Windsor

Deathlist On The Net

Guest welshman

Hmmm, the KOS freesheet group have their headquarters just down the road from the current abode of a certain Welsh person, any connection, and - if so - can we take the Duke of Edinburgh prediction as a given for next year's top 50?

errr no and no :-)

I haven't actually read it yet, but there's an interview with Eddie Mair in this weeks Radio Times where he talks about using Death List.

The DL, to which Eddie confesses to be "strangely drawn", gets a paragraph in a page-long meditation on the ups and downs of celebrity death. He's a bit concerned at 2010's current poor performance, but I'd say that, on the whole, he's a fan. I wonder if he's an active member or just a lurking guest.

And no, I don't (and didn't) buy the Radio Times. Thanks, WH Smith.

I shall make the effort to go to WH Smiths today to read (not buy) the RT. I like Eddie, he's a breath of fresh air on PM on Radio4 in the evening, and I enjoy my drive home with his news programme.

For those who are unfamiliar with said personage:

eddie_mair.jpg

Radio 4, IMO, is the natural station of choice for discerning Deathlisters. As well as Eddie they offer us a host of programming that seems just made for people who obsess about Celebrity (in its widest and purist form) Death.

Obviously there is their weekly round up of stiffs in The Last Word (Sunday 8.30pm repeated Friday 4pm) but there are also a host of programmes that might inspire new entries to the list and the best of these is probably The Reunion with Sue McGregor who collects people together who have an insight into a major political or social event and naturally enought many of these are extremely elderly.

There is also the entire cast of the Archers (think Last of the Summer Wine only less movement) and anyone who is a guest on Desert Island Discs must be a candidate.

Wasn't sure where to put this one but it could be significant.

I think the announcement had to wait until the end of Frankie Boyle's libel action in case they had to drop him.

I understand that Channel 5 (in the UK) have commissioned a company called 104 Productions to make a 13 part series which is provisionally titled Last Orders which is intended to be an irreverent obituary show. It will air monthly during 2013 but there will be a launch show in December 2012 where viewers will be invited to submit a list of celebrities who may well die during the year (sound familiar?). The series will be hour long episodes probably aimed at late Saturday nights hosted by Frankie Boyle and Holly Willoughby. No more details as yet.

Should we sue or welcome them with open arms?

Sounds like a load of bullshit. Soon as the name Holly Willoughby was mentioned, I'm not buying it...

Sounds like a load of bullshit. Soon as the name Holly Willoughby was mentioned, I'm not buying it...

Holly Willoughby is almost ubiquitous on TV at the moment. She is now touting herself as the new Cilla Black with the unwelcome resurrection of Surprise Surprise.

Holly Willoughby is almost ubiquitous on TV at the moment. She is now touting herself as the new Cilla Black with the unwelcome resurrection of Surprise Surprise.

True, but a programme about predicting deaths of celebrities? A bridge too far me reckons.

Holly Willoughby is a bit of an enigma. She has one of those faces that screams beautiful or fucking hideous.

Her looks matter not tho as, seemingly, if you are married to a TV producer and have big tits, you will get on in the cut and thrust World of television presenting.

• Like 1

Anything ch 4 or 5 put on wouldn't surprise me.

Unless it was well made and discrete

Holly Willoughby is a bit of an enigma. She has one of those faces that screams beautiful or fucking hideous.

Her looks matter not tho as, seemingly, if you are married to a TV producer and have big tits, you will get on in the cut and thrust World of television presenting.

Indeed, my betrothed is often saying how much he'd like to finger her.

But I agree with TMIB - Frankie Boyle, yes, but there's no way squeaky-clean Holly would do a show like this.

But I agree with TMIB - Frankie Boyle, yes, but there's no way squeaky-clean Holly would do a show like this.

OK OK There is not a shred of truth in this post but I kept being annoyed by the presence of HW on everyshow without any evidence of talent or charisma and began to think what I would like her to present. When I did get round to writing the post I did think she let the authenticity down but I could not think of a suitable replacement. I briefly thought of Peaches Geldof but considering what happened to her mother I thought it in poor taste.

I hope it is to my credit that I cannot readily bring to mind talentless media hungry bimbos from the depths of ITV.

I hope you at least enjoyed the thought and would really like to watch the show - in your imagination

OK OK There is not a shred of truth in this post but I kept being annoyed by the presence of HW on everyshow without any evidence of talent or charisma and began to think what I would like her to present. When I did get round to writing the post I did think she let the authenticity down but I could not think of a suitable replacement. I briefly thought of Peaches Geldof but considering what happened to her mother I thought it in poor taste.

I hope it is to my credit that I cannot readily bring to mind talentless media hungry bimbos from the depths of ITV.

I hope you at least enjoyed the thought and would really like to watch the show - in your imagination

I'll have my agent keep her eyes peeled all the same.

Hold on a minute so what i have gathered from the last couple of posts I have read (and tell me if im wrong btw) is that there is going to be a show or a show is in the works that predicts celebrities deaths and it will be presented by holly Willoughby ?

That is either the biggest wind up ever or its so unbelievable it just might be true.

Now I've thought about it, I'd probably finger her as well.

If there are any TV executives reading this and think this would be a brilliant show. I will offer my services as a presenter as I am as attracrtive as Frankie Boyle and as witty as Holly Willoughby and more importantly considerable cheaper!

Mahmoud%2BAhmadinejad.jpg

If there are any TV executives reading this and think this would be a brilliant show. I will offer my services as a presenter as I am as attracrtive as Frankie Boyle and as witty as Holly Willoughby and more importantly considerable cheaper!

That's fine, but would I want to finger you?

Re the welcome/sue option trailed above. We'd have no option but to welcome. You can't legally copyright an idea (only the interpretation and realisation of an idea) and DL wasn't exactly the first place online or anywhere in public to discuss impending celebrity death. Frankie Boyle would be perfectm, surpassable only by Gerry Sadowitz IMHO, but TV wouldn't touch Gerry.

We're literally the only google hit for "frankie boyle 104 productions" or "last orders 104 productions".

Also the top match for "104 Productions" is these guys, who don't look like they'd be up to the task of producing a celeb obit TV show.

381344_255322397855726_624873430_n.jpg

That's fine, but would I want to finger you?

Madam, I could not possibly comment

Re the welcome/sue option trailed above. We'd have no option but to welcome. You can't legally copyright an idea (only the interpretation and realisation of an idea) and DL wasn't exactly the first place online or anywhere in public to discuss impending celebrity death. Frankie Boyle would be perfectm, surpassable only by Gerry Sadowitz IMHO, but TV wouldn't touch Gerry.

Oh I don't know, Sadowitz does make the occasional foray into tv, he had a fairly lengthy run on Channel 5 didn't he? May not last tho, he's not renowned for his diplomacy

There's a fairly strong liklihood that the DL will get a shout out on Miskin Radio's Strange Fruit show this Sunday...the self-same show might also feature a double shot of Harry Mac's band. I'll keep yers posted!

• Like 1