Windsor

Deathlist On The Net

Good because most of them are cunts.

Oh, I don't know, most of them seem to be taking an interest. There's only a couple being po-faced about it.

The Corrie Fan vehemently defending us is me, the rest seem a bit luke-warm about it. (the site that is)

There's a fair few naturals in though, that woman who got Denise Robertson deserves a gold medal.

• Like 1

That's not news. When Clive Dunn turned 90, a few folk mentioned he was a Deathlist favourite, which caused some controversy. Deadpooling is one of the oldest and controversial arts. A certain pre-eminent European academy's members bet money a number of years ago on which of the immortals would be the next to snuff it. I'd guess in comparison this site is fairly friendly in spirit!

Also, Corrie_Fan2 is Deathray? Well, I never saw that one coming. Colour me shocked and all that jazz.

That's not news. When Clive Dunn turned 90, a few folk mentioned he was a Deathlist favourite, which caused some controversy. Deadpooling is one of the oldest and controversial arts. A certain pre-eminent European academy's members bet money a number of years ago on which of the immortals would be the next to snuff it. I'd guess in comparison this site is fairly friendly in spirit!

Also, Corrie_Fan2 is Deathray? Well, I never saw that one coming. Colour me shocked and all that jazz.

Sarcasm, I assume?

Sarcasm, I assume?

And there was me thinking West of Scotland deadpan humour didn't need emoticons to translate it anymore.

Duh!

Oh, I don't know, most of them seem to be taking an interest. There's only a couple being po-faced about it.

The Corrie Fan vehemently defending us is me, the rest seem a bit luke-warm about it. (the site that is)

There's a fair few naturals in though, that woman who got Denise Robertson deserves a gold medal.

For all the sniffiness they seemed to take to the debate quite naturally.

Need to come up with some better names though.

For all the sniffiness they seemed to take to the debate quite naturally.

Need to come up with some better names though.

It does, however, help explain the Drop Forty.

"Uh, yeah, the Queens bloke is quite old, innit he?"

*adds to DDP team*

• Like 3

Blimey, that BBC link's causing traffic problems this morning.

Ah! that's it, of course. I was hoping it wasn't just me.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36108133

In case anyone's curious as to what BBC link. They seem to share our general assessment on the forums recently, I'm starting to wonder if Nick Serpel is actually a DL user. Ironically I read that article as a way to kill time while I couldn't get on to the site, got half way down and burst into uncontrollable laughter as it suddenly dawned on me why I couldn't get on the site.

I wonder if there's a DM article in this once they discover this site "The twisted interneters who predict the deaths of celebrities"

Blimey, that BBC link's causing traffic problems this morning.

Ah! that's it, of course. I was hoping it wasn't just me.

• Like 1

the (rather morbid) website deathlist.net

We ain't morbid (well apart from the Kid).

Guest Paddy

You never know, it might bring in some fun new forum members...

So that's why things have been so slow.

Its just a passing phase, it will settle down, eventually.

What's this in reference to, if it's celebrity deaths the general consensus is you're wrong.

Does anybody with power have access to traffic stats for yesterday and today to see how much a mention from the BBC increases our visitors.

What's this in reference to, if it's celebrity deaths the general consensus is you're wrong.

Does anybody with power have access to traffic stats for yesterday and today to see how much a mention from the BBC increases our visitors.

210 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

21 members, 187 guests, 2 anonymous users (See full list)

Not official stats, but easily available from forum front page.

• Like 1

Its not the first time the forum has been swamped by visitors after a 'significant death' and the forum traffic has settled down after.

Celebrity deaths are really what this place thrives on, the fact that we are on a run of them doesn't mean that it will continue in the same vein throughout the year.

A bit surprised that it still isn't enough to crack the all-time record. Anyone remembered what prompted traffic on 3 December last year again?

A bit surprise that it still isn't enough to crack the all-time record. Anyone remembered what prompted traffic on 3 December last year again?

Was that when that national Chilean newspaper ran a story about us?

Its not the first time the forum has been swamped by visitors after a 'significant death' and the forum traffic has settled down after.

Celebrity deaths are really what this place thrives on, the fact that we are on a run of them doesn't mean that it will continue in the same vein throughout the year.

Every reliable source says that we are only just hitting the tip of an iceberg of celebrity deaths as the golden generation of famous people reach that age where they start dying. Along with the thousands left from the silver generation before them were in for a DL paradise of a high profile celebrity death a day within the next few years.

Every reliable source says that we are only just hitting the tip of an iceberg of celebrity deaths as the golden generation of famous people reach that age where they start dying. Along with the thousands left from the silver generation before them were in for a DL paradise of a high profile celebrity death a day within the next few years.

To use that term 'reliable source' is a bit bollocks, isn't it. Its not like there is a whole stream of correspondents out there that have particular knowledge that certain individuals are going to die this year making 2016 a wank fest of celebrity deaths.

Bowie, Victoria Wood and Prince, to name just three have died at ages not considered to be particularly vunerable to death by the hand of the Reaper.

Id say that this year, so far, has been more unusual than previous years in so much that certain celebrities have died in their prime, they were not viewed as 'old' or vunerable to medical conditions.

This golden generation is no more golden than the next. We have a zillion celebrities born in the 1940s, zillions in the 1950s and ditto in the 1960s.

Shit happens