 2024

1. Alan Bennett (90, actor)

2. Buzz Aldrin (94, astronaut)

3. Lee Meriwether (89, actress)

4. Vladimir Putin (72, russian president)

5. Bruce Willis (69, actor)

6. Scott Glenn (83, actor)

7. June Squibb (95, actress)

Why Putin? 

21 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Shush!

He's available to me once and once only for my TOTP theme team next year!

(I think he looks great! ;):P)

He might go suddenly

• Haha 2

I'm a little surprised that nobody has David Milch, 78, in their DDP team. Diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2015, living in assisted-living facility since 2019, guaranteed obit. Former heroin user too, just for good measure.

Couple of names for suggestion

Jonny Irwin

David Jason (had a fall recently)

Ray Reardon (in his 90s)

25 minutes ago, Toggsy said:

Couple of names for suggestion

Jonny Irwin

David Jason (had a fall recently)

Ray Reardon (in his 90s)

That’s random. Love that. 

• Like 1

Five from GB: June Spencer, Pete Murray, Gerald Harper (Adam Adamant), Joan Plowright (Lady Olivier), Lady Pamela Hicks.

Five from ouside GB: Harrison Tyler, Ethel Kennedy, Jerry Hardin, Gilbert Melville Grosvenor, Philippe de Gaulle.

• Like 1