maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Kate Granger to run a 10k for charity on July 12th. Donate here to alleviate some of the guilt for making her a starter on your DDP line-up.

The first half of the year (or actually the first four months only) had a terrific pace in DDP terms. But it seems that almost all candidates of the top teams still alive are unlikely to die. It looks like this group's chance of getting 100 points heavily depends on the health of Martin Crowe. If the current top teams have exhausted their potential after half the year already, maybe the winner will come out of left field.

I reckon my only real hopes of potential deaths from this point forward are Crowe, Beitzel, and Gross. The rest may as well be climbing mountains, it seems... I had a similar thing in my debut year where I got 11 hits by July 4 (death of Bernie Nolan) but the other 9 buggered on for the remainder of the year.

Looking at your sig Bryan Murray is someone on your DDP team I would be shocked if he made it to 2016 alive based on the last pic I saw of him.

Kate Granger to run a 10k for charity on July 12th. Donate here to alleviate some of the guilt for making her a starter on your DDP line-up.

The first half of the year (or actually the first four months only) had a terrific pace in DDP terms. But it seems that almost all candidates of the top teams still alive are unlikely to die. It looks like this group's chance of getting 100 points heavily depends on the health of Martin Crowe. If the current top teams have exhausted their potential after half the year already, maybe the winner will come out of left field.
I predict we have to wait a couple of weeks before he dies

Step-father. There's a clue in the skin colour.

I thought he was adopted.

Step-father. There's a clue in the skin colour.

I thought he was adopted.

It's like Barack Obama & his godmother all over again!

According to Wikipedia, it's foster-father. Seems he had to wait until he was 18 to get his Italian citizenship, as he wasn't adopted by an Italian family.

Gillian Clarke, wife of former Chancellor of the Exchequer Kenneth Clarke, has died of cancer.

Guest Guest

poor Kenneth will be devastated by that. he lived for her. he might start going downhill fast now :(

poor Kenneth will be devastated by that. he lived for her. he might start going downhill fast now :(

Aye, and one or two have him in By-Election Bingo.

• Like 2

Was just thinking the self-same thing. Always assumed his most likely exit was leaving in disgust in the event of a vote to leave the EU, with a cheeky outside bet on a heart attack due to all the cubans. Maybe he'll just go downhill gradually instead.

Was just thinking the self-same thing. Always assumed his most likely exit was leaving in disgust in the event of a vote to leave the EU, with a cheeky outside bet on a heart attack due to all the cubans. Maybe he'll just go downhill gradually instead.

I am not convinced by this. Kenneth Clarke was always one Tory that I quite liked. I think this will mean he will step down at the end of this parliament and become a member of the House of Lords he will continue to turn up as a rent a quote but I think he has another 10 years left in him.

I am basing this on the situation with Tony Benn whose wife died in 2000.

Kenneth does like a smoke and is carrying more weight than is good for him but I think there are a few other former chancellors who will go before him.

Clarke has already announced this is his last parliament (standing, not living) but I assumed retirements at dissolution didn't count in the game!

Clarke has already announced this is his last parliament (standing, not living) but I assumed retirements at dissolution didn't count in the game!

No they don't.

But that does raise the question about what happens in a David Taylor situation. He died on Boxing Day 2009 and his seat was left empty until the 2010 General Election.

Under the circumstances I would award points.

Peggy O'Hara, mother of Irish Republican hunger striker Patsy O'Hara (died 1981) has died at 88. http://www.derryjournal.com/news/mother-of-derry-hunger-striker-passes-away-1-6848777

So, out of respect they all turn up at the funeral, take one look at the spread later on, and leave it, right?

• Like 3

Peggy O'Hara, mother of Irish Republican hunger striker Patsy O'Hara (died 1981) has died at 88. http://www.derryjournal.com/news/mother-of-derry-hunger-striker-passes-away-1-6848777

So, out of respect they all turn up at the funeral, take one look at the spread later on, and leave it, right?

I was thinking that the journey to the funeral would take place in miscarriages....

• Like 1

Fuck, this is horrible. Nick Cave's teenage son Arthur has died after falling off a cliff.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/15/singer-nick-caves-son-dies-after-falling-from-cliff-near-brighton-5297038/

I just came across this, how truly fucking awful. RIP

SirC

Just yesterday I read that article about those five teenagers with a deathwish....

Our boy Ritchii K, who has by my reckoning now outlived everyone in history with his variant of CJD, is well enough to do a bit of volunteer work this month according to his facebook. Exclusive photo also gives his us government name if you want it:

bja5xDQ.jpg