hellkat

Hospitalised!

Colin Vearncombe a.k.a. "Black" hospitalised and in critical condition after car crash:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jan/14/colin-vearncombe-black-in-critical-condition

Had a hit album and two hit singles in the 80s. Kept recording until last year.

I only remember him for the song "Wonderful Life".

Fabulous song though. Heartbreakingly melancholy.

My sister had the album, then gave it to me when she got rid of her record player. I still have it. Haven't played it in years though.

• Like 1

Country singer-songwriter 83 year old Mel Tillis recovering from colon surgery: http://www.wideopencountry.com/country-legend-mel-tillis-critical-condition-following-surgery/

Who dafuq you say? He's the guy that wrote Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town. US aficiandos probably know him for other things.

I didn't realize he was still alive

Strange. A few weeks ago I was thinking of that song and wondered what had happened to him. RIP.

• Like 1

Themaninblack......

:lol:

Strange. A few weeks ago I was thinking of that song and wondered what had happened to him. RIP.

Katie Melua did a cover version for Premier Inn adverts last year. Not sure if the adverts are still being shown, but that could have been what started you thinking about the song.

I am very sad to hear this news.

Katie Melua did a cover version for Premier Inn adverts last year. Not sure if the adverts are still being shown, but that could have been what started you thinking about the song.

Is that what I keep hearing on the telly? Dreadful version.

It's keeping with the trend of taking a popular song from about 20-30 years ago, playing an acoustic version with the tempo slowed down.

I think that trend started when companies started to use Eva Cassidy's version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" shortly after she died and her family started hawking her songs around.

It's keeping with the trend of taking a popular song from about 20-30 years ago, playing an acoustic version with the tempo slowed down.

I think that trend started when companies started to use Eva Cassidy's version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" shortly after she died and her family started hawking her songs around.

That was a criminal record if ever there was one. Torturing poor little songs like that is pure evil.

• Like 1

Regarding Colin (Black) Vearncombes funeral.. it'd be ironic if everyone dressed in every colour EXCEPT 'black'. :P

Regarding Colin (Black) Vearncombes funeral.. it'd be ironic if everyone dressed in every colour EXCEPT 'black'. :P

Had a laugh at your profile pic.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Frank Secich, guitarist for Stiv Bators, Blue Ash and most recently The Deadbeat Poets has been released from hospital after being treated for pneumonia. He also suffers from asthma and a little over a year ago he was hospitalised after an asthma attack.

Michael Moore is currently in intensive care with pneumonia

50/50 he won't make it till the end of the month

That means he'll be dead by the end of the month or he won't. I'll go with that. :D

• Like 3

That means he'll be dead by the end of the month or he won't. I'll go with that. :D
If he drank that Flint, Michigan water he got lead poisoning as well.

SC

• Like 2

i'm a good politician, i win no matter what XD

• Like 1

Ha ha ha.

Wonderful. What a slug.

This guy calls Americans stupid but he can't even keep healthy when he lives in huge mansions and has billions of dollars that he made from all his movies about how evil money is.

Fat piece of shit! Die!

Ha ha ha.

Wonderful. What a slug.

This guy calls Americans stupid but he can't even keep healthy when he lives in huge mansions and has billions of dollars that he made from all his movies about how evil money is.

Fat piece of shit! Die!

I'm sensing anger issues. Try taking a nice holiday, I hear Bradford is lovely, I'm sure you'll be culturally enriched.

• Like 1