maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

10 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

For your own sanity don't look it up in Google Images.

I will post a link when I get home. Posting a link from my phone is a pain. 

And now (again) Aretha Franklin cancels a consert in Toronto on the advice of her doctor. One to watch.

1 hour ago, Whitehouse said:

And now (again) Aretha Franklin cancels a consert in Toronto on the advice of her doctor. One to watch.

I would watch her if she didn't keep canceling concerts.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Here's the link for Richard Caire aka Kai-Ray 

http://www.startribune.com/richard-caire-rock-n-roll-musician-dies-at-81/430582793/

And here's Trashman's Blues, the track that gave The Trashmen their name. I believe it was original drummer Steve Wahrer who decided on the idea of The Trashmen as their name. 

Psych/Pop artist Melody Prochet was involved in a serious car accident at the beginning of the month (her family wrote that she could stay for months in hospital because of it). Also cancelling all of her concerts.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/06/melodys-echo-chamber-hospitalized-following-serious-accident-cancels-tour-dates/

:oNot a good sign when you see things like ''we are optimistic''  and family/rep's have taken over her social media accounts to make the announcement.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 21:34, gcreptile said:

Small indirect update on the cancer fight of my reserve team joker Gary De Carlo:

http://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2017/05/04/cancer-battle-for-hey-hey-goodbye-singersongwriter-dems-sing-tune-to-gop-over-obamacare-repeal/

The cancer has invaded several body parts. And as his signature song is still in heavy use, I think the obit is becoming fairly likely. But he's still active and not on death's door yet.

Dead. http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/28/steam-singer-gary-decarlo-dead/

Paul Leka didn't get a QO, but then, obits have changed a bit since 2011/12.

Daily Mail for DeCarlo. 

The B-Team now joins fellow gcreptile team Shameless in the top 10, with The Love Boat ironically way behind.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

Psych/Pop artist Melody Prochet was involved in a serious car accident at the beginning of the month (her family wrote that she could stay for months in hospital because of it). Also cancelling all of her concerts.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/06/melodys-echo-chamber-hospitalized-following-serious-accident-cancels-tour-dates/

Nice tune. Reminds me of Air.

On 28.6.2017 at 22:16, Whitehouse said:

Nice tune.

If you are familiar with the whole neo-psychedelic musical scene, the producers (also playing in this track) are two guys of the Swedish band Düngen.

Anyway, an update from her family now confirms she suffers from a brain aneurysm and broken vertebrae.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadGuy said:

Daily Mail for DeCarlo. 

The B-Team now joins fellow gcreptile team Shameless in the top 10, with The Love Boat ironically way behind.

Haha!!!!!

Edit: My B-Team needs another hit to beat TJS in the "player of the month" statistic. It's 4 points behind. Come on Smith Hart, you can do it!

10 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Haha!!!!!

Edit: My B-Team needs another hit to beat TJS in the "player of the month" statistic. It's 4 points behind. Come on Smith Hart, you can do it!

Don't get too excited. Still Life is only 2 points behind for player of the month, and also has Smith Hart. 

• Like 1

Just now, RadGuy said:

Don't get too excited. Still Life is only 2 points behind for player of the month, and also has Smith Hart. 

You're right! Damn, then it needs to be Kevin Murray, who needs another obit miracle. Come on, Mirror, you can do it!

• Like 1

By the way, the obits mention the use of the song in the recent US congressional vote to undo Obamacare. That's what my previous update on De Carlo mentioned as well. I'm not sure De Carlo would have obited without that.

Seriously?  No one said Kiss Him Goodbye?  SMFH

14 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Nah.

Nah na na, na na na na....

Apparently Night Ranger drummer Kelly Keagy had a 'slight health scare' recently.  Better known as open heart surgery to deal with a birth defect.
"
It was a birth defect, where I have a bicuspid instead of a tricuspid like everybody else does. In other words, there’s just two flaps and not three."
Getting in that 66-72 year old wheelhouse.

SC

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

19 minutes ago, msc said:

Nah.

Nah na na, na na na na....

He ran out of Steam.

• Like 1

Someone obviously had to pick him so that these jokes could be made...

We need a Stay of execution on these puns...

No, wait, sorry, wrong Siobhan Fahey band...

Oleg Yakovlev, from the Russian boy-band Ivanushki International, has died aged 47 (second one to die of this group after Igor Sorin, who commited suicide 20 years ago).

Stuck  In  On You
Lionel Richie’s bass player Ethan Farmer has been hospitalised after reportedly stabbing himself following a bad reaction to edibles, cookies or brownies that have been baked with marijuana.
[Story is 4 weeks old but no one posted it?]
SC

• Like 1

Just heard that Sonny Burgess has suffered a heart attack. No news yet on the severity.