maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

11 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Toby Smith, keyboardist and founding member of Jamiroquai, has died aged 46. He was a member the band from 1992-2002.

He's going deeper underground.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, msc said:

He's going deeper underground.

So obvious, it's virtual insanity.

So far today (well, past 24 hours) we have a lead guitar (Johnny Cash), a bass player (Molly Hatchet), drummer (Autograph) and keyboards (Jamiroquai).  Alls we needs is a lead singer.  C'mon, you know you're out there.  Gord Downie perhaps?  Gotta be someone....

SC

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

So far today (well, past 24 hours) we have a lead guitar (Johnny Cash), a bass player (Molly Hatchet), drummer (Autograph) and keyboards (Jamiroquai).  Alls we needs is a lead singer.  C'mon, you know you're out there.  Gord Downie perhaps?  Gotta be someone....

SC

Mika Vainio sang in a Jarboe album once, I think.

Other than that, you have this guy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Miguel_Class

On 12/04/2017 at 00:37, Thatcher said:

J. Geils, guitarist and founder of the rock group The J. Geils Band, has died aged 71. The band had various hits in the American charts, including Lookin' For A Love (#39, 1971), Give It To Me (#30, 1973), Must Of Got Lost (#12, 1974), Love Stinks (#38, 1980), Come Back (#32, 1980) and Freeze-Frame (#4, 1981). Their biggest hit, however, was Centerfold which reached #1 in the USA and #3 in the UK.

Edit: BBC

That music video is cheesy as fuck. RIP

On 22.3.2017 at 22:53, gcreptile said:

Christy Dignam hospitalized with high temperature and told to cut back on live gigs:

https://www.thesun.ie/news/745897/aslan-singer-christy-dignam-hospitalised-and-told-to-cut-back-on-live-gigs/

One Aslan member won't be returning to live gigs alright.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/music/883810/aslan-pays-tribute-to-sixth-member-pat-fitzy-fitzpatrick-as-he-dies-in-hospital-after-losing-cancer-battle/

• Like 1

Dignam trolls us once more.....

German record producer Frank Dostal died age 71. He was responsible for the Baccara songs "Yes sir, I can boogie" and "Sorry, I'm a Lady. "

8 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

German record producer Frank Dostal died age 71. He was responsible for the Baccara songs "Yes sir, I can boogie" and "Sorry, I'm a Lady. "

Responsible for or guilty of...it's a matter of opinion I'd say

• Like 4

I didn't see the snr part and freaked for a sect.

Kerry Turman, a longtime bassist for The Temptations, has died after a performance in Missouri. He was 59.

The coroner in Cape Girardeau County says Turman was found dead at a local hotel early Sunday, shortly after performing Saturday night in Cape Girardeau. The vocal group is currently touring with the Beach Boys.
SC

Ah, a form studying opportunity due out next week.

A glam rock care home disguised as a new act:

51NuRIddR5L._SY355_.jpg

Quatro is who you might think - assuming you're under 50. Scott was/is in The Sweet and Powell drummed(s) with Slade

• Like 2

A friend of mine who has a narrowboat has periodically encountered Andy Scott in his local, which is the Kings Arms at All Cannings.  They have an annual one-day festival there in aid of cancer research.

http://www.concertatthekings.co.uk/

The man himself  http://www.concertatthekings.co.uk/sweets-andy-scotts-promo-for-2017-event/

Some familiar names there for form study .....

21 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Ah, a form studying opportunity due out next week.

A glam rock care home disguised as a new act:

51NuRIddR5L._SY355_.jpg

Quatro is who you might think - assuming you're under 50. Scott was/is in The Sweet and Powell drummed(s) with Slade

Sorry but sometimes people just need to let it go.

Didn't know where to put it, as they are clearly no pop stars - buy Kevin Garcia of 90's indie rock giants Grandaddy has sadly passed due to a stroke.

Reports coming in on Twitter that Saxa (Lionel Augustus Martin), saxophonist with The Beat, has died.

DDP pick for my 1981 theme team, awaiting obit.

Too Nice To Talk To (1981 UK #7)

Sorry should have included a link:

Making waves in the SE - though some of it because the fatal car crash was a major shunt (two dead - eight injured including life-changing stuff) all at an accident black spot. Mike Crampton (keyboards/vocals) of the Pisdicables: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGBgqC06k0A

posted.

On 5/3/2017 at 14:32, YoungWillz said:

Sorry should have included a link:

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

The English Beat’s Saxophone player, Saxa (Lionel Augustus Martin) has passed away at the age of 87. Saxa’s awesome playing can be heard throughout the Beat’s discography but songs that stand out include “Too Nice To Talk To,” “Mirror in the Bathroom,” and “Best Friend.” He has also played with The International Beat, Laurel Aitken, Prince Buster and Desmond Dekker. For some in-depth history on Saxa, check out Marco on the Bass's article on him.  Rest easy Saxa!

Ranking Roger confirmed the sad news on his facebook page.

SC

I would take a look on the forum before you post next time. Just a little tip.

Patti Smith??

The only thing I can confirm is that the age of Patti mentioned and the singer are both 70. The occupation of the dead Patti is said to be politician, but that can also be said about the singer.

If it's indeed the singer, than this is a big one.

Edit: 

Update:

Seems to be a hoax.

17 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

They're always a hoax.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

Patti Smith??

The only thing I can confirm is that the age of Patti mentioned and the singer are both 70. The occupation of the dead Patti is said to be politician, but that can also be said about the singer.

If it's indeed the singer, than this is a big one.

Edit: 

Update:

Seems to be a hoax.

Why people are still bringing MediaMass as a source? It's debunking rumors that never even actually circulated... never really got the point of it other than having pages for every possible situation. I guess it gets a fair share of traffic because of that.

Also, they are referring to Patti Smith the politician https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patti_Smith_(politician)

• Like 3