gcreptile

Dianne Feinstein

New York Times.

Died yesterday after "years of frail health and memory issues".

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, drol said:

New York Times.

Died yesterday after "years of frail health and memory issues".

That’s quite the understatement.

Well at least RBG now has a friend to keep her company in the 9th circle.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

For those people in the Ideas & Possibilities forum who were saying that she isn't famous enough, even I'm a tad confused by the BBC breaking news notification.

Le Monde breaking News in France too which surprised me since Le Monde doesn’t report much of the US politician passing

• Like 2

Sure to be my shitpost-iest DDP obit since Napoleon XIV. Coincidentally they were the last two survivors of the Battle of Waterloo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

For those people in the Ideas & Possibilities forum who were saying that she isn't famous enough, even I'm a tad confused by the BBC breaking news notification.

She was always famous enough.Arguing she wasn't I always thought was a silly argument.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Le Monde breaking News in France too which surprised me since Le Monde doesn’t report much of the US politician passing

Longest  current serving Democrat Senator (until yesterday) .She would have been pro tempirw of the senate and in line for the presidency if she hadn't been so ill.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sean said:

Longest  currents erving Democrat Senator (until today) .She would have been pro tempirw of the senate and in line for the presidency if she hadn't been so ill.

True, I mean 90 years old, that's about the going rate for a president.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Sean said:

Longest  currents erving Democrat Senator (until today) .She would have been pro tempirw of the senate and in line for the presidency if she hadn't been so ill.

Longest serving California Senator; longest serving female Senator.

Thankfully they replaced her with Patty Murray for pro tempore, but she shouldn't have gotten a committee seat, let alone an important one (judiciary).

• Like 4

I never looked at her the same after watching the Night Stalker documentary. Her actions were selfish and contributed to the delay in him being caught. Maybe that same attitude caused her not to retire.

however... she was an political icon, especially for the San Fran community during the 70’s/ Harvey Milk era. RIP!

• Like 4

RIP Dianne Feinstein, you were old enough to find the bodies of Harvey Milk and George Moscone, and old enough to appeal to the neo-confederate wing of the democratic party.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Apparently she was still able to vote at the Congress yesterday morning. Must have been sudden.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Apparently she was still able to vote at the Congress yesterday morning. Must have been sudden.

Sometimes, people aged 90 in failing health just don't wake up one day. 

A titan in her day, but as with so many, she stayed too long. RIP, Senator Feinstein.

• Like 3

Crazy timing. Right before the government shutdown, the 1st day of Biden impeachment hearings, and just over a year before elections to replace her. It also means that the Governor of California just got some extreme pressure. 

She should have stepped down a long time ago. Similar to RBG, her years of service is tainted by inability to give up power. 

• Like 3

About time for her to cash out- she was just keeping the seat warm for a long time- not even that, since she hasn't been showing up for work, and a lot of people wanted her to retire and get somebody in who is younger, more energetic, and capable. I really thought she would go next year- but she has surprised us all!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sean said:

Longest  current serving Democrat Senator (until yesterday) .She would have been pro tempirw of the senate and in line for the presidency if she hadn't been so ill.

I would be really upset if she had ever run for President, she would have been terrible-  

• Like 1

Chuck grassley now the oldest senator at 90 years 12 days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chiesa52 said:

I would be really upset if she had ever run for President, she would have been terrible-  

What Sean means though is that the President Pro Tempore of the Senate is 4th in line to the Presidency after the VP and Speaker of the House of Representatives.

• Like 1

Well, looks like I’m going to be put on the government watch list.. damn.

• Like 1

IMG_2735.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4