Windsor

Deathlist On The Net

''The top comment on the forum on the scientific genius questions whether his wife is still beating him up before claiming that his helpers are being more watchful now. This seems to annoy members as they believe it will allow Hawking to live longer. Enough said''

Surely this must be sarcasm he can't be serious.

I wonder who said this btw , i wanna like the post lol.

He is getting divorced from his 2nd wife - the one who supposedly beats him up.

Hawking Divorce

That may improve his survival odds.

DWB :(

there ya go :D

• Like 1

There is this forum website called The 110 Club Est. 2007. Funny that the text says History lives among us...then they have pictures of two dead people. http://z3.invisionfr...topic=414&st=15

Anyways, someone mentioned deathlist there.

" Swerve17

p_quote.gif

Top Ten

orange.giforange.giforange.giforange.giforange.gif

Group: Trusted Members

Member No.: 628

spacer.gif

Its better than this site-

www.deathlist.com

Thats not about supers, or even centenarians but the whole idea is at the start of the year they look at celebrities at outline 50 they think will be dead by the end of the year.

I think thats in pretty bad taste anyway, but some of the posts on the forum are pretty saddening.

• Like 1

I think thats in pretty bad taste anyway, but some of the posts on the forum are pretty saddening.

Dunno about "saddening", but some posts are certainly annoying.

I am not sure why anyone that 110+ site would be offended since what they are doing is also sorta sport betting on people in it's own way.

We've talked about the 110 Club before, I like them, they're basically our non-evil twins.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

There is this forum website called The 110 Club Est. 2007. Funny that the text says History lives among us...then they have pictures of two dead people. http://z3.invisionfr...topic=414&st=15

Anyways, someone mentioned deathlist there.

" Swerve17

p_quote.gif

Top Ten

orange.giforange.giforange.giforange.giforange.gif

Group: Trusted Members

Member No.: 628

spacer.gif

Its better than this site-

www.deathlist.com

Thats not about supers, or even centenarians but the whole idea is at the start of the year they look at celebrities at outline 50 they think will be dead by the end of the year.

thanks for the ad swerve17 . feel free to join in anytime ! :salute:

The French language version of Slate, slate.fr, has an article about DL: Deathlist, le site cynique qui essaie de prédire la mort des célébrités. Apparently we're cynics. :D

Another decided that predict the names was not enough and has chosen sixteen people in the list by setting itself the aim of giving the date of their death!

RadGuy becomes internationally famous!

• Like 2

The famous French are having a hard time of it this year so far. It's not unreasonable that when their names are appearing here, they comment upon it.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

CNN Chile has an article on Deathlist's first 2016 hit

CNN chile if you are watching do a special on me
  • Like 1

It's been a heavy month with lots of big deaths and traffic - I'm sure that was it, unless Canada went mad for us.

I was a bit lost without the forum to randomly check during the day. Bit sad, I know, but after so many years, you get used to routine.

• Like 2

Some direct advice for the Deathlist: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2016/01/28/its-not-just-the-classic-rockers-who-are-dying.html

Even a link to here, how kind!

And was this the story that took down our site for nearly 24 hours?

you too,huh?

Some direct advice for the Deathlist: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2016/01/28/its-not-just-the-classic-rockers-who-are-dying.html

you too,huh?

A quote from that article:

The sad fact is, once these legacy acts pack it in sometime this decade, there will be a gaping maw on the stadium circuit that has traditionally given bands a boost long after their commercial heyday.

So goodbye classic rock. It’s been a sweet ride, but all good things must come to an end.

Debateable IMHO, I could see the surviving grungers, Brit Pop and every fame-hungry whore that ever bought a Madonna CD filling stadiums and simply explanding the rock brand and claiming their own work as 'classic'

• Like 1

Aye, the 80s bands should be good for a few more tours, then there's the inevitable Oasis comeback, and so on...

Just wait till the Bieber '28 Comeback Show is spoken of in hushed tones.

you too,huh?

The sad fact is, once these legacy acts pack it in sometime this decade, there will be a gaping maw on the stadium circuit that has traditionally given bands a boost long after their commercial heyday.

So goodbye classic rock. It’s been a sweet ride, but all good things must come to an end.

Debateable IMHO, I could see the surviving grungers, Brit Pop and every fame-hungry whore that ever bought a Madonna CD filling stadiums and simply explanding the rock brand and claiming their own work as 'classic'

I don't think people have the same connection en masse to artists the way people did to artists from the 60's and 70's. Although I still like a lot of acts I did in my school days unlike my parents I would rather see a new indie rock or local act in concert then see Blur,Massive Attack,No Doubt,Silverchair etc or other act's from that era just sing a bunch of hits from 20 + years ago

you too,huh?

I don't think people have the same connection en masse to artists the way people did to artists from the 60's and 70's. Although I still like a lot of acts I did in my school days unlike my parents I would rather see a new indie rock or local act in concert then see Blur,Massive Attack,No Doubt,Silverchair etc or other act's from that era just sing a bunch of hits from 20 + years ago

A fair point but the article ranting about the end of classic rock and stadium fillers misses a point about a mile wide. Those 60's and 70's bands to whom people had a massive connection played some of their definitive gigs in halls containing a few thousand people at most. As they got older and their core audience aged everyone finally got to a point of more disposable income; by which point commercial radio was also targeting them and their spending power. So many bands see record sales fall and ticket sales rise as they get older; especially if they are prepared to do the package thing and play on a multi-artist bill. Many artists in heavy rotation on classic rock radio were never regarded as making classic music when they were charting; and that'll be the same going forward.

Rant over

Just off to the lab where it appears someone has found a distinctive signet ring in a lump of tiger shit.