Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Perhaps you could think about why?  I mean really think about it for several minutes.  

Redacted.

I'm not taking any risks. Apologies to the admins, I hadn't quite realised the legal position you guys are actually in on this one. Continue doing what you doing.

Personal private circumstances are not to be parlayed into joke threads. It's not so much about people being offended/stuck-up/what have you as much as the need for privacy to be respected.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Personal private circumstances are not to be parlayed into joke threads. It's not so much about people being offended/stuck-up/what have you as much as the need for privacy to be respected.

Redacted.

I'm not taking any risks. Apologies to the admins, I hadn't quite realised the legal position you guys are actually in on this one. Continue doing what you doing.

Why's this happened to me? Why you gotta be like this?

2069343242_Screenshot2019-04-22at23_52_31.thumb.png.875abf7f27157949d8d72d500d81c900.png

Just now, The Quim Reaper said:

Why's this happened to me? Why you gotta be like this?

2069343242_Screenshot2019-04-22at23_52_31.thumb.png.875abf7f27157949d8d72d500d81c900.png

It's ok all the ones from a single conversation go to an email chain until there's a long gap in proceedings :)

On 22/04/2019 at 23:55, Deathray said:

It's ok all the ones from a single conversation go to an email chain until there's a long gap in proceedings :)

Only per poster. Checked emails last night - 32 new email notifications from Deathlist. tbh my first thought "Oh fuck, what have I done now?"

• Haha 3

:devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I did some futile, crazy and stupid things to post here:

When I first encountered the certificate error, I tried two other browsers in addition to my default Mozilla Firefox browser: Chromium and Vivaldi. They all produced the same error, leading me to conclude the certificate error is on the SERVER side.

I followed some online tutorials for adjusting one browser's setting, and whitelisted forums.deathlist.net and deathlist.net. This gave me browsing access.

I could not log on as Torva Messor -- I forgot my password and was locked out.

I requested a password reset through the appropriate page, twice. No automated mail for password reset has yet arrived for either request. Would a techie please look into this issue?

I created a new account. It's not meant to be a sock puppet -- I hoped to contact the staff via direct message and tell them the password resets aren't arriving. I logged on via Chromium but cannot reply via text nor message the Staff. I can only 'like' via emoji to posts in my 'newbie' account. The text box fields for entry do not 'open' for me: the only option seems to be pasting a URL. Creating a webpage per post an pasting its URL is not something I'm willing to do: too time-consuming.

I am posting here now because I set my computer time to 19 May 2019 13h00, before the site's certificate expired.

I need Admin help regarding my account for password resets, and echo what several accounts have said: the expired certificates for forums.deathlist.net and deathlist.net need to be renewed or reset.

I don't need the help now, I've remembered and stored my password. But the 'automated email for link to password resets' feature still isn't functional.

According to

this is an outstanding and known issue. To which DL Staff member do I address manual password requests, as the link for automating password resets isn't functioning?

To registered members: if you're willing to set your computer clock to a time before the certificate expired, you can bypass the HSTS error.

None of those worked, but I managed to get the forum up as a guest on Chrome with some settings changes, only to find account passwords locked due to Firefox cookies. So having created a new email account only to twig gmail is blocking DL, this sock account will say hi and I'll wait till Grim gets round to fixing the bloody issue. Took a few days last time (2015?). 

Anyhow, in the unlikely event anyone needs to tell me something (ha), PM Joey or Rad and they can tell me, I think. Fun. 

msc.

Seems everybody has lost their password. I  found mine in google settings where thankfully you can save it there.

4 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

We back?

Yup. 

• Like 1

Now you've got that updated look at the front page.

If your struggling for headlines:

The Carnival's Stopped for Wouk

Alive Is Not A Word Bob Would Use to Describe Himself

Ah yes, I no longer have to switch between two different times on mobile anymore.

Good to be back!

22 hours ago, Very Annoyed Scot said:

None of those worked, but I managed to get the forum up as a guest on Chrome with some settings changes, only to find account passwords locked due to Firefox cookies. So having created a new email account only to twig gmail is blocking DL, this sock account will say hi and I'll wait till Grim gets round to fixing the bloody issue. Took a few days last time (2015?). 

Anyhow, in the unlikely event anyone needs to tell me something (ha), PM Joey or Rad and they can tell me, I think. Fun. 

msc.

Oh, fuck that guy! :lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, msc said:

Oh, fuck that guy! :lol:

Should he be banned?

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Should he be banned?

Will set DI on it later. Can count him on him not to ban the wrong one. Bit Brigadiers in Mawdryn Undead.

Right, the forums had a crap Dr Who reference, its officially back to normal now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Deathray said:

Alive Is Not A Word Bob Would Use to Describe Himself

Barnacle Boy's Keeled Over (Tim Conway)

12 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

Barnacle Boy's Keeled Over (Tim Conway)

Conway isn't on the front page DL.

20 hours ago, Deathray said:

Surely Herman Wouk Is Not Still Alive

(referring to the Stephen King story)

• Like 1

On 22/05/2019 at 22:11, Spade_Cooley said:

We back?

I am thinking this is lucky that this happened this week and not when everyone was trying to get their MMMDP entries in

How do I go about getting a button in my user profile allowing me to ban @Sir Creep.? 

How do I file a harassment claim against an admin? 5 bloody warning points from the same mod for inane joke posts?

Also your warning point system can't fucking count properly. That's 7 not 6.

UWmwxiZ.png

Is there a way to see signatures when you're browsing the website on the phone? I noticed that they don't show up unless you're on a computer.

Fucking the new terms and conditions are a drab read. GDPR bollocks presumably, they weren't so bad back in the day.