maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Almost one for Possibilities (if you suspect a thin chance of a QO).  He's a nobody but his dad is certainly a somebody, whether that would be true in the UK media I shall let you determine.

Cleveland Cavaliers owner (and Quicken Loans guru, which is how he got the $ to buy the Cavs) Dan Gilbert says his son Nick survived eight hours of brain surgery.

Gilbert posted on Twitter that 21-year-old Nick was recovering after the operation on a tumour. The younger Gilbert was born with neurofibromatosis, a genetic nerve disorder that causes tumours to grow anywhere in the body.
SC

Dr. Phil McGraw‘s (Dr. Phil fame) sister-in-law Cindi Broaddus, who survived an acid attack 17 years ago, has passed away. She was 68.

Broaddus, who was the sister of Phil’s wife, Robin, died on Feb. 19, according to her obituary, and her funeral service was scheduled for Friday, Feb. 23 — her birthday.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 20:09, The Unknown Man said:

Witney Carson's father-in-law, Kevin McAllister, is battling pancreatic cancer and has only weeks to live.

One to watch for next year if he makes the starting line.

Kevin McAllister DEAD: http://people.com/tv/witney-carson-father-in-law-dies-cancer/

DDP pick.

36 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yes, a unique pick for Here's Who You Could Have Won.

I hear it was a case of "they'll never obit in a thousand years...or will they?" curiosity.

child's face on a man comes to mind

and Smiggle

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Please tell me I’m not the only one who thought Macaulay Culkin’s character in Home Alone every time I see his name.

You're not the only one haha 

Liz Hurleys nephew, Miles, repeatedly stabbed last Thursday in Battersea.

Not deid. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/liz-hurleys-model-nephew-miles-repeatedly-stabbed-in-london-street-attack-a3786521

14 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

A nun involved in a legal battle with Katy Perry drops dead in court after the $10m judgement goes against her.

That’s an abomination of the facts but the woman did drop dead you got that right.

I just read somewhere that Katie Price has offered to give her terminally ill mother a lung.

It didn't say whose.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I just read somewhere that Katie Price has offered to give her terminally ill mother a lung.

It didn't say whose.

The S*n has it

On 3/10/2018 at 14:07, Spade_Cooley said:

A nun involved in a legal battle with Katy Perry drops dead in court after the $10m judgement goes against her.

Swish swish bitch.... another one in the casket....

• Like 1

The Ottawa Senators  (NHL) say the son of captain Erik Karlsson has died.  “The collective thoughts and prayers of the Ottawa Senators organization, the city of Ottawa and entire hockey community rest with Erik and Melinda Karlsson following the loss of their son,” the team said in a release.  The couple announced in November that they were expecting their first child.
SC

BBC world news article on post September 11th cancers, name checks 3 dead firemen (related to it) from this month. No idea if they're on the DDP ala Ray Pfeifer.

I picked Sal Turturici in the Hare's as my Ray Pfeifer of 2018 and he was in my B-Team for a while but wasn't convinced of his QO in the end. But as we can see here, sometimes timing is everything.

Teresa Marie Conroy Geever, mother of Punk guitarist Justin Sane, a member of the punk rock group Anti Flag, has died aged 81. She died of colon cancer which was diagnosed in 2017.