maryportfuncity

Where Will The Next School Massacre Be?

Call the country  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Zorders Mum

It's been a few days already. About time another Yank went off their meds and shot a bunch of people.

HELLO.... PORTLAND OREGON!

TROUTDALE -- Police responded shortly after 8 a.m. to a report of shots fired at Reynolds High School.

A number of emergency vehicles have been staged near the school. A significant number of officers have arrived and surround the school.

A Multnomah County sheriff's office spokesman confirms the response is for an active shooter.

A student tweeted that the school is in lockdown and a number of police cars have rolled up. A second student has tweeted that she heard gunfire. A third reported a police officer racing towards the school's gymnasium.

Source.

HELLO.... PORTLAND OREGON!

TROUTDALE -- Police responded shortly after 8 a.m. to a report of shots fired at Reynolds High School.

A number of emergency vehicles have been staged near the school. A significant number of officers have arrived and surround the school.

A Multnomah County sheriff's office spokesman confirms the response is for an active shooter.

A student tweeted that the school is in lockdown and a number of police cars have rolled up. A second student has tweeted that she heard gunfire. A third reported a police officer racing towards the school's gymnasium.

Source.

How many people were massacred?

Still in progress. Final score not yet known.

Guest Guest

10 year old opens fire on classmates ,killing 10 then shoots himself

that is what will happen next in the US. just wait and see

actually in a way it was a sort of school shooting because it was a college campus. The americans really need to think about changing their gun ownership laws if you ask me.Too many mad people live there!

You realize the "mad people" with guns shooting up public places typically obtained their weapons illegally or aren't legally permitted to own a firearm? No sense in taking firearms away from law abiding citizens if the bad guys and crooked cops are all that's left with them.

On another note, this:

http://www.bustle.co...s-begun-updated

Not a school but still..

actually in a way it was a sort of school shooting because it was a college campus. The americans really need to think about changing their gun ownership laws if you ask me.Too many mad people live there!

You realize the "mad people" with guns shooting up public places typically obtained their weapons illegally or aren't legally permitted to own a firearm? No sense in taking firearms away from law abiding citizens if the bad guys and crooked cops are all that's left with them.

It works just fine in the rest of the western world....

• Like 3

I don't know about that. The violent crime rates in the US and the UK aren't too far apart. If anything, data suggests there are slightly more violent crimes in the UK than in the US.

Latin America and Africa are on a whole different playing field. I think the next mass shooting in a school will be Venezuela.

I don't know about that. The violent crime rates in the US and the UK aren't too far apart. If anything, data suggests there are slightly more violent crimes in the UK than in the US. Latin America and Africa are on a whole different playing field. I think the next mass shooting in a school will be Venezuela.

Strange how the UK has about 1/5 to 1/6 of the population of the US, you'd expect to see higher numbers than these. So in 2011 there were 39 deaths as a result of a firearm compared to 8855 in the US from the same year.

http://www.citizensreportuk.org/reports/murders-fatal-violence-uk.html

Ah yes, the "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" argument, with an interesting twist about bent coppers. Of course "unbent" rozzers have guns as well.

I don't know whether "mad people" with guns shooting up public places own their guns legally or not. AIUI, it doesn't seem to matter much. In a society where guns are owned legally there is no lack of ways to get them illegally.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

I'll politely agree to disagree. This topic is a hot one and I understand people have differing views. More importantly, where do you think the next massacre will take place?

We've averted another Dunblane (or maybe Hungerford) in the UK. Harry Street (five times killer/long term nut job) was busy celebrating the start of his seventies with a cache of weapons and - probably - some plans to wake up his native Birmingham.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-29507450

One for the prison thread from now on!

A little off-topic for this thread but a German truck driver who shot at other motorists on autobahns over 700 times without ever killing anyone is jailed: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-31/german-court-jails-serial-autobahn-shooter-for-10-years/5856040

And folk wondered why the blew two world wars.

• Like 1

Got a list of 50 countries and no button for Pakistan which happens to be the 6th largest by population. Oh darn.

Guest Guest

Sadly I think we can safely say this is likely to be the worst school massacre in history :(