RIP Wee Jum

Russell Brand

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

My Booky Crook? :P

Manuel's revenge?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If I remember correctly. He told Katy Perry about getting a divorce 20 minutes before she was going to perform on tour.

• Shocked 1

Andrew Tate turns up to show solidarity and in so doing accidentally accuses him of sex trafficking too

IMG_8294.thumb.jpeg.7f3372a6f41800a5bb0035ec7bd9422a.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:
3 hours ago, time said:

He was never my cup of tea even before Sachsgate, I never found him funny.

Nor mine. I think he’s a twat

I always found him repellent and unlikeable.

Do we think this is who is being referred to here?

As amusing as the prediction is, I did wonder this myself when the speculation came out yesterday.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, TQR said:

Andrew Tate turns up to show solidarity and in so doing accidentally accuses him of sex trafficking too

IMG_8294.thumb.jpeg.7f3372a6f41800a5bb0035ec7bd9422a.jpeg

Tucker Carlson supporting him now as well. That says a lot

15 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

There’s still just enough time to get Wyman, Page, Pop, Tyler et al.

Legacywise, getting that dodgy coke from a Peruvian dealer was the best career decision John Peel ever made.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Tucker Carlson supporting him now as well. That says a lot

And Laurence Fox. 

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I always found him repellent and unlikeable.

Do we think this is who is being referred to here?

Seems likely 

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

Seems likely 

Him or Leigh Francis.

I don’t understand why Brand thinks himself to be significant enough to merit targeting by the mainstream media. 

Surely they only target valuable assets rather than has-been, washed up walking STDs like Brand. 

• Haha 1

The accusations seem to be a bit of an anticlimax. Enough to get him cancelled from mainstream TV, but he isn't on it much anyway. Nothing likely to result in legal action.

The most shocking thing for me was finding out he has 6m YouTube subscribers. That's a seriously big following.

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

And Laurence Fox. 

He also recited the "First they came..." poem, despite the fact he has attacked almost every group in that poem at some point through his hateful ramblings.

I've nothing but heaps of praise for Daniel Sloss for speaking to the program about Brand's notoriety in the comedy industry. Shame he was the only one prepared to do so.

Also had no idea about Jimmy Savile being a guest on his Radio 2 show. Their conversation was fucking creepy.

• Like 4

I'd like to know what Noel Fielding has to say, but I guess he still wants his job on Bake Off.

It’ll be Interesting to see what happens next.

I imagine the police on both sides of the Atlantic will be approaching Channel 4 to review their evidence and it’s still to be seen whether any of these women will want to pursue this through the courts.

He’ll probably struggle now to find venues willing to offer him a platform but the fact he was only performing to around 2000 people tonight possibly tells us that his online fanbase is where he makes most of his money and the audience he's cultivated there over the last few years are probably more likely to circle the wagons rather than leave him in droves.

Just like his pal Jimmy he obviously knew this day was coming for a long time and was preparing for it only this time Channel 4 didn't bottle releasing their expose the way that the BBC did.

Time will tell I suppose.

So, this is looking bad for him. Discourses on Channel 4 and The Sunday Times have lined up a fair tonnage of detail. Good chance from here there'll be charges. One ironicly funny twist unlikely to feature in Brand's act is that we know loads about his sexual and chemical adventures largely becuse he - personally - has reported on them many times. I'm thinking any of these women who has a good lawyer talking to them is already being made aware that there's a legal option here you don't normally get. Crudely, a good prosecuting barrister could rip into Brand by pointing out his own confessions of drug use (i.e. how often he was off his tits and the stuff he used) might call into question his reliability as a witness in his own defence. Given that the main witness in his own - it was consensual - defence is Brand, that's potentially a really powerful weapon. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, openviews said:

Just like his pal Jimmy he obviously knew this day was coming for a long time and was preparing for it only this time Channel 4 didn't bottle releasing their expose the way that the BBC did.

He used to call loads of random people on the show, I don't think that made him his pal. And these allegations are way way lower on the scale than Savile, who was a paedo and necrophiliac amongst other things.

He doesn't have a mainstream career anymore, and his online presence will probably be fine. His promiscuous behavior was clear to anyone who listened to his shows or read his books.

So unless there is something big that they are saving for round 2 then I'm not convinced this story will stick around for long. There doesn't seem to be a great deal more to say.

• Like 1