Grim Reaper

Bob Dole

Depends on the type of lung cancer although all types have a terrible prognosis.When you think that people like Dustin Diamond and A.A Gill died within weeks of being diagnosed.Limbaugh lasted 13 months and Leah Bracknell who I think I read had a rarer type of lung cancer only lasted just 3 years.

• Like 1

And none of them were anywhere near the grand age or extreme frailty of Bob Dole. Reckon we are talking weeks not months here.

• Like 2

Yup, visited by Biden- the significant thing is the picture in this article, he really looks awful- they say he is starting treatment on Monday- and the side effects of Chemo are very difficult, even for a younger and stronger person- I think he is not long for this world- maybe the next death on the list, (although I voted for Philip)- He looks like Death Warmed Over!  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/biden-visits-bob-dole-following-lung-cancer-announcement-n1258459?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2EnRtAOb-JTpCHDLCt55bJPqS9p6Mee7KajJaF1gbO9EpYL3nxlygCWDA

17 minutes ago, chiesa52 said:

Yup, visited by Biden- the significant thing is the picture in this article, he really looks awful- they say he is starting treatment on Monday- and the side effects of Chemo are very difficult, even for a younger and stronger person- I think he is not long for this world- maybe the next death on the list, (although I voted for Philip)- He looks like Death Warmed Over!  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/biden-visits-bob-dole-following-lung-cancer-announcement-n1258459?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR2EnRtAOb-JTpCHDLCt55bJPqS9p6Mee7KajJaF1gbO9EpYL3nxlygCWDA

The picture in that article is from September 2019 or am I missing something more recent?

• Like 2

I think that Dole will be like Limbaugh. Lasts a little over a year and dies. I think he's going to die between Late 2021 and Early 2022

17 minutes ago, William1971 said:

I think that Dole will be like Limbaugh. Lasts a little over a year and dies. I think he's going to die between Late 2021 and Early 2022

But Limbaugh was 70 and in otherwise good health Dole is in his late 90s and incredibly frail.The two can`t be compared.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

But Limbaugh was 70 and in otherwise good health Dole is in his late 90s and incredibly frail.The two can`t be compared.

My bad. Now my prediction is June-July 2021

57 minutes ago, chiesa52 said:

I cannot fathom how any Doctor would recommend any form of treatment given his frailty and age,Maybe his medical team know more than me but before he was diagnosed he looked near the end and certainly too frail to benefit from inasive treatment.If Dole was my Dad I would not recommend treatment that is for sure.

It says a lot that he's seeking treatment at 97, especially for a fast moving cancer that has already spread.

I still don't think he makes it past March or April. 

On 19/02/2021 at 16:02, Sean said:

Depends on the type of lung cancer although all types have a terrible prognosis.When you think that people like Dustin Diamond and A.A Gill died within weeks of being diagnosed.Limbaugh lasted 13 months and Leah Bracknell who I think I read had a rarer type of lung cancer only lasted just 3 years.

I'd say he has a matter of weeks. Rush and Leah didn't have the time ravaged body of a 97 year old man. 

On 18/02/2021 at 09:30, Grim Up North said:

You are right - in US the odds of surviving 5 years at 95 for all 95 year old men is 17.03% and at 100 is 8.71% so for all 98 year olds must be in region of 12%.

So having lung cancer at 98 halves your chances of living for 5 years. However I can't believe that is stage 4 lung cancer. :skull: 

Source? the actuarial tables get murky after 100

On 21/02/2021 at 04:34, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

It says a lot that he's seeking treatment at 97, especially for a fast moving cancer that has already spread.

I still don't think he makes it past March or April. 

What’s he hoping for, another run at the White House in 2024???

On 18/02/2021 at 11:18, Death Impends said:

Also not even March yet already quite a year for GOP losses.

They've lost the Senate, Sheldon Adelson, George Shultz, and Rush Limbaugh, and now Bob Dole looks nailed on for this year.

Kind of like 2018 when they lost McCain, the Bushes, and the House.

If the pattern continues, 2024 will be a terrible year for the GOP

On 18/02/2021 at 16:18, Death Impends said:

Also not even March yet already quite a year for GOP losses.

They've lost the Senate, Sheldon Adelson, George Shultz, and Rush Limbaugh, and now Bob Dole looks nailed on for this year.

Kind of like 2018 when they lost McCain, the Bushes, and the House.

Mccain wasn't a loss

Over a month now since his diagnosis and still not dead

23 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Over a month now since his diagnosis and still not dead

Disgraceful...

• Haha 4

On 24/02/2021 at 17:41, Philip said:

Mccain wasn't a loss

Last time I checked, he lost the Republicans a senate seat on a few votes.

He also was a death in the GOP, so loss to them it is.

On 21/03/2021 at 09:08, Dying Probably said:

aye i think the poster was meaning "the guy who was part of the GOP but wasnt in my mind because he didnt like trump so i dont mourn his death even though it led to GOP losing grip on government branches" that sort of weird take

• Like 1

On 21/03/2021 at 09:08, Dying Probably said:

He was succeeded by Mcsally a Republican 

8 hours ago, Philip said:

He was succeeded by Mcsally a Republican 

But she went on to lose to a Democrat in the election in 2020 to finish out the six-year term McCain won in 2016. Had McCain not died, that election would have never happened.

On 20/02/2021 at 21:10, Perhaps said:

The picture in that article is from September 2019 or am I missing something more recent?

OH, you're right!  I wish they wouldn't do things like that! I wonder how he looks now, probably not any better!

Has this thread really been going for a decade? WTF?