Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

10 hours ago, msc said:

You know, I was wonder how to phrase that as a question last night, but gave up. Trust LFN to go diving in there. :lol:

99.9% chance there'll be other women, who drive him madder with mutual passion, to the point he forgets all about this youthful crush, so that whenever they bump into each other, it's as friends and he'll wonder if he ever was that mad for her in the first place. Err, or so I hear.

Either that, or he'll turn gay, become a monk, or get run over by a bus. That's life for you.

I dived in there coz its da truth.

Precious few people in the World actually have that REAL feeling of love that is reciprocated.*

I am too pissed to check spellings

It's 330 am. I'm at my place of work and I'm more or less sober watching my friend sleeping, crashed out drunk, waiting for her to wake up, so I can get her out before the morning shift arrives.

This is my birthday celebration. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, time said:

It's 330 am. I'm at my place of work and I'm more or less sober watching my friend sleeping, crashed out drunk, waiting for her to wake up, so I can get her out before the morning shift arrives.

This is very sad to read. Life is a choice. Choose better if you dare. Happy Birthday. Nothing is set in Stone or fixed.  

7 hours ago, time said:

On the bright side, you won't have a hangover.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, theoldlady said:

This is very sad to read. Life is a choice. Choose better if you dare. Happy Birthday. Nothing is set in Stone or fixed.  

I don't know why you'd find it sad, I've had worse nights!!

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2017 at 11:42, gcreptile said:

I had a feeling there'd be several massive deaths this weekend - simply because the last week was bereft of any B- or even C-list names.

This has got to be one of the best predictions of 2017 so far. Four names who are massive in their own right had all died in 3 days: Bruce Forsyth, Colin Meads, Dick Gregory, and Jerry Lewis. Very impressive...

Have been sick all weekend, and today. But apparently just a normal cold. Nothing you can do, says the doctor.

Solar eclipse today.

8 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Solar eclipse today.

Another of America's darkest days under Trump....:P

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Solar eclipse today.

Guess what?

There is a whole wide world that actually exists outside of the borders of the USA.

We may just have heard about it.

• Like 1

Anyone in America in the area of the eclipse today?

Sadly I'm not this time around.  Just wondered if anyone taking advantage of this glorious opportunity.
SC

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Guess what?

There is a whole wide world that actually exists outside of the borders of the USA.

Is this Napolean complex or simple butthurt?   I mean for Christ sake.... an obtuse and bitter response to an otherwise innocent observation.

SC

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:
3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Guess what?

Is this Napolean complex or simple butthurt?   I mean for Christ sake.... an obtuse and bitter response to an otherwise innocent observation.

SC

"Butthurt".   There's that hideous nonsensical word again. :puke:

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

A twatish observation from a twat.

That includes you.

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Anyone in America in the area of the eclipse today?

Sadly I'm not this time around.  Just wondered if anyone taking advantage of this glorious opportunity.
SC

87% up here in Chicago.

Totality in downstate Illinois, one of my friends traveled to Carbondale for it.

I've had an idea about a potential radio show:  "Celebrities Make Jam With DDT".   Basically, the format will be to find two celebrities - it doesn't really matter who - who then spend the next forty eight hours with me, without sleep, in a non stop session making industrial amounts of jam.  The highlights could then be condensed into a one hour show.  My thoughts were that as the celebrity gets more exhausted, they are likely to  become delirious and start spouting all sorts of nonsense, which might do wonders for their public profile.   In addition, the celebrities' increasing fatigue will enhance the risk of them sustaining burns or other injuries as they struggle to handle the boiling vats of sugar and fruit, which would make for great listening.    The winner will be the contestant who produces the most consistently high quality of jam.   As a prize, they can take the jam home with them.  

For the pilot episode, I was thinking of inviting Taylor Swift and Nigel Farage to participate.   I quite like the idea of seeing how 'nice' Taylor would be as I asked how she really felt about Jay Z when she's gone nearly two days without sleep and is struggling to stir a massive amount of bramble jelly mix in a stifling hot kitchen.   Similarly, I feel that an equally tired Nigel would reveal his true self and scream at me to fuck off when I started to ask him about his near lethal plane crash, just at the point where he's trying to decant his latest batch of boiling liquid into sterilised jars.  Radio gold. :)

It might be that some celebrities would turn down the opportunity to take part, but such is the need for media exposure these days, that there's bound to be hordes of willing participants desperate to get on the show.  I just thought I'd post my idea here, as if a similar programme ever starts, I want it on record that I thought of it first.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

So, in AP English, I have to read a non-fiction book every quarter and do a book presentation on it at the end of the quarter, and she has a list of non-fiction reads that she recommends (though any book will do). Among the authors on the list are deathlist alumni Stephen Hawking and Robert M Pirsig and the girlfriend of the potentially decisive DDP pick Rayya Elias, Elizabeth Gilbert...

• Like 1

Pirsig isn't bad.

11 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I've had an idea about a potential radio show:  "Celebrities Make Jam With DDT".   Basically, the format will be to find two celebrities - it doesn't really matter who - who then spend the next forty eight hours with me, without sleep, in a non stop session making industrial amounts of jam.  The highlights could then be condensed into a one hour show.  My thoughts were that as the celebrity gets more exhausted, they are likely to  become delirious and start spouting all sorts of nonsense, which might do wonders for their public profile.   In addition, the celebrities' increasing fatigue will enhance the risk of them sustaining burns or other injuries as they struggle to handle the boiling vats of sugar and fruit, which would make for great listening.    The winner will be the contestant who produces the most consistently high quality of jam.   As a prize, they can take the jam home with them.  

For the pilot episode, I was thinking of inviting Taylor Swift and Nigel Farage to participate.   I quite like the idea of seeing how 'nice' Taylor would be as I asked how she really felt about Jay Z when she's gone nearly two days without sleep and is struggling to stir a massive amount of bramble jelly mix in a stifling hot kitchen.   Similarly, I feel that an equally tired Nigel would reveal his true self and scream at me to fuck off when I started to ask him about his near lethal plane crash, just at the point where he's trying to decant his latest batch of boiling liquid into sterilised jars.  Radio gold. :)

It might be that some celebrities would turn down the opportunity to take part, but such is the need for media exposure these days, that there's bound to be hordes of willing participants desperate to get on the show.  I just thought I'd post my idea here, as if a similar programme ever starts, I want it on record that I thought of it first.  

Hows about we just hop in the DL Time Machine, change the outcome of Farage's plane crash and just make jam from him?

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

So, in AP English, I have to read a non-fiction book every quarter and do a book presentation on it at the end of the quarter, and she has a list of non-fiction reads that she recommends (though any book will do). Among the authors on the list are deathlist alumni Stephen Hawking and Robert M Pirsig and the girlfriend of the potentially decisive DDP pick Rayya Elias, Elizabeth Gilbert...

51+JjkBpCuL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

After todayI thoroughly hope not to see DL 2018.I am not dying or suicidal but just realise I cannot achieve happiness so may as well go down the slow self destruct mode.Sure I can in my professional life pretend I havd a purpose but emotionally I have nothing and see no way things will improve.Just hope I do not make a good age.

This always cheers me up when I feel a little lost or blue Sean:

Hope everything gets better Sean. 

6 hours ago, Sean said:

After todayI thoroughly hope not to see DL 2018.I am not dying or suicidal but just realise I cannot achieve happiness so may as well go down the slow self destruct mode.Sure I can in my professional life pretend I havd a purpose but emotionally I have nothing.

Sean, you really, really need to see a doctor. Immediately.

No one on this forum is an expert in your health and perhaps you exaggerate things (hopefully, no offence intended) but what you talk about is the prelude to serious illness so if thats how you feel... doctor. Now.

The usual "at my age X happened" from the old fogeys of the forum (me included) are useless. I know I never listened to them. So, yeah, seek help.

• Like 2

PS Usually this dovetails into the debate about what is or isn't depression, doctors, etc etc. I don't really give a toss at the moment. An old friend of mine committed suicide a month ago, so perhaps I am unusually over-emotive of late, but Sean's health posts have been deeply worrying for some time, and are now somewhat beyond the "ah go get drunk/laid" jovial responses.

• Like 1