Catherine

People I Was Surprised To Find Are Still Alive

I was watching an episode of Man in a Suitcase followed by an episode of Randall and Hopkirk (deceased)earlier today and coicidentally George. A. Cooper was in both. You may not know the name but those of us a ertain age will recognise him as Mr Griffiths in Grange Hill.

Googled him to check when he died and discovered he's still alive. He's another of those who has always looked old.

Handy, you are so damn cool!!!!!!!!! :D

George A Cooper was also in Billy Liar, IIRC, the 70s TV series.

• Like 1

I was watching an episode of Man in a Suitcase followed by an episode of Randall and Hopkirk (deceased)earlier today and coicidentally George. A. Cooper was in both. You may not know the name but those of us a ertain age will recognise him as Mr Griffiths in Grange Hill.

Googled him to check when he died and discovered he's still alive. He's another of those who has always looked old.

Handy, you are so damn cool!!!!!!!!!   :D

Thanks. I've never been called cool before.

• Like 1

Handy, you are so damn cool!!!!!!!!! :D

That's where I first remember seeing him (was he Billy's girlfriends's dad? Seem to remember he said 'bloody' a lot), which brings me on to Colin Jeavons, who played funeral director Mr. Shadrack. He's also still alive, now 85, but (according to IMDB) hasn't been in anything since 1993. Anyway, he's on my list (along with GAC) for consideration.

Anita Harris

A mere 72 and still treading the boards but life just shat on her again: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/tax/11340055/Actress-Anita-Harris-declared-bankrupt.html

And a quick look at the forthcoming tour dates shows places like Sheerness and Dawlish in there, it's a kind of death, with a heartbeat, or summat.

Let's keep tabs eh?

• Like 1

Two names I saw on other teams lists: Rona Barrett and Dr Ruth Westheimer. I'd have bet your life they were both long gone.

I also saw a couple days ago the accordion player from The Gong Show, Milton DeLugg, is kicking it and still performing at 98!

Sir C

Two names I saw on other teams lists: Rona Barrett and Dr Ruth Westheimer. I'd have bet your life they were both long gone.

I also saw a couple days ago the accordion player from The Gong Show, Milton DeLugg, is kicking it and still performing at 98!

Sir C

Cheers, with that 98 year old squeeze box fiend I duly start my 2016 possibles file.

Richard L. Bare, director of Green Acres, turning 102 this year. I totally forgot about him while making my 2015 personal DL. However, he's planning to make a broadway play based on Green Acres, so maybe he's too busy to die.

Sir C

Cheers, with that 98 year old squeeze box fiend I duly start my 2016 possibles file.

Ya fucking weirdo. I won't be starting my list of random famous people who look old/ill/so-old-it-must-be-makin-them-ill until about May. Have some fucking decency innit?

Sir C

Ya fucking weirdo. I won't be starting my list of random famous people who look old/ill/so-old-it-must-be-makin-them-ill until about May. Have some fucking decency innit?

So, you choose a site dedicated to speculating on the imminent death of famous people to tell me to have some decency.

I am awake and smelling coffee, how about your good self?

Speaking of dodgy old songbirds - like Anita Harris - I discovered that 76 year old and highly obitable Susan Maughan is alive, as is JRR Tolkein's youngest son, Christoper (aged 90): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Tolkien

I am glad you have only just discovered that. He is a unique pick on my DDP theme team.

Speaking of dodgy old songbirds - like Anita Harris - I discovered that 76 year old and highly obitable Susan Maughan is alive, as is JRR Tolkein's youngest son, Christoper (aged 90): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Tolkien

I am glad you have only just discovered that. He is a unique pick on my DDP theme team.

I considered him, but he must be a tough old bird if the Hobbit films didn't finish him off.

Susan Maughan, I was always led to believe, had a great rack.

This aside, its typical of The British to endow fame on somebody that couldn't sing THAT well and could only take that damn record to number two!

IIRC, It wasn't even an original song either!

Angela Lansbury.

Also, "Maude" star Bill Macy. But that was 2 months ago, so I luckily got the chance to put him on my personal DL.

While browsing through the list of celebrities at the DDP....Burt Bacharach. I would have guessed he was born around 1900 and died in the 70s or 80s...

Reading the Metro article linked to by Bibliogryphon in Room 101, I was surprised to find that not only is David Graham still alive (aged 90), he's reprising his role as Parker in the upcoming Thunderbirds reboot!

while the original Parker David Graham will reprise his role.
  • Like 1

Reading the Metro article linked to by Bibliogryphon in Room 101, I was surprised to find that not only is David Graham still alive (aged 90), he's reprising his role as Parker in the upcoming Thunderbirds reboot!

I still associate him most with the Doctor Who episode City of Death where he ages to death and becomes a skeleton (and of course as Peppa Pig's Grandpa).

I still associate him most with the Doctor Who episode City of Death where he ages to death and becomes a skeleton (and of course as Peppa Pig's Grandpa).

I thought the voice sounded familiar when I was watching Peppa Pig the other day with my daughter.

I thought the voice sounded familiar when I was watching Peppa Pig the other day with my daughter.

The voice cast for Peppa Pig is pretty impressive. Daddy Pig is the actor Richard Ridings who I saw as the Duke of Cornwall in King Lear at the RSC. When he ripped out Gloucester's eyes it was brutal. Morwenna Banks plays (i think) Mummy pig and she was a veteren of the classic Radio 4 comedy Radio Active. I only found this out when I went to visit my Brother-in-law who has twin two year olds.

Georgia Holt aka Cher's mum, but she's a singer song writer in her own right too so would obit.

Izola Curry: you may remember her from such assassination attempts as Martin Luther King, Jr in Harlem in 1958.Currently 98 years old and was placed in a nursing home after sustaining injuries from a fall.

Not anymore.

Edit. Dammit. Search brought up original post and not the quoted one.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/assassination/izola-ware-curry-dies-897043

Sister Janet Mead, white Australian nun who had a stab at being a soul sister back in the day, b. 1938. Was just grooving to some of her slammin' sounds when I thought I'd see if she's still breathing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Mead