Lady Die

The Deathlist Christmas Special!

On 11/12/2020 at 16:01, Toast said:

I wouldn't know, I just lurch from one old wreck to a slightly newer old wreck.

I used to do that. I got sick of spending weekends laying under the fucking things trying to get them fixed for the week day commute.

I bought a Vitara in January after the death of my much-loved Scenic, because I knew I’d be doing more miles this year and wanted a sturdy, reliable beast.  Turns out because my job has been confined to home I’ve only done the grand total of 1300 miles this whole year so could probably have done without a car completely. 

In the space of the year I had with my first car, the clutch went, the cambelt julienned itself, the heat shield dropped onto the exhaust, which in turn fell to the fucking floor, the gear linkage popped out, the front left suspension collapsed, the thermostat died and made the ECU go into impending doom mode and the water pump exploded (as in, kaboom, at 80mph, and showered the engine). Biggest pile of cunt going. Put me off old wrecks for life.

So here it is, Merry Christmas...

Not normally leaning this way but with Kier Starmer on this one to cancel Christmas. The news has started with people in stupid hats singing out of tune carols and spreading false cheer. Just bought a couple of advent calendars being delivered next week to have a mini binge with my bottle of spirits and Netflix. About as good as gets now, I'm not really sure what this celebration means now, it has become too commercial and people could do with a reassessment of what is important and what we should be grateful for.

Happy holidays when they occur and make an effort to make a life less lonely, they are not always the easiest to spot.

One benefit of shielding is the absence of Christmas canned music.  

• Like 2

Well, like I said, for us in the northern hemisphere it's really about the winter solstice and celebrating the start of longer daylight hours.  Which is nice :D

but people attach far too much importance to the crap that goes with it now. 

It was a mistake to encourage the idea that it's a special time when families get together.  That should have been squashed at the start, and people encouraged to aim for a spring reunion instead.

• Like 2

Christmas 2020 - a time for getting together with your elderly relatives and passing on the gift of covid so that you may start 2021 attending their funerals whilst cursing the fact that they were about a month from having had two vaccinations and being completely safe.

The reason why Christmas wasn't cancelled was a commercial one I'm sure - but with the right marketing imagine relaunching the whole of society normally at the start of March with 2 weeks off work and some special End of Covid celebrations to mimic a normal Christmas. 

I'm sure like lots of other people I'm up to my eye balls with Brexit data shit and if Christmas had been cancelled that would have been perfect. (Even better they could cancel fucking Brexit - the paperwork is mental).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Christmas 2020 - a time for getting together with your elderly relatives and passing on the gift of covid so that you may start 2021 attending their funerals whilst cursing the fact that they were about a month from having had two vaccinations and being completely safe.

It could be the last chance for many of our more mercenary citizens to kill off their elderly relatives and inherit a bigger estate, undiminished by residential or home care fees thanks to the swift delivery of Covid-19.  

Lots of death duties for UK plc and more money likely to be pumped into the local economy when the 'bereaved' next generation splash out on a Tesla or something.   

Merry Christmas! :skull:

2 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

It could be the last chance for many of our more mercenary citizens to kill off their elderly relatives and inherit a bigger estate, undiminished by residential or home care fees thanks to the swift delivery of Covid-19.  

Lots of death duties for UK plc and more money likely to be pumped into the local economy when the 'bereaved' next generation splash out on a Tesla or something.   

Dang!  I don't have any elderly relatives left.  <_<

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

Dang!  I don't have any elderly relatives left.  <_<

I am the elderly relative these days :wheelchair:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, time said:

I am the elderly relative these days :wheelchair:

We'll need to be extra careful then :D

1983605378_earlydoorstommy.JPG.2458b70e5680ffcd1bc6ec80614b3f2c.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I would certainly worry if my relatives suddenly started wanting to visit me as they never have before, time to raise the drawbridge, I want to spend all the money that I have left before I go.

• Like 2

Merry Christmas

Please be careful and don't ever drink or use drugs and drive, especially getting so close to Christmas as you are  likely to be stopped and breathalysed/swabbed.

Last night I had a few drinks at a friends. (All outside and social distancing!) I haven't drank for a couple years but with this year and how it's been I thought bugger it, why not. I'd had a couple of pints and then had a few whiskeys.  I knew was over the limit, so I decided to leave my car at my mates and took a bus home.

Sure enough, I passed by lots of police road blocks who were  pulling over drivers, but because I was in a bus they just waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a bus before and I am not even sure where I got it from.

Merry Christmas.

• Haha 3

Arseholes. Done. So bored I was doing sporcle music quizzes, and the first set of 50 has? Yeah. Shit.

How stupid am I?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Arseholes. Done. So bored I was doing sporcle music quizzes, and the first set of 50 has? Yeah. Shit.

How stupid am I?

I guess you're out too? 

35 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

I guess you're out too? 

Yeah. What a clown, a self-inflicted gun-shot.

Somebody was complaining about "Silver Bells" the other day, and I thought to myself,

"I don't think I've ever heard it."

Guess what happened today.  :rolleyes:

I'm still Wham-free though.  :D

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I'm gonna track you down, I know it's Oxfordshire'ish.

You know that scene from The Sopranos with his boat "The Stugo'ts" or whatever it's called?  On the lake outside the summer house he changed his mind about buying from the lawyer? Yeah, like that.

*this is a joke, I'm not a fucking stalker ok?

9 hours ago, Toast said:

Had a near miss the other day, Ken Bruce was kind enough to give a warning to all players. You're not on here are you Ken?

8 hours ago, En Passant said:

I'm gonna track you down, I know it's Oxfordshire'ish.

You know that scene from The Sopranos with his boat "The Stugo'ts" or whatever it's called?  On the lake outside the summer house he changed his mind about buying from the lawyer? Yeah, like that.

*this is a joke, I'm not a fucking stalker ok?

:unsure:  I've never seen The Sopranos  :unsure:

56 minutes ago, Toast said:

:unsure:  I've never seen The Sopranos  :unsure:

Ah, ok, well it's well thought of, if you like that sort of thing, should go in the what to watch on tv thread....

• Thanks 1

On 01/12/2020 at 00:10, The Quim Reaper said:

Who else is playing Whamageddon this year?

I enjoy taking part in this every year, not least because I fucking despise the song.

6BF58FBD-84A1-4E9E-A2BF-1C93850BC495.jpeg.618ef69259a2b6c6d4aa47ea9606b6f2.jpeg

I am out. Figured it would be sometimes listening to 80s radio that knocks me out...

Only it were 60s radio instead! Because the 60s channel has an upcoming special where they'll be playing Christmas songs from across seven decades, and the advertisement for it contains a brief snippet of Last Christmas.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

NOW BANNED

• Like 1

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer is 3:28 long. Roughly 38,000 Americans die annually in traffic accidents, which works out to about 104 a day, 4.3349 an hour, or 0.07225 a minute, 0.0012 a second. 3:28 is 208 seconds.

Or 208 x 0.0012 = about 1/4 of a person.

Thus, if you listen to Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer FOUR times, it quite likely went from fiction to reality.