• Like 2

Those trending on Twitter about this:

David Jason

Russell Brand - He's already made a Youtube video about this

David Walliams

Mr Blobby

9 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Russell Brand, apparently.

It'd be a bit of a disappointment if it was him, I think most sane people know that he's gone down the whole 'claims to be impartial but is actually quite right wing and conspiratorial' rabbit hole with his YouTube and politics stuff.

I also saw Jim Davidsons name trending.  Its OK though as the story is about a comedian and you have to be funny, or even attempt to be funny, before you can be classed as a comedian.

He is just a C-**T

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Must be quite serious as Man Utd have just announced they’ve signed Russell Brand on a season long loan.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Ain't going to end well IMHO - okay he has plenty of subscribers etc. etc. but it's basically the self-referential spiral of many a media personality with their own network. There's a certain sanity available when people with a strong sense of themselves and achievement go head to head with a totally different viewpoint - I'm thinking Rory Stewart and Alaistair Campbell's podcast being a healthy check on two massive egos. Best guess, mind, is that there's nowt much for anyone picking him in a dead pool to see for ages other than increasing rants of a guy who used to matter much more than he does now. Likely too smart and self-regarding to hit the drugs again big time.

Used to love his show on 6 music in the mid-late 00s with Matt and Trevor, but it does seem in recent years he has gone down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole.

Considering how open he was about shagging anything that moved around that time, and all the women queuing up for it, my guess would be:

- someone who was underage, or

- something cult-like involving a woman not being allowed to leave his home.

Also a good opportunity to remember one of his best lines, which was about Bob Geldof:

"no wonder he's such an expert on famine, he has been dining out on I Don't Like Mondays for thirty years"

I only have liked him when he was presenting Big Brother's Little Brother and when he was paired with Noel Fielding on Big Fat Quiz of the Year. He's now gone down a weird rabbit hole. His addictions have gone from drugs to a cult like persona convincing people of conspiracy theories and becoming friends with Tucker Carlson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Ain't going to end well IMHO - okay he has plenty of subscribers etc. etc. but it's basically the self-referential spiral of many a media personality with their own network. There's a certain sanity available when people with a strong sense of themselves and achievement go head to head with a totally different viewpoint - I'm thinking Rory Stewart and Alaistair Campbell's podcast being a healthy check on two massive egos. Best guess, mind, is that there's nowt much for anyone picking him in a dead pool to see for ages other than increasing rants of a guy who used to matter much more than he does now. Likely too smart and self-regarding to hit the drugs again big time.

I don't know, if he continues to use 'refute' when he means 'deny' he might have to watch his back.

He was never my cup of tea even before Sachsgate, I never found him funny.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, time said:

He was never my cup of tea even before Sachsgate, I never found him funny.

Nor mine. I think he’s a twat. 

• Thanks 1

I've always thought Russell Brand was a sort of professional halfwit, and am baffled at people taking him seriously. The idea of the establishment being out to get him is like Timmy Mallett being declared an enemy of the people.

• Haha 1

Don't forget that Trevor Lock, his co-presenter on the original 6 music show was dropped in around 2006 after a young lady made a complaint against him about something that happened at a party in Scotland which Russell Brand was also at. This was also addressed in My bookie wook 1 or 2 (I forget which). 

So I imagine whatever this complaint is it will be from that same era of 2006-7 when he was at his peak fame.

It's dropped: accused of rape and sexual assault between 2006 and 2013 by multiple women who've broken their silence

It's OK, he's got support from the dream team of Andrew Tate and Kirsty Gallacher

• Haha 2

Brand's conduct has been not quite common knowledge, but certainly known about, in the comedy sphere for nearly a decade. His gradual transition into a conspiracy crank is not the reason why he's had so few TV guest appearances in that time.

• Like 1

Just now, Spade_Cooley said:

It's OK, he's got support from the dream team of Andrew Tate and Kirsty Gallacher

Not forgetting Space Karen off of the dead bird app.

1 minute ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

always struck me as an utter wanker up his own arse

That's a nightmare both in terms of image and logistics.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

That's a nightmare both in terms of image and logistics.

Did think afterwards I could probably have phrased it better :lol:

• Haha 3

Because somebody was gonna start it. May as well be me. Better subtitle requested, please.

So many people with their stilettos out for him, but are their hands tied etc etc.

If Bernadette Chirac turns out to be one of the accusers, please feel free to merge threads. Thanks for populating with earlier posts, @deathimpends

3 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Because somebody was gonna start it. May as we’ll be me. Better subtitle requested, please.

So many people with their stilettos out for him, but are their hands tied etc etc.

My Booky Crook? :P