Sign in to follow this  
Guest Banshees Scream

Al Molinaro

Is he dead yet?

no
*facepalm*

No really, he's alive. ;)

If you guys are rooting for someone to die, why not just go for the evil guys (Mugabe, Castro), or at least those who are terminal or just zombies anyways (like Crowe or Gabor)?

Who's 'rooting' for him to die?

I think people miss the whole point of a dead pool. It's a game of prediction, not that of wishful thinking.

• Like 8

Is he dead yet?

no
*facepalm*

If you guys are rooting for someone to die, why not just go for the evil guys (Mugabe, Castro), or at least those who are terminal or just zombies anyways (like Crowe or Gabor)?

I think people miss the whole point of a dead pool. It's a game of prediction, not that of wishful thinking.

Well, as I see it, until you make your dead pool team, it's a game of prediction.

If you have assembled it, all you can do is hope that the candidates on your list expire but those on other people's list don't. That's only natural if you want to win, and why wouldn't you?

Of course, everyone is aware of the social/cultural norms we are expected to adhere to, and that wishing that someone would die is regarded as a sinful thought so not many people would admit to actively rooting for their candidates.

But Mugabe is an evil person, so I can wish for his death, can't I?

• Like 1

Is he dead yet?

no
*facepalm*

Well, as I see it, until you make your dead pool team, it's a game of prediction.

If you have assembled it, all you can do is hope that the candidates on your list expire but those on other people's list don't. That's only natural if you want to win, and why wouldn't you?

Of course, everyone is aware of the social/cultural norms we are expected to adhere to, and that wishing that someone would die is regarded as a sinful thought so not many people would admit to actively rooting for their candidates.

But Mugabe is an evil person, so I can wish for his death, can't I?

It's entirely up to you. In the past there was one person I was hoping to die for some time and that was Margaret Thatcher. Of course when the day came, I punched the air and felt strangely uplifted in my mood but then I realized that there are many who keep her policies and ideals alive, so it was a sort of empty victory for me.

Al Molinaro was a decent actor. No, make that an adequate actor. No, make that a gifted actor.

1. Marlon Brando

2. Daniel Day-Lewis

3. Al Molinaro

IMO

TMZ have it. RIP.

So thats 13/50 with December still to come.

I originally predicted Martin Crowe to die on Halloween and be unlucky 13 on the new sweepstakes for him. I then changed my prediction.

It looks like unlucky 13 is a day before Halloween, and Al Molinaro.

Either way, the Deathlist had a very successful October and I got 2 hits within a week on my Personal Deathlist, which has had a dry spell since May.

Al Died on Oct 29th our 13th Hit of the year

Always thought Al Molinaro died years ago and it was never picked up on, shows how wrong i was, still 96 is a fantastic age RIP.

I hope whoever wrote "I'm a firm believer in the theory that Al Molinaro has been dead for years" (or something of the sort) on their profile page feels like a fool now!

Damn, we only need Crowe and Adulyadej to drop now.

• Like 1

It's a bit of a kick in the teeth to Al that the biggest picture in his obituary is of Henry Winkler!

• Like 1

TMZ have it. RIP.

So thats 13/50 with December still to come.

Not to mention November

• Like 1

Sadly Al has passed away. RIP

Bummer! These old actors are dropping like flies lately. It might be a record year if Crowe decides to stop defying the odds. But even if he doesn't, we have some other people with incurable diseases (Harper, Clive James or van der Westhuisen) and yet others who are very old and were hospitalized this year (Kohl, Schmidt, Bhumibol Adulyadej, Leslie Phillips).

There must be something in air in 2015. Maybe the NOx emissions from Volkswagen cars?

• Like 2

I hope whoever wrote "I'm a firm believer in the theory that Al Molinaro has been dead for years" (or something of the sort) on their profile page feels like a fool now!

Nope. All it proves is that Al Molinaro died some time ago, was resurrected and has now ascended to Heaven again, like Jesus.

Saint Al died for our sins (gluttony, in particular). May He rest in peace.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how he died

Son says complications from gall stone problems. Since when do we care why anyone dies. They're all numbers. They're hits or misses. On or off. 1s or 0s. Who cares? Decapitated by ISIS or gently drifted off whilst asleep. How does it matter? Did you Fn score a point or didn't you? Well?

SC

http://m.globegazette.com/entertainment/tv/al-molinaro-drive-in-owner-in-happy-days-dies-at/article_3004dce5-5199-5e3c-92e8-39b8f157670b.html

(Edit #6: btw this means 2 of my 3 'alternates'--Manskell being the other--have died. I screwed up, but I'm feeling poorly then for Ryan Buell.)

Oh wow, impressive hit rate for the Death List.

I seem to recall that I read about Al visiting some baseball game a couple of weeks ago. So I thought he'd be fine for a while - but I might have confused him with Jake Lamotta.

I'm feeling poorly then for Ryan Buell.)

I wouldn't. I'm about 99% convinced now that he was a cancer fraud.

:Loved his cameo in this.

Does anyone know how he died

Lack of breath.

• Like 4

Son says complications from gall stone problems. Since when do we care why anyone dies. They're all numbers. They're hits or misses. On or off. 1s or 0s. Who cares? Decapitated by ISIS or gently drifted off whilst asleep. How does it matter? Did you Fn score a point or didn't you? Well?

SChttp://m.globegazette.com/entertainment/tv/al-molinaro-drive-in-owner-in-happy-days-dies-at/article_3004dce5-5199-5e3c-92e8-39b8f157670b.html

(Edit #6: btw this means 2 of my 3 'alternates'--Manskell being the other--have died. I screwed up, but I'm feeling poorly then for Ryan Buell.)

Well I think most would prefer old Al a more natural cause than being beheaded by a bunch of sicko Islamist fucks, surely nobody disliked him that much??