maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

He always said that his current treatment keeps the cancer at bay until 2017. So it's right on time. It's why he was the first name I suggested for 2018 in the Possibilities thread.

Record executive Nigel Grainge, who worked with Sinead O’Connor, The Boomtown Rats, Thin Lizzy, The Waterboys, 10cc, World Party, Steve Miller Band, and Eddy Grant, among others, died on June 11 of complications from a recent surgery. He was 70.

The founder of Ensign Records and older brother of Sir Lucien Grainge, chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group.

SC

2 of World Party's albums were excellent..

2 hours ago, charon said:

2 of World Party's albums were excellent..

Aye =- Goodbye Jumbo won album of the year in Q Magazine didn't it

Played that not so long back

J. Scott “Bow Bow” Brandon, best known as the bass and trumpet player in the Drunk Stuntmen, died around 2 a.m. Tuesday.

Never heard of them, so if it's in wrong thread, or if unimportant local fare, please move or delete as necessary.  I'm just reporting the facts lol.

SC

11 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Aye, but it's a back problem, right?

She can't move too well she may well live for many more years

32 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, but it's a back problem, right?

She can't move too well she may well live for many more years

Terry Wogan had a "back problem" a couple of months before he died....

10 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

Terry Wogan had a "back problem" a couple of months before he died....

Point taken but a back problem for Dolores could be a prolapsed disc or similar that means moving about on stage risks permanent damage and renders her uninsurable for a live tour. Dead poolers would be taking a long shot punt on the current evidence

I had a back problem a few weeks ago.. Feck!

Aaron Carter of the Backstreet Boys has a visit to the ER.

Latest on Greg Gilbert:

Hey friends, a little update on my health.

This afternoon I met my oncologist to discuss next steps etc, and the results of the recent scans were better than expected. The tumours in my chest, which had already shrunk, are stable and some are now so small that it's not clear if they are active cancers or scar tissue. Also my bowel is now showing scar tissue where the tumour was. The oncologist is unsure if cancer is still present there, but a change has taken place and I appear to have reacted well to chemo.

I now have 3 months away from treatment, time to just dissolve and enjoy family and friends. There's a huge likelihood that something may grow again in the meantime, but right now life is fine.

Thank you lovely people for all your thoughts and support, words are not enough xxxxx

Looks like he might make 2018.

I thought he was a banker...

Incidentally, none of the current top 3 teams have him, so it would be helpful to them...

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Incidentally, none of the current top 3 teams have him, so it would be helpful to them...

DQSP does have him 

1 minute ago, Dead Wait said:

DQSP does have him 

I know, but take in Mao Kobayashi's joker for still life puts that team in 2nd place and DQSBP out of the top three. So ha! 

I woyldnt read too much into this.Next scan he has could well show a growth in his cancer.

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I know, but take in Mao Kobayashi's joker for still life puts that team in 2nd place and DQSBP out of the top three. So ha! 

So not the current top 3 then but the projected/future/next top 3..... I see....... got it now.....

I didn't pick Gilbert because while he's almost certainly gone by 2019, enough strides have been made in colon cancer treatment on top of his young age that I thought it'd be enough to carry him into next year. Though TBH I likely would have picked him had that one "cutting-edge crowdfund treatment won't work" update occurred before the new year.

I think Gilbert over Sonja Durham or Mary Valastro will be the error that means I don't take the DDP this year tbh. He's already planning to do stuff in 2018, art exhibitions and the like. While that means nothing in real terms, I don't exactly see Stefan Karl putting himself forward for Lazy Town Live at the NEC Arena.

• Like 1

Richard Caire otherwise known as Kai-Ray died on June 2nd at the age of 81

8 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Richard Claire otherwise known as Kai-Ray died on June 2nd at the age of 81

For your own sanity don't look it up in Google Images.

• Like 1