Windsor

Deathlist On The Net

This was almost inevitable after the mention in the beeb, I actually said as much just got which rag would go for it wrong and the headline wrong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36108133

In case anyone's curious as to what BBC link. They seem to share our general assessment on the forums recently, I'm starting to wonder if Nick Serpel is actually a DL user. Ironically I read that article as a way to kill time while I couldn't get on to the site, got half way down and burst into uncontrollable laughter as it suddenly dawned on me why I couldn't get on the site.

I wonder if there's a DM article in this once they discover this site "The twisted interneters who predict the deaths of celebrities"

I might be wrong but I think we've had "bad" (I use the term loosely all press is good) press before and it's blown over. My response is I've learnt about the achievements of hundreds, if not thousands, of people they've probably never heard of through this site in three years. It's a shame that recognition has only arrived after their death but hey-ho. Nobody actively wants the celebrities who they picked in pools to die, we're just using common sense and a bit of nouse to say "it looks as though they might die." If 20 out of 20 of my picks in the DDP survived and maintained good health I'd be delighted at their resilience, given the reason they'd even made it into the list was that being a slim chance.

On another note, we've been online for over a (if not two) decade(s), so why are we suddenly news?

Exactly, the Scum said 'off the back of the deaths of Prince and Bowie', hmmm I think we've been around quite a way before they kicked the bucket but why let facts get in the way of a story? I'd rather eat fleas out of my cat's ass than buy that utter cockwipe.

This was almost inevitable after the mention in the beeb, I actually said as much just got which rag would go for it wrong and the headline wrong:

In case anyone's curious as to what BBC link. They seem to share our general assessment on the forums recently, I'm starting to wonder if Nick Serpel is actually a DL user. Ironically I read that article as a way to kill time while I couldn't get on to the site, got half way down and burst into uncontrollable laughter as it suddenly dawned on me why I couldn't get on the site.

I wonder if there's a DM article in this once they discover this site "The twisted interneters who predict the deaths of celebrities"

I might be wrong but I think we've had "bad" (I use the term loosely all press is good) press before and it's blown over. My response is I've learnt about the achievements of hundreds, if not thousands, of people they've probably never heard of through this site in three years. It's a shame that recognition has only arrived after their death but hey-ho. Nobody actively wants the celebrities who they picked in pools to die, we're just using common sense and a bit of nouse to say "it looks as though they might die." If 20 out of 20 of my picks in the DDP survived and maintained good health I'd be delighted at their resilience, given the reason they'd even made it into the list was that being a slim chance.

On another note, we've been online for over a (if not two) decade(s), so why are we suddenly news?

Exactly, the Scum said 'off the back of the deaths of Prince and Bowie', hmmm I think we've been around quite a way before they kicked the bucket but why let facts get in the way of a story? I'd rather eat fleas out of my cat's ass than buy that utter cockwipe.

At first glance this would appear to be a fairly original opinion. I am now given to understand that it is actually an appropriate alternative to 'good morning' in a certain northwestern city in our fair land. Personally, I agree with you and indeed them.

• Like 1

This is why I wince every time I read a post here where the poster is actively encouraging someone to die, or expressing the wish that someone will die*.

It's not what the site is about, and it gives fuel to the kind of trashy tabloid articles we're seeing.

Only a few members are guilty of this, so take note please.

*apart from mass murderers, evil dictators and the like, obv.

• Like 2

Aye, though they needn't die either for this. See the number of times someone mentions an aging celeb in the Ideas or other threads only to find other regulars going "Wow, didn't know they were still going!" Or when the careers of, say, Winkle Brown, are "bigged up", as it were, by MPFC long before their death.

These conversations always remind me of Anne Feeney. I wouldn't have heard of her if it weren't for DDT, and that was only because she was potentially terminally ill. So I began to listen to her music, and it was right down my street. Long story short, she actually beat the cancer, and is still around now, so, while death is a common partner of the deathlist, the breadth of learning need not always be linked with the Reaper.

Anyhow, The Sun and the Express, or any other paper of that ilk calling deadpoolers sick? Sick in my mind is publishing photos of 15 and 16 year old girls with the "all grown up" thing. Sick is colluding with the police and Irvine Patnick over Hillsborough and feigning ignorance. Sick is crashing an accident tribunals to ask underage girls about their sex lives, forcing your way to someone's deathbed to demand they confess dying of AIDS, celebrating the death (and making light of the disfiguring injuries) of soldiers in a stupid war.

The News of the World claimed the Derby Dead Pool was sick, and yet which one of them hacked the mobile phone of a murder victim, and then used it after she was dead, thus convincing police and family that she was still alive?

Fuck them, the sick bastards.

• Like 12

The BBC used the link to our site to support their More Celebrities are Dying narrative but it doesn't stack up because just because the list is the same size every year all it means is that our committee are getting better at picking them. We could have a massive hit rate or none at all but loads of other celebs could be dying (or not) off list.

Having said that my game at work has a record breaking eight hits for the month of March.

Was hoping that all this increased interest would see DDT turn up on TV as a "celebrity mortality expert" talking head.

• Like 6

Was hoping that all this increased interest would see DDT turn up on TV as a "celebrity mortality expert" talking head.

Under Section 29 of the Broadcasting Act (soon to be brought back by Whittingdale to deal with BBC presenters), DDT's words will be spoken by an actor. Either that, or they'll get him to take hellium first.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with The Sun for fear of filling my anus with even more shit.

There used to be a pub just outside London that had pages of the Sun, Express and Mail in the toilets for you to use to wipe your arse with if you didn't want to use regular toilet paper.

• Like 2

I wouldn't wipe my ass with The Sun for fear of filling my anus with even more shit.

There used to be a pub just outside London that had pages of the Sun, Express and Mail in the toilets for you to use to wipe your arse with if you didn't want to use regular toilet paper.

Yeah The Black Arse Inn - remember it well

• Like 3

If someone started a weekly Deathlist Vlog to try and sell the concept of what the TV series would look like. Do you think a suitable theme tune would be Waiting For A Star to Fall?

• Like 2

If someone started a weekly Deathlist Vlog to try and sell the concept of what the TV series would look like. Do you think a suitable theme tune would be Waiting For A Star to Fall?

Ha! We joked about a theme song for our DP and had a few good suggestions, Jim Carroll's 'People Who Died' being tops I reckon.

SC

In Deathlist terms, former graduate Warren Zevon's Life'll Kill Ya works. As does his wonderful outlook on death, My Shit's Fucked Up.

How about this one? Goldie Lookin Chain's Who's Next, which I only realised existed a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

Pete & Dud's 'Goodbye'.

I stand by my comments from last April.

Heh, I just showed that to The Wife as she didn't see it at the time. Her response? "Oh, you and your soapbox!" :lol:

It amuses me that, despite their faux outrage, precious few of their readers seem to give a fuck, judging by the below-the-line comments.

The site's also called 'sick' on the 'Unilad' website, though I believe 'sick' can have a different meaning amongst today's yoof.

• Like 1

"Unilad" (christ) has the kind of audience size & reach Sun writers like to kid themselves they still have.

I'd actually be scared for the site if I thought a single one of them had 2 IQ points to choke on.

Hi Z :)

• Like 3

Someone told me what that meant via PM and i have to tell you that "believing all new members are old ones in disguise" has always been one of the biggest signs of a group in decline. Or just you being a bored and listless douche. I dont know. Be careful cause it doesnt chime with the moderator giving the "we have so much traffic" talk the other day haha.

I'm a fairly new member myself. I'm not however, new to forums in general. Forums always have a liberal sprinkling of complete and utter ****s. As sure as night follows day, total t***pots sign up to forums. They can't help themselves. New members are always observed by older members with scepticism and suspicion for fear we are previous ****s returning the settle old scores.

Best way, if you wish to stick around for the craic, is trust in peoples' ability to analyse who are the ****s over time. One day they will call you friend. Or not. Let your posts stand as an example of your character. Advice of a probbie there. :)

Oh, and Welcome! :D

Hi Z :)

I don't think that's him. He had a certain posting 'style' that is ummistakable, lol. In any case, all this guessing back and forth about who is whose sixty-seventh account or whatever won't lead anywhere. If anything, Caisson sounds a bit like Charon. Hmm. :P

Anyone that uses 'douche' is a cunt. No offence , but you're pretty much nailed as a cunt from now on.

Pish avatar, shite style of posting, use of 'douche', you are Zyklon.

• Like 1