M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Providing he can convince me that the claims against him are false, he can come hideout at mine.

Seems to have mental health issues.

Having been down that road myself with a disturbed partner, I'd ask him to disappear into the outback as far away from me as possible.

• Like 1

He also has possible addiction issues as well.

On 23/04/2024 at 11:52, YoungWillz said:

Neighbours and Home And Away actor Orpheus Pledger is "on the run" after an alleged assault on a woman: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13339119/Orpheus-Pledger-Manhunt-Home-Away.html

Previous arrest for drug possession.

He's 30.

Orpheus Pledger: Home and Away star arrested after Australian manhunt - BBC News

4 minutes ago, time said:

He should have used his Underworld connections.

Drive boy dive boy dirty numb angel boy ......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

American actress Marla Adams (Wiki) who played Dina Mergeron on The Young and the Restless, for which she received Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, dead at 85

image.png.40b37d3bb8ed818533a622a4bcc4eb47.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 01/04/2024 at 15:46, YoungWillz said:

Reveals she battled womb cancer several years ago. https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/eastenders-cheryl-fergison-details-how-32690072

• Like 1

On 23/02/2024 at 14:05, Bibliogryphon said:

Anne Reid showed up at the BAFTAs yesterday as she was nominated for that crime miniseries. Looked great for someone nearly ninety. (Also future DLer imo.)

I've no idea why the forum has quoted Biblio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anne Reid out with her friend Caroline Quentin at the Chelsea Flower Show. Anne pops up in Caroline's social media quite often, so a good means of keeping tabs on her.

Screenshot_20240520_151642_Instagram.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, prussianblue said:

Anne Reid out with her friend Caroline Quentin at the Chelsea Flower Show. Anne pops up in Caroline's social media quite often, so a good means of keeping tabs on her.

Screenshot_20240520_151642_Instagram.jpg

They look like they could be pretty much the same age not 25 years apart. 

15 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

They look like they could be pretty much the same age not 25 years apart. 

Actually I think Anne looks younger! 

• Like 1

Helen Worth is retiring from Corrie. She has been on notably reduced apperence rate for a few years now (Only 13 apperences to date this year) so I do worry about her health. 

32 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Helen Worth is retiring from Corrie. She has been on notably reduced apperence rate for a few years now (Only 13 apperences to date this year) so I do worry about her health. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/28280224/helen-worth-deal-bill-roache-coronation-street-record/#:~:text=CORRIE'S Helen Worth has signed,of 4%2C773 as Ken Barlow.

This is the story in The Sun yesterday claiming that Helen Worth has signed a new deal with episodes to topple the appearance record of William Roache. That was clearly BS given it has been announced everywhere today that she is leaving at the end of the year!

Just now, Dead Wait said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/28280224/helen-worth-deal-bill-roache-coronation-street-record/#:~:text=CORRIE'S Helen Worth has signed,of 4%2C773 as Ken Barlow.

This is the story in The Sun yesterday claiming that Helen Worth has signed a new deal with episodes to topple the appearance record of William Roache. That was clearly BS given it has been announced everywhere today that she is leaving at the end of the year!

The Sun? Bullshit?? Well get away!

• Like 2

Just now, Dead Wait said:

Maybe they got confused by hearing she had signed a new contract and thought it was a normal length one rather a just an extension to fit an exit date (Soap actors often sign short term contracts if it’s decided it’s better for the show for them to exit not at the time of the year when they contract expires but at a different time.)

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I'm not concerned about her health in all honesty, I have two theories. Either she's quit because she has had nothing to do for the past few years or she's wanted to go for a while (explaining why she's not been in it much) but wanted to get to 50 years on the Street.

6 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I'm not concerned about her health in all honesty, I have two theories. Either she's quit because she has had nothing to do for the past few years or she's wanted to go for a while (explaining why she's not been in it much) but wanted to get to 50 years on the Street.

Theory 3 - they were in contract negotiations and ITV were no longer going to pay her as much as she has been earning so decided in that moment that this was time to hang up her (insert here something Gail Platt is known for other than ex husbands).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Theory 3 - they were in contract negotiations and ITV were no longer going to pay her as much as she has been earning so decided in that moment that this was time to hang up her (insert here something Gail Platt is known for other than ex husbands).

Maybe but she says she told them she was leaving at the start of the year. 

1 hour ago, Dead Wait said:

time to hang up her (insert here something Gail Platt is known for other than ex husbands).

Golf clubs? Sex toys? Limited edition Dalí prints?

I don’t know what Gail is famous for, but I remember her being said to resemble a ‘patronising pigeon’  in the Guardian’s Tapehead column. Well, she does. 

Anne Kent, Irish actress who, for the purposes of this thread, appeared in the Irish soap Fair City and Coronation Street, reportedly dead: https://www.thesun.ie/tv/13114017/fair-city-anne-kent-suddenly-dead-tribute-funeral-details/

Rather better known here for her roles in The Commitments and the movie PS I Love You.

• Like 1

William Russell (one of many to marry Rita  Fairclough in Coronation Street) has died aged 99 - 6 months short of his century. He was a dashing Sir Lancelot in the 50's & an original companion of Dr Who in 1963. When he had a cameo in Dr Who in 2022, it was the longest period between appearances for an actor playing the same role. It was 57 years between his last appearance in 1965 & his next one.

• Facepalm 2

9 minutes ago, The Watcher said:

William Russell (one of many to marry Rita  Fairclough in Coronation Street) has died aged 99 - 6 months short of his century. He was a dashing Sir Lancelot in the 50's & an original companion of Dr Who in 1963. When he had a cameo in Dr Who in 2022, it was the longest period between appearances for an actor playing the same role. It was 57 years between his last appearance in 1965 & his next one.

Already posted

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/10507-william-russell/?do=findComment&comment=644538