Death Star

Kirk Douglas

Guest Guest

Jim Callaghan died 3 days after his wife

Yeah, but he got hammered for death duties and died of shame cos he'd passed the law in first place.

• Like 4

Kirk Douglas was last married to her in 1951!!!!!

Not like they had any recent history, is it..........

• Like 2

I just realised it would have been so funny if he'd died right after that Don't Panic guy. Then we could have called it "The Dunn-Kirk Evacuation"!

his death will be a complete waste now whenever it is

• Like 1

They got on even after the split and even acted together in It Runs in the family so I don`t think he will be pleased she has gone.

Shaun, let me quote parts from a 2000 article about Michael and Catherine's then upcoming wedding.

Michael's father, Kirk, has threatened to boycott the wedding if his "blabbermouth" former wife, Diana Dill, attends after she accused him of being a drug-addicted, "sexually voracious bird of prey" in her autobiography.

and

He is said still to be furious at the autobiography in which Diana Dill described their seven-year marriage, which ended when Michael was six years old. Dill, 77, who admitted to an affair with Errol Flynn during the marriage, said in the book that the Hollywood parties she hosted with her husband were "a real Bacchanalia".

The memoir was published in 1999: http://www.amazon.com/In-Wings-Diana-Douglas-Darrid/dp/1569801517

Since they, as you say, appeared in a film together in 2003, they either reconciled or only agreed to appear in it for financial reasons.

• Like 1

They got on even after the split and even acted together in It Runs in the family so I don`t think he will be pleased she has gone.

Shaun, let me quote parts from a 2000 article about Michael and Catherine's then upcoming wedding.

Michael's father, Kirk, has threatened to boycott the wedding if his "blabbermouth" former wife, Diana Dill, attends after she accused him of being a drug-addicted, "sexually voracious bird of prey" in her autobiography.

and

He is said still to be furious at the autobiography in which Diana Dill described their seven-year marriage, which ended when Michael was six years old. Dill, 77, who admitted to an affair with Errol Flynn during the marriage, said in the book that the Hollywood parties she hosted with her husband were "a real Bacchanalia".

The memoir was published in 1999: http://www.amazon.com/In-Wings-Diana-Douglas-Darrid/dp/1569801517

Since they, as you say, appeared in a film together in 2003, they either reconciled or only agreed to appear in it for financial reasons.

I bet more people read it after Kirk complained about its contents.

Remember they are both actors*

* = Professional liars

Guest Just me

I could be wrong, but I believe that Charlton Heston will die before Kirk Douglas does.

FUCK these posts are 10 years old and probably some of the posters are now dead.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Charlton Heston will die before Kirk Douglas does.

FUCK these posts are 10 years old and probably some of the posters are now dead.

this guy was right though.

10 years seems like a very small timeline for "some" of the posters to be dead.

I can't say that in my own circle of friends, colleagues and family that anyone has died in the last 10 years and I'm sure this would be the case for most people. Odd comment......

I can't say that in my own circle of friends, colleagues and family that anyone has died in the last 10 years and I'm sure this would be the case for most people. Odd comment......

Really? I know quite a few people who have died in the last 10 years, and there are numerous other posters who have mentioned their own bereavements.

Think your comment is the odd one.

Really? I know quite a few people who have died in the last 10 years, and there are numerous other posters who have mentioned their own bereavements.

I've been to 5 funerals in the past 10 years, plus know of relatives of friends who have passed away but I wasn't able to attend due to having to travel great distances.

• Like 1

I've been to 5 funerals in the past 10 years, plus know of relatives of friends who have passed away but I wasn't able to attend due to having to travel great distances.

I'm guessing it's an age-dependent comment. I was to maybe 7 funerals ever before I was 35, but now relatives and parents of good friends or old neighbours are all on the fringe of life. It's a pleasant surprise after 40 if you don't attend an annual funeral. Shit, the pub I go to regularly the past 8 years has buried at least 4 people I can think of.

But yes suggesting even at a young age that you go more than a decade without someone close dying is obtuse.

SC

I'm guessing it's an age-dependent comment. I was to maybe 7 funerals ever before I was 35, but now relatives and parents of good friends or old neighbours are all on the fringe of life. It's a pleasant surprise after 40 if you don't attend an annual funeral. Shit, the pub I go to regularly the past 8 years has buried at least 4 people I can think of.

But yes suggesting even at a young age that you go more than a decade without someone close dying is obtuse.

SC

Just going off the last decade, I can think of ten relatives (most of old age bar my uncle), 2 in-laws (old age), and two pals of ours (old age, lung cancer) who have died.

Comes with the territory of having a large family and wide age gaps in social circles.

I agree with Dead Wait. Statistically speaking, it's unlikely that any of the posters from 10 years ago were above retirement age. Thus, the statistical likelihood of any of them being dead today is fairly small. Of course, it's certainly possible, but guest's comment would've suited better had he referred to posters from the 1970s/1980s instead. (Not that Internet existed then, but you get the idea).

I agree with Dead Wait. Statistically speaking, it's unlikely that any of the posters from 10 years ago were above retirement age. Thus, the statistical likelihood of any of them being dead today is fairly small. Of course, it's certainly possible, but guest's comment would've suited better had he referred to posters from the 1970s/1980s instead. (Not that Internet existed then, but you get the idea).

It did actually

In the last 8 years I have been to ten funerals.3 grandparents 4 neighbours a great uncle a close friend of my grandparents and a schoolfriend.I am only 20 so that is quite a lot at my age but apart from my friend who was 18 all the others were aged between 80 and 94.

In the last 8 years I have been to ten funerals.3 grandparents 4 neighbours a great uncle a close friend of my grandparents and a schoolfriend.I am only 20 so that is quite a lot at my age but apart from my friend who was 18 all the others were aged between 80 and 94.

how did you friend die?

Hit by a van.

I've only been to 1 funeral. It was my great-grandmother's on January 21, 2015.

Of course, there have been great-great-aunts and great-uncles and second cousins twice removed and parents' acquaintances and people-whom-I-used-to-go-to-the-same-school-with who have died. But I never went to any of their funerals. Why? Because I wasn't close to any of them. Some of these people I didn't even know. And also, nobody really expects a 10-13 year old (my ages when all these people died) to attend any funerals.

Anyways, now that I'm back in the USA, I'm far, far, away from my family (except most aunts, uncles, cousins, and of course my immediate family), and all of my old relatives, since they're in Poland.

So I won't be going to any funerals anytime soon, unless it's a grandparent. Then I'll have to fly to Poland.

Oops, I don't want to jinx things. Of course there is a chance that I'll have to attend a funeral in the USA, you never know, a young person can die too.

Hit by a van.

that unfortunate my condolences
  • Like 1

Guest KeiraV

Can he outlive Olivia de Havilland?

Was wondering this earlier when I tried to make a list of survivors from the Golden Age of Hollywood.I reckon Kirk will go first.

Was wondering this earlier when I tried to make a list of survivors from the Golden Age of Hollywood.I reckon Kirk will go first.

Of course Kirk will go first; women always live longer than men.

Guest KeiraV

What about Olivia VS Zsa Zsa?