Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

59 minutes ago, tracy said:

Treat Williams dead at 71 after motorcycle accident.

I am shocked and sad about this news, I recently watched the movie The Deep End of the Ocean, very good movie, with Treat Willians and watched Everwood for some time, I really liked this series, and on 30/5, died John Beasley , actor of the same series and less than two weeks later another actor of her will be

4 hours ago, tracy said:

The death of Treat Williams is also a unwelcome death for you and @Book in the Georgian Deadpool ll 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tracy said:

Terrible news. 

This was my first introduction to Treat Williams which I saw on the telly many years after it was released - look at the goddamn cast list! Anyway, Treat punches a hole in the wall:

• Like 4

19 hours ago, tracy said:

First time I saw him was in 1941, with John Belushi and a who ensemble of actors. This hits hard.

• Like 1

Lia Mortensen died at age 57, the actress played Nora Fowles, the mother of the protagonist of the film A Nightmare Hour (2010), she died on 7/jun/2023 and had lung cancer, also acted in series like Chicago Fire, Shamless , and Empire: Fame and Power.

Atriz Lia Mortensen, de A Hora do Pesadelo (2010), morre aos 57 anos de idade – Memórias Cinematográficas (memoriascinematograficas.com.br)

Nightmare_on_ES_800c.jpg

• Like 1

Ten earliest surviving Best Actress Oscar winners (Updated for Glenda Jackson)

Best Actress

1957 Joanne Woodward

1961 Sophia Loren

1964 Julie Andrews

1965 Julie Christie

1968 Barbara Streisand

1969 Maggie Smith

1971 Jane Fonda

1972 Liza Minelli

1974 Ellen Burstyn

1976 Faye Dunaway

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I realised that I have not updated the Best Song Oscar winners list for quite a while

1964 Richard Sherman

1966 Don Black

1968 Michel Legrand/Alan & Marilyn Bergman 

1970 Robb Royer

1975 Keith Carradine

1976 Barbara Streisand/Paul Williams 

1979 David Shire

1980 Michael Gore/Dean Pitchford

1981 Christopher Cross/Carole Bayer Sager

1982 Buffy Sainte-Marie/Will Jennings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/11/2020 at 03:30, Perhaps said:

She was in titanic too:

Lew Palter and Elsa Raven as Isidor and Ida Straus~Historical Characters.  This scene makes me bawl like a baby. C… | Weird facts, Titanic movie  facts, Titanic movie

Apparently Lew Palter, who played the husband, is still alive and 92 years old.

American actor Lew Palter (Wiki), mostly known for playing Isidor Straus in Titanic (1997) dead at 94.

He also guest-starred in television programs including The A-Team, Day by Day, Charlie's Angels, Baretta, The Virginian, Columbo, The High Chaparral, Gunsmoke, Mission: Impossible, The Six Million Dollar Man, Kojak, The Brady Bunch and The Flying Nun.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Lew Palter (Wiki), American actor mostly known for playing Isidor Straus in Titanic (1997) dead at 94.

He also guest-starred in television programs including The A-Team, Day by Day, Charlie's Angels, Baretta, The Virginian, Columbo, The High Chaparral, Gunsmoke, Mission: Impossible, The Six Million Dollar Man, Kojak, The Brady Bunch and The Flying Nun.

is this Manu Rios on your profil pic ?

On 27/07/2021 at 19:34, Ulitzer95 said:

Additionally, its director/producer Norman Jewison (b. 1926), the composer of the original Broadway score Sheldon Harnick (b. 1924), and the film's score composer John Williams (b. 1932) are still with us.

One of my favourite musical films incidentally. Thoroughly recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Sheldon Harnick dead at 99.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

On 16/06/2023 at 10:09, Bibliogryphon said:

I realised that I have not updated the Best Song Oscar winners list for quite a while

1968 Michel Legrand/Alan & Marilyn Bergman 

Michel Legrand died in 2019, and Marilyn Bergman died in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could be something, could be nothing but this ‘game’ tells us that sometimes these things are clues….

Sally Hawkins has stepped away from Paddington 3 with no reason / other commitment. All other cast returning!

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/paddington-3-peru-sally-hawkins-mrs-brown-b2363178.html

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Could be something, could be nothing but this ‘game’ tells us that sometimes these things are clues….

Sally Hawkins has stepped away from Paddington 3 with no reason / other commitment. All other cast returning!

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/paddington-3-peru-sally-hawkins-mrs-brown-b2363178.html

In 2018, Sally said she has lupus, so maybe that might be a factor.

41 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

She stopped responding to fan mail last year on health grounds but given her age I'd assumed mental health issues.

On 08/01/2023 at 10:04, TomTomTelekom said:

Child actor Adam Rich, who gained fame for his role as Nicolas Bradford on the late 1970s hit television series, Eight is Enough, died at 54 years:

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/08/adam-rich-dead-dies-eight-is-enough/

He appeared also in the 1981 film, The Devil and Max Devlin with Bill Cosby

Adam Rich cause of death determined to be accidental fentanyl overdose: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/eight-enough-child-star-adam-rich-died-effects-fentanyl-rcna90915

• Like 1

Frederic Forrest dead at 86.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

1 hour ago, tracy said:

Frederic Forrest dead at 86.

His gofundme said they needed money for the care for roughly half a year, and they were spot-on!

• Like 1

On 22/01/2023 at 04:53, The Daredevil said:

Interestingly, Julian Sands was confirmed as still on the move two days after he vanished.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/julian-sands-heartbreak-police-respond-29003805

Julian Sands dead at 65 https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/24/entertainment/julian-sands-california-search-human-remains-found/index.html

I love him in A Room with a view!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gisooo said:

I love him in A Room with a view!

Remains of the Day.

I saw the last Indiana Jones movie today. Harrison Ford is in excellent shape, but John Rhys Davies seems frail and way thinner than before, I hardly recognize him. Granted he is 79, but still…

• Like 2

Dodie Heath (Wiki), another American actress from Golden Age of Hollywood, mentioned here sometimes dead at 96

She played in movies and TV series such as Brigadoon, Seconds, The Twilight Zone, The Untouchables, Lawman and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

But two of the mos memorable role for me are Terri Richards in Ask Any Girl (1959) and Miep Gies in The Diary of Anne Frank (1959)

image.thumb.png.ab06d6ce70f7eac35076395a338497d2.png

• Like 12