Jump to content
Poetry Man

6. Vera Lynn

Recommended Posts

I presume DDT knew this was fake news and took the opportunity to throw a few Cup hopefuls off the scent.:sherlock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I'll still pick the cow out of contrariness :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what I fully believe this tweet and will make Vera Lynn my joker this month. @Deathray 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I guess you're right about all of you questioning whether Vera Lynn is actually ill or not. So is this basically another hoax or is she really gravely ill and we just don't have confirmation yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, John Robinson said:

Well, I guess you're right about all of you questioning whether Vera Lynn is actually ill or not. So is this basically another hoax or is she really gravely ill and we just don't have confirmation yet.

Does that mean you'll be cancelling your vote on the 2nd death thread? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John Robinson said:

Until we get a more reliable source saying so, then yes unfortunately...

That's cheating and immoral. :P

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that's really the wrong thing to say on this site, should I change my mind and say no or should I wait until after our 2nd hit and try to guess the 3rd hit correctly. I just want to do better in the future and not say the wrong things on this site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Robinson said:

If that's really the wrong thing to say on this site, should I change my mind and say no or should I wait until after our 2nd hit and try to guess the 3rd hit correctly. I just want to do better in the future and not say the wrong things on this site.

Saying the 'wrong things' on this site is positively encouraged.

Now, Michael Jackson. Did he spit or swallow?

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Seems to be a recent interview

 

No mention of her impending death or even ill health - just looking forward to her 102nd birthday which is on 20th March. 

She has now got teeth just like the Queen mum used to have.

Mellow Yellow, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vera is a living legend, hope she carries on for a long time yet. Fantastic woman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Vera is a living legend, hope she carries on for a long time yet. Fantastic woman 

Oh for heaven's sake, disappointed again

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's her 102nd Birthday today. Congratulations! :birthday:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just stumbled upon a message she recorded for the 75th anniversary of D-day. 

 

She doesn't sound so well unfortunately. Especially compared to a few years ago. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I've followed all the links since I last linked to an interview with her over two years ago but...

 

Her big brother was still alive then. Any mentions of him recently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Can't say I've followed all the links since I last linked to an interview with her over two years ago but...

 

Her big brother was still alive then. Any mentions of him recently?

https://www.theargus.co.uk/announcements/deaths/deaths/15146678.Roger_Welch/

Is this , I mean, real???

Are you pulling my chain, was it really her brother?:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/announcements/deaths/deaths/15146678.Roger_Welch/

Is this , I mean, real???

Are you pulling my chain, was it really her brother?:lol:

 

 

Aye, may well be - weeks after she confirmed he was still going at 102

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7221667/Dame-Vera-Lynn-smiling-102-waves-fans-rare-appearance.html

 

 

Vera Lynns rare public appearance also covered in the Daily Mail. 

Looking at her and a photo from last September she has aged dramatically in the last 10 months or so, obviously on the decline and her legs are really swollen, sadly she doesn’t look a well women not surprising at 102. I doubt she will see 2021, a must for next year, will be a sad day when she goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, she looks awful and will be a miracle if she makes it to 2020. She is 102 so it won't be a sad day.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, drol said:

Yes, she looks awful and will be a miracle if she makes it to 2020. She is 102 so it won't be a sad day.

 

So things are becoming clearer.

 

'We'll meet again, don't know where, DO know when,

I know we'll meet again some time in 2019.'

 

Not sure it scans.:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use