Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

I'd just like to wish everyone festive greetings.   :birthday2:

Unfortunately, I've been experiencing a health battle of my own over the last few months, which has meant - with the best will in the world - that I didn't feel like spending much time on DeathList.  It is nothing malignant, or terminal and I am recovering well.  I feel very lucky and grateful for what I have.

Anyway, I have decided at the last minute that I will be entering a DDP team, so look forward to spending most of the day trawling the site for candidates and I also look forward to being more active here in 2024 :)

• Like 22

3 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Unfortunately, I've been experiencing a health battle of my own over the last few months, which has meant - with the best will in the world - that I didn't feel like spending much time on DeathList.  It is nothing malignant, or terminal and I am recovering well.  I feel very lucky and grateful for what I have.

Anyway, I have decided at the last minute that I will be entering a DDP team, so look forward to spending most of the day trawling the site for candidates and I also look forward to being more active here in 2024 :)

Hoping that 2024 is better for you DDT. Get well soon! 

• Like 1

Get well, DDT!

4 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Wishing you a speedy recover, DDT, you're one of the pillars of this community.

• Like 2

Good to hear, DDT.  Wishing you the best of health and strength in the new year.

Good to see you around DDT, wishing you all the best for a happy, healthier and even luckier new year. Take it easy.

**Not sure if there is a better thread for this**

Happy New Year's everyone!

Life is short and I'm glad to have found this site. Wish you all health and a nice year ahead. 

• Like 5

On 31/12/2023 at 08:50, DevonDeathTrip said:

Sorry to hear that. Good to hear that you are recovering.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2023 at 05:50, DevonDeathTrip said:

I'm glad to hear that you're recovering well and that you'll be visiting the forum more this year.
I would also like to take this opportunity to wish everyone on the forum and everyone you love a happy new year, may it be a year of much prosperity, peace and love, and may you get everything you want (may it be good things):champagne:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, diego said:

I'm glad to hear that you're recovering well and that you'll be visiting the forum more this year.

Yep, somebody else for you to go and like every one of his fucking posts.

That will please him no end.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yep, somebody else for you to go and like every one of his fucking posts.

That will please him no end.

Well, that's not what I meant, I hope the person I replied to didn't take it that way

• Like 1

GDHQb50XMAAEv3G.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

GDHQb50XMAAEv3G.jpg

Fucking good, that one, eh, Toastie!!:D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok, so moving isn’t all I had hoped for, as I was going to get Sky today and be all interwebbed up. As it turns out, the new house is connected to Virgin, all the bt connections have been taken away and the telephone pole might be too dodgy for openreach/circet to climb. So I may have to switch providers against my wishes. Waiting on the call from Sky to discuss. Aargh!!!

I am just in the process of booking my first overseas work trip since before COVID when I was in Ethiopia at the beginning of March 2020.

I am in a different job now so this will be a bit different and it is only a week in Germany but I will be visiting three of my customers across the week

• Like 3

This popped up today in my bakebook memories, the most unfortunate front page I've seen in years:lol:

FB_IMG_1705669234449.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Currently at the NEC in Birmingham about to talk to exhibitors about Sustainability 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Diagnosed with cancer.

2 minutes ago, Grimgrass said:

Diagnosed with cancer: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68208157

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

He's got the cancer according to the telly.

I wonder if King Charles III has cancer.

• Like 2

Once again a lack of high profile deaths ( we were spoiled in January) has left us all at a bit of a loose end so it all kicks off in the politics thread.

However on Sunday I am undertaking my first overseas trip (for work) since before covid. I am off to Germany for a week to carry out audits at customer factories.

Being away from all my key databases will probably result in lots of activity I cannot follow up until I get back.

So keep an eye on 20/20 and more importantly the finely poised Scavenger Hunt sites whilst I'm away

I will still have my phone so I will be commenting

• Like 3

Well, my shiny new internet is no longer working.

I have had and am still having terrible issues with this move. I’m shattered and may retire for a while from all of this.

• Sad 2

How I’m feeling today:

IMG_9332.thumb.jpeg.1af1fe1070c4e3eb7b85d99e375e0a29.jpeg

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Well, my shiny new internet is no longer working.

I have had and am still having terrible issues with this move. I’m shattered and may retire for a while from all of this.

2 and a half hours without internet.

I'm not cancelling the engineer until tomorrow to see if it works out.

Has anyone else noticed a flaw with the unread content page that the last page left unread automatically marks itself read when going through the unread content. 

I'm sure there's couple of us who have been around or worked with rich people or known folks who have, I wonder what are some of the crazy rich behavior or things that you observed?

This thought came in after I remembered an incident as a teenager when I had gone to Miami to visit my uncle and cousins. One of my cousin's friends was the son of a multimillionaire and he invited us to come over to the family mansion. The dad wasn't there but from what I could see he didn't care much about fancy stuff except one thing, the battle of Thermopylae. He had statues of Leonidas and other warriors sculpted, had Spartan and Persian uniforms specially handcrafted to fit the statues, sets of armor and weapons casted and had all of that put in one room. It was a sight to see.

Apparently the whole undertaking took around 2 years and cost him in the six figures because he wanted absolute accuracy and the proper materials used. Quite crazy, honestly.
  • Like 2

The wealthiest person I know really is rich as Croesus, and you really wouldn't know it. He lives in a nice but no larger than average 3-bed semi, drives a Renault and dresses like he's wandering around Basildon town even if he's out for dinner and drinks, invariably in a place that he could buy out without a second's thought. That, to me, is proper crazy. I get the whole 'don't be a flash get' thing but come on now!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1