Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

Taco bell founder GLEN BELL dead aged 86

I'll find a link somewhere

link

For whom the bell tolls

Good grief! In the space of a few weeks we've seen the demise of the men who invented the quarter pounder, spaghetti-os and now this! Conspiracy theory, anyone?

How about warnings from governments to fast food joints to sell healthier foods, they don't want to do it, so they get rid of the top men.

For whom the bell tolls

I always wondered why it was called Taco Bell. Well, not always. Once or twice maybe.

Kate Mcgarrigle has died aged 63 from cancer.

She was a folk singer, and mother of Rufus and Martha Wainwright!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2010

Jenn Lyon from Survivor passed away last evening. So far the only place it's listed is wikipedia and the Facebook from a friend on her season but this might get some media attention since she is the first person from the show to pass away and Survivor just had a 10 a year Anniversary celebration last week.

Jenn Lyon from Survivor passed away last evening. So far the only place it's listed is wikipedia and the Facebook from a friend on her season but this might get some media attention since she is the first person from the show to pass away and Survivor just had a 10 a year Anniversary celebration last week.

Two DDP'ers very much hope that the rumour is true... She's worth ten points.

Guest Kreeper

Petra Schürmann, only German ever to win the Miss World contest (in 1956) has died on January 14th! Later, she became an actress and was a famous tv-host! She died at the age of 76!

Oh it's true alright. Question is, will she get the British obit? Is reality TV's pull so strong that even cast members of an American show far past its prime gain national attention in Britain? Well I left her off my DDP list, so given my January track record in any given year, probably so.

Oh it's true alright. Question is, will she get the British obit? Is reality TV's pull so strong that even cast members of an American show far past its prime gain national attention in Britain? Well I left her off my DDP list, so given my January track record in any given year, probably so.

Jade Goody got worldwide attention (well she made the Belgian Metro at least) so theoretically it's possible. However this "survivor" hasn't chosen a good time for it, what with a suspected 200k deaths in Haiti and a high anti-american sentiment with the imminent arrival of Dairy Milk flavoured Kraft cheese slices.

My verdict? A NOR B - not UNEXPECTED; not SIGNIFICANT.

There may be a suck-out at some point later in the year when one of the broadsheets runs their yearly "EVERY NOW AND THEN A REALITY TV CONTESTANT KILLS THEMSELVES HERE IS A LIST OF THEM WHAT A PSYCHOLOGICAL DISASTER" article, but even then, it'd be hard to shoehorn her into that.

Guest WEP
Petra Schürmann, only German ever to win the Miss World contest (in 1956) has died on January 14th! Later, she became an actress and was a famous tv-host! She died at the age of 76!

Not famous enough to get any international obit, or?

Jade Goody got worldwide attention (well she made the Belgian Metro at least) so theoretically it's possible. However this "survivor" hasn't chosen a good time for it, what with a suspected 200k deaths in Haiti and a high anti-american sentiment with the imminent arrival of Dairy Milk flavoured Kraft cheese slices.

My verdict? A NOR B - not UNEXPECTED; not SIGNIFICANT.

I could tolerate that, its the Kraft cheese flavoured Dairy Milk I'm worried about. :dead3:

Welsh radio mainstay Gary Price has been taken off the airwaves aged 64.

Speaking of radio,

that bastion of American horrors, Air America is officially croaking on Monday night (which would be Tuesday morning in parts of Europe and elsewhere)

RIP: Air America Goes Off The Air

also visit http://www.airamerica.com

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/01/21/pr...oes-under/?/icd

9b]

"Air America has announced it will end all broadcast operations and file for bankruptcy protection.

In a memorandum posted on the progressive talk radio network's Web site Thursday, chairman Charlie Kireker said, "the very difficult economic environment has had a significant impact on Air America's business," forcing it to cease "its live programming operations as of this afternoon.

Two liberal MSNBC commentators, Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz, once hosted programs on Air America. Minnesota Sen. Al Franken had his own show on the network from 2004 to 2007.

Live programming ended Thursday at 6 p.m. ET. Recorded shows will air until Monday, when the network will shut down for good."[/b]

Blame or credit depending on your side of the aisle, is currently being handed to President Obama, Martha "why the F... should I be bothered campaigning' Coakely (Democrat who lost in bid to complete Teddy Kennedy's term in Senate} and Scott "I appeared nekkid in Cosmo in 1982" Brown {Republican who won the Senate replacement seat}. None of them are fully to blame since the network had been faltering for quite some time.

Goodbye Air America.

Tuanku Ja'afar Ibni Al-Marhum Tuanku Abdul Rahman, the former Head Of State of Malaysia, has died aged 86. Malaysia is one of the few countries in the world which elects it's monarch, known locally as the Yang di-Pertuan Agong.

Another moulding Malaysian monarch. This time it's Sultan Mahmud Iskandar Al-Haj ibni Ismail Al-Khalidi the Iskandar of Johor who has died.

He was a rather colourful character, from Wiki:

In 1972, Tunku Mahmud was charged for causing assault with a mace to two men for overtaking his car and was convicted the following year. A year later, reports also surfaced another similar attack upon a young couple, when Tunku Iskandar, together with his bodyguard, attacked them with chemicals and a mace after having offended him. Another alleged incident took place at about this time when Tunku Mahmud chained up two policemen in a dog kernel for a day after having angered him....Five years later, Tunku Mahmud was charged and convicted of manslaughter after shooting and killing a man near his private helicopter whom he took to be a smuggler...In 1987, Sultan Iskandar was accused of causing the death of a golf caddy in Cameron Highlands by assault, following an incident in which the golf caddy laughed when the Sultan missed a hole

Legendary British actress Jean Simmons had died aged 80. A little bit of a shock as she made a film last year; and there had been no reports of her ill health. A very good actress in her day!