Did he actually say that? Because, if he did, sounds like Gideon and his old mate Call Me Dave want different sides to win...

(And yes, I know the right-hand man of the fuckwit who called the referendum is in no place to talk about Brexit).

Is National Service 2.0 going to be Rishi's version of May's dementia tax? The one policy people can remember and it's half-baked and massively unpopular.

• Like 1

Tell you what, there’s been such a shift in mood wherever you look. The centre and the left are no longer angry; more hopeful and optimistic. It’s raining dummies, though, from all those the right-wingers are spitting out. We genuinely appear to have a positive vs negative election. Couple that with the moon-howlingly mad policies like National Service and there’s a serious possibility of the election working out as seismic as the polls suggest; like, existentially bad for the Tories.

Not even Crem can bring the mood down at this point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Outgoing Tory MP for Telford Lucy Allan has been suspended for backing the Reform candidate in her constituency.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TQR said:

Outgoing Tory MP for Telford Lucy Allan has been suspended for backing the Reform candidate in her constituency.

She claims she has left the party.

Typical "you can't sack me, I've resigned" line.

CCHQ taking the piss - she's essentially gone rogue and ditched the party she represented.

51 minutes ago, TQR said:

Tell you what, there’s been such a shift in mood wherever you look. The centre and the left are no longer angry; more hopeful and optimistic. It’s raining dummies, though, from all those the right-wingers are spitting out. We genuinely appear to have a positive vs negative election. Couple that with the moon-howlingly mad policies like National Service and there’s a serious possibility of the election working out as seismic as the polls suggest; like, existentially bad for the Tories.

Not even Crem can bring the mood down at this point.

I'm refusing to get my hopes up too high. Of course I have those wild moments where I consider the Tories on 100 seats or less but there's been so many times I've believed they can't possibly win again only to be stunned when the exit poll comes out. It looks impossible, but the ability of the British public to royally screw themselves over never ceases to amaze me. I'll breathe easier once we get to 10pm on July 4th and John Curtice delivers his verdict.

• Like 1

I know - just heard from friend as follows:

"We’re away for the election - might swerve the voting as not got a clue who to vote for - they’re all the bloody same."

I've told her what they need to do, but sadly this attitude will be quite common.  Not enough people realise how egregiously dishonest and corrupt this particular government has been.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Toast said:

"We’re away for the election - might swerve the voting as not got a clue who to vote for - they’re all the bloody same."

I've told her what they need to do, but sadly this attitude will be quite common.  Not enough people realise how egregiously dishonest and corrupt this particular government has been.

I'm not seeing anything like as much voter apathy as I remember seeing in 2019. All I'm seeing is a positive, hopeful campaign one side and lots of anger and flapping around on the other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

The "They are all the same narrative only favours the Tories"

Labour are not great but we cannot afford another five years of Conservative rule

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

At least he didn't flatten a kid unlike one of his predecessors I suppose.....

So, he's at Amersham Town, and - therefore - nicking from Starmer's playbook that loves to take in lower league football grounds. Does anyone ever check with the supporters of these teams if they're okay with it?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, he's at Amersham Town, and - therefore - nicking from Starmer's playbook that loves to take in lower league football grounds. Does anyone ever check with the supporters of these teams if they're okay with it?

I said this watching the News at 6. Interviewed in a football stand, where on earth did he get the idea? And he claims Starmer has no ideas! 

59 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Labour's poll lead may be overstated according to Lord Hayward..

He would say that, wouldn't he?

I am terrified of this, but I can't see how they could get it this wrong. And, since 2010, I implicitly trust John Curtice. His track record is impeccable. Ever since he told Paddy Ashdown that the Lib Dems were going to lose seats after Cleggmania, he's got all the big calls right, including a small Tory majority in 2015 and the loss of that majority in 2017.

I've often considered that the right, i.e. Tory and potential Tory voters are more apt to lie about it than the left, which would in turn show as a bias in polls based on what people say they'll do.

It's hardly a leap to imagine people saying they will vote for the good of all, but secretly ticking a box where they think they'll personally pay a few less % in tax or some other clearly selfish objective like less money for state schools or hospitals when they use private.

Of course the politicians also smudge these issues if they think it'll lose votes. They pretty much always try to spin it as spending more yet collecting less (or not as much more as feared) in some way. It's politics....

Hardly rocket science I know :rolleyes:.

And yet despite this fear the polls are normally pretty close.

Mind, Brexit was a bit of a shock to a lot really :facepalm:.

Maybe I'm completely wrong of course. A lot of people have put a lot of effort into these predictions. Far more than my random crem-like meanderings.

• Like 2

So now Sunak is bribing the pensioners, saying their state pension will never be taxed.

And this couple of billion pledge will be paid for by cracking down on tax avoidance.

Wait - he's just starting to crack down on tax avoidance? Has anyone told Nadim Zahawi? What about his missus? Or most of his party?

This is the guy who said he was abolishing non-dom, then gave a get out of jail free card by transitioning it in. This is the guy who imposed a windfall tax on energy companies, then gave them so many loopholes to jump through, the biggest companies pay virtually no additional tax through that scheme. This is the guy who said he got international co-operation on global companies' tax, then hiked all the indirect taxes he could find.

So he's not paying for it that way, I'm guessing. He'll make all of us pay for it.

More quacking from this dying duck.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

So now Sunak is bribing the pensioners, saying their state pension will never be taxed.

And this couple of billion pledge will be paid for by cracking down on tax avoidance.

Wait - he's just starting to crack down on tax avoidance? Has anyone told Nadim Zahawi? What about his missus? Or most of his party?

This is the guy who said he was abolishing non-dom, then gave a get out of jail free card by transitioning it in. This is the guy who imposed a windfall tax on energy companies, then gave them so many loopholes to jump through, the biggest companies pay virtually no additional tax through that scheme. This is the guy who said he got international co-operation on global companies' tax, then hiked all the indirect taxes he could find.

So he's not paying for it that way, I'm guessing. He'll make all of us pay for it.

More quacking from this dying duck.

Inheritance tax abolition is clearly the next policy. 

• Like 1

CCHQ have "accidently" sent a memo calling out several MPs for nor being committed to campaigning.Those named are Steve Baker, Sarah Atherton, Mary Robinson,Johnny Mercer and Rebecca Pow.All set to lose.Wonder if this will push some of them to just say "fuck it" and stand down.All of them almost certain to lose seats barring a miracle anyhow which probably is why they are struggling to give a shite.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

CCHQ have "accidently" sent a memo calling out several MPs for nor being committed to campaigning.Those named are Steve Baker, Sarah Atherton, Mary Robinson,Johnny Mercer and Rebecca Pow.All set to lose.Wonder if this will push some of them to just say fuck it and stand down.All of them almost certain t9 lose seats barring a miracle.

Hopefully not Mercer and Baker. Two cunts I'll enjoy seeing lose their seats 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sean said:

CCHQ have "accidently" sent a memo calling out several MPs for nor being committed to campaigning.Those named are Steve Baker, Sarah Atherton, Mary Robinson,Johnny Mercer and Rebecca Pow.All set to lose.Wonder if this will push some of them to just say "fuck it" and stand down.All of them almost certain to lose seats barring a miracle anyhow which probably is why they are struggling to give a shite.

Rebecca Pow is standing in my constituency and I will be voting Lib Dem (it appears to be a target seat for them) to try and get rid of her.

The best summary of the latest announcement IMO is this:

https://x.com/WalkerMarcus/status/1795205851218596305

image.thumb.png.a55b39e3c43b1b24ce514939347e3037.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad252 said:

Rebecca Pow is standing in my constituency and will be voting Lib Dem (it appears to be a target seat for them) to try and get rid of her.

The best summary of the latest announcement IMO is this:

https://x.com/WalkerMarcus/status/1795205851218596305

image.thumb.png.a55b39e3c43b1b24ce514939347e3037.png

Yeah Lib Dems had the seat back in 2010 and regularly poll second.I find it interesting they criticise her for being "too focused on being a minister" as if being committed to your ministerial brief is a bad thing.Speaks volumes.

11 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Hopefully not Mercer and Baker. Two cunts I'll enjoy seeing lose their seats 

I think they get paid a healthy redundancy pay if they lose their seats don't they?

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Inheritance tax abolition is clearly the next policy. 

Amen to everything Lewis Goodall says in that clip.

• Like 1

Aussie press smashed it here:

833046548_Image28-05-2024at01_54.thumb.jpeg.047c20a19325b3c60e314a98a6845de3.jpeg

• Like 1