Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Thanks, now I can just get conformation on Sam Groom 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cgay said:

Thanks, now I can just get conformation on Sam Groom 

Alive and well it seems. 

Someone I spoke to in the media had a contact number for him, gave him a call, sounded great for a dead person.

• Haha 1

Shirley Jo Finney, theatre director and actress, with roles in some major US TV programmes. but notably the title role in the 1975 biopic Wilma (about Wilma Rudolph) has died aged 74, after suffering from cancer.

• Like 3

Suzanne Somers dead at 76.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • Shocked 5

18 minutes ago, tracy said:

Suzanne Somers dead at 76.

Actually probably not. Here’s an article from People that came out today.  Her birthday is tomorrow

Edit: Never mind. People is also reporting her death. RIP Suzanne

7 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

Actually probably not. Here’s an article from People that came out today.  Her birthday is tomorrow

Actually probably yes, because here's another People article where they confirm she is dead as a doornail. :P

edit: Ah, I see you found this yourself. In any case, it was never likely to be fake. Her publicist quoted in the article has a wiki page, and searching their site shows he has yakked to them many times.

8 minutes ago, tracy said:

Actually probably yes, because here's another People article where they confirm she is dead as a doornail. :P

edit: Ah, I see you found this yourself. In any case, it was never likely to be fake. Her publicist quoted in the article has a wiki page, and searching their site shows he has yakked to them many times.

I don’t see it so often here, but on social media a lot, people have been very quick to dismiss deaths as a hoax lately. For example, when Paul Reubens died, everyone was immediately saying it was fake, despite the fact that it was posted by his page

I wish I knew who Suzanne Somers was - this person has passed my life by. I'm going to say very US personality, yet the redtops have obits out already.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I wish I knew who Suzanne Somers was - this person has passed my life by. I'm going to say very US personality, yet the redtops have obits out already.

She was most known for Three's Company, the American remake of Man About The House. I am guessing that one did not air in the UK.

Just now, Undead In Ohio said:

She was most known for Three's Company, the American remake of Man About The House. I am guessing that one did not air in the UK.

Probably not. I remember Two's Company with Elaine Stritch and Donald Sinden, but not that one.

I know her as she appeared in Serial Mom.

20 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Definitely a sex symbol of sorts because of Three’s Company. Ended up making a lot of commercials for the Thighmaster and other workout regimens in the 90s. 

I only know of her because South Park parodied her appearance in She’s the Sheriff.

I watched Three's Company (long after it aired) and Step by Step.

She received a lot of negative criticism for supporting alternative treatments to cancer; however, she has had some variation of cancer for 50 years.
This is one of those bummer comedic actor deaths.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lilham said:

I watched Three's Company (long after it aired) and Step by Step.

She received a lot of negative criticism for supporting alternative treatments to cancer; however, she has had some variation of cancer for 50 years.
This is one of those bummer comedic actor deaths.

She was pretty nutty, and promoted a ton of BS medical quackery - including claiming the Sandy Hook shooter killed due to toxics in his diet and household cleaners.

Did any of the USA remakes of British sitcoms air in the UK? Even a lot of their successful original ones didn’t or when they did didn’t get the same level of popularity as their did in the USA. 

9 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Did any of the USA remakes of British sitcoms air in the UK? Even a lot of their successful original ones didn’t or when they did didn’t get the same level of popularity as their did in the USA. 

The Office, Veep, Dear John, Ghosts. There maybe more.

8 minutes ago, time said:

The Office, Veep, Dear John, Ghosts. They’re maybe more.

The Modern ones do but Dear John seems to be the one one of 1970’s and 1980’s that did. 

On 17/03/2023 at 18:07, time said:

Sam Neill being treated for stage III blood cancer

Outlook for Sam Neill is pretty grim: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/jurassic-park-sam-neill-blood-cancer-1235619537/

In remission but the drugs he is on will stop working at some point, it is reported.

Maybe it is thread time.

• Sad 7

Actress Joanna Merlin died at 92 years;

https://deadline.com/2023/10/joanna-merlin-dead-1235574804/

After starring as Tzeitel in the 1964 Broadway production of Fiddler on the Roof, Merlin became a theatrical casting director and a television and film actress. Her best known screen credits include Judge Lena Petrovsky on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Mrs. Arujo in Mystic Pizza.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Outlook for Sam Neill is pretty grim: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/jurassic-park-sam-neill-blood-cancer-1235619537/

In remission but the drugs he is on will stop working at some point, it is reported.

Maybe it is thread time.

Reilly, Minced of Pies.

That's a pun I've wanted to crowbar in for decades.

3 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Actress Joanna Merlin died at 92 years;

https://deadline.com/2023/10/joanna-merlin-dead-1235574804/

After starring as Tzeitel in the 1964 Broadway production of Fiddler on the Roof, Merlin became a theatrical casting director and a television and film actress. Her best known screen credits include Judge Lena Petrovsky on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Mrs. Arujo in Mystic Pizza.

Are there any other actors who have played frequent SVU judges who have died recently?

• Like 1