RonnyMan

Pelé

2 hours ago, Famous6Eva said:

Will be the saddest death of 2022:(

Personally, his death would not affect me at all.

• Like 2

Discounting family, the saddest celeb death for me was Cribbins, but I can understand THE icon in the world's biggest sport being huge for many. 

For me, he's going surrounded by his family, after living long enough to see the World Cup through to the final, and been aware enough earlier in the month to experience the worldwide love and admiration that came out when he was first hospitalised. There are much worse ways to go, as an old man.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Book said:

Personally, his death would not affect me at all.

No death affects me. All numbers in this game 

21 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

No death affects me. All numbers in this game 

One will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Is this a threat ? :D 

No, just a fact. B)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

One will.

I'm surrounded by death day in day out. APT at the town mortuary. Trust me I've Pmd friends 

12 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

I'm surrounded by death day in day out. APT at the town mortuary. Trust me I've Pmd friends 

1123049444_whooshparrot.gif.f434b0306aa35dbf0fc734a33faf7a58.gif

5 hours ago, Famous6Eva said:

Will be the saddest death of 2022:(

Thanks for sparing a thought for anyone managing masterlists in forthcoming dead pools!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Thanks for sparing a thought for anyone managing masterlists in forthcoming dead pools!

700 odd points as it stands in The Crowdsourced. Will have more subs than the German Navy.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, msc said:

700 odd points as it stands in The Crowdsourced. Will have more subs than the German Navy.

Aye, wrestling with my conscience re the Deathrace - d'ya think if I pretend he's alive on 1 Jan anyone will notice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 23/12/2022 at 21:19, MrWonderful said:

If his own daughter is saying one more night together, yeah, we're talking about hours here, not days.  

Nope.

What if he dies at 11.30pm on 31 December, and his death is announced on 1 January am.? Would he get points as a 2022 pick and/or as a 2023 pick or neither?

20 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

What if he dies at 11.30pm on 31 December, and his death is announced on 1 January am.? Would he get points as a 2022 pick and/or as a 2023 pick or neither?

11.30pm what time? 11.30pm GMT or 11.30pm Brazil time? 

11 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

11.30pm what time? 11.30pm GMT or 11.30pm Brazil time? 

33 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Who cares? Not going to happen. 

Stop bumping the thread for no reason

I think he’ll die today and be the George Michael/Eartha Kitt of 2022. I searched for the sweepstake thread but didn’t find it anywhere. 

25 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Who cares? Not going to happen. 

Stop bumping the thread for no reason

It could. I mean the death of Betty White was five hours off being announced in 2022 Uk time.  Say if her death was announced at 7pm LA time it would have been 3am UK time and the list already published. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Am I the only one who thinks his family a bit crass, posting their dying granda for twitter likes?

I wouldn't be compelled to take photos of me with a dying relative for personal use, let alone to plaster over the internet.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Windsor said:

Am I the only one who thinks his family a bit crass, posting their dying granda for twitter likes?

I wouldn't be compelled to take photos of me with a dying relative for personal use, let alone to plaster over the internet.

Yeah I wouldn't do it.No way.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Windsor said:

It’s the “in thing” on the facegrams… look how considerate I am holding this dying person’s hand. Give me sympathy likes. Etc. 

• Like 2

Nobody will ever beat TikToker Jonas Bridges doing a little dance to DJ Snake while his grandfather was breathing his last in the background:

• Haha 6
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Windsor said:

I think people grieve in different ways, so it's not for me to say what a person should or should not be doing.  It wouldn't be for me, for sure, but far be it for me to tell another person how they should handle a close relative's impending death or death.  I'll use an example that I saw recently.  Earlier this month, a woman that I went to high school with, who is one of my Facebook friends, lost her young daughter tragically.  She was probably around 20 years old, something like that.  I guess she struggled with severe diabetes and other related health problems, and she had to be rushed to the hospital and fell into a coma.  She never came out of it and died maybe 7-10 days later.  During the time that her daughter was in the hospital fighting for her life, this friend of mine posted on Facebook multiple times daily about her daughter, and many of my other friends (who also have her on their Facebook) thought it was strange to see these posts given that it seemed her daughter was facing long odds to recover.  But it must have been her way of dealing with it, putting something out there so that she didn't break down, who knows.  It's not like she was doing it for the social media exposure.  Anyway, I just think it's tough to judge a person for how they behave in an extremely serious situation.  Different people are going to react in different ways.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Windsor said:

I'm reserving judgement given  that one bonus of the detailed posts is form studying for us all! 

Not 2023 talent, mind - more a chance for a late boost to add respectability to my DDP and HPDP performances this year

Allegedly he has deteriorated further.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3