RonnyMan

Pelé

20 hours ago, drol said:

All of a sudden, it's all quiet.

Won't be surprised if it's tonight.

If his family would step out of the room for 5 minutes, he'll be able to just go quietly. 

• Like 1

I think the daughter took the most dramatic video she could take. Pelé is in bad shape but wasn't THAT bad.. Maybe he just woke up when she filmed, she's a little obnoxious. But no doubt the cancer is eating him up. A few days at most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

If his family would step out of the room for 5 minutes, he'll be able to just go quietly. 

Aye, and we could credit them with an assist as those of us with him on 2022 dead pools score!

• Like 1

Looking more and more like a 2023 death. He just seems to have found an equilibrium right on the brink of the abyss.

18 minutes ago, drol said:

Looking more and more like a 2023 death. He just seems to have found an equilibrium right on the brink of the abyss.

If he makes 2023, it's the greatest Pele comeback since the 1970 World Cup...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, drol said:

It's a toss up.No one knows the exact condition but clearly  he is on end of life care which means this saga is concluding soon.Cpuld ge make 2023?Yes but is it overly likely? Nit really.If he does make January it won't be by much.

It's all a bit much for this time of year, isn't it? Pelé and Benny being the ultimate coffin teasers, all to spite the people running deadpools and nothing more.

Although I wouldn't mind Pelé clinging on for next year as he his death puts my third place in the DDP in great jeopardy!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

It's all a bit much for this time of year, isn't it? Pelé and Benny being the ultimate coffin teasers, all to spite the people running deadpools and nothing more.

Although I wouldn't mind Pelé clinging on for next year as he his death puts my third place in the DDP in great jeopardy!

Tell me about it.Entered my first pool  for 2023 ( Hartlepool Deadlypool) only for Benny to be announced as dying hours later.Looks like I will have to wait until now years Eve until I dare submit any more teams.

• Like 3

Hope he holds on for another few days or we will see a lot of reserve players in the deadpools.

19 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Hope he holds on for another few days or we will see a lot of reserve players in the deadpools.

Reserve players in themselves can be an interesting phenomenon...

12 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

I am not sure what to hope for from a strategic perspective.I have him in the DDP and am tied 14th although most people above me have him also so it only benefits me slightly and I'm joint 14th so it isn't like I am going to get in the top 10 unless Vialli dies as well before January 1st (haven't done the maths so that still might be a technical impossibility).

If he goes in January though I get an easy Drop 40 hit early on then again everyone else will.

2 hours ago, Perhaps said:

Aye, as a dead pool runner I'd happily see the pair of them over the line into 2023, even though Pele's demise would add a veneer of respectability to a fairly mediocre 2022 season of dead pooling for me. I'm betraying no secrets if I suggest the current Deathrace masterlist sees a fair amount of interest in Pele and Benny.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, as a dead pool runner I'd happily see the pair of them over the line into 2023, even though Pele's demise would add a veneer of respectability to a fairly mediocre 2022 season of dead pooling for me. I'm betraying no secrets if I suggest the current Deathrace masterlist sees a fair amount of interest in Pele and Benny.

From a non selfish point of view though I hope they don't linger.A drawn out death is horrible.

• Like 2

What worries me though is the time difference between Brazil and England .Gives a fair amount of time for Pele to die on the 31st local time and for it not to be reported until we'll into 1st January UK time rendering a drop 40 pick useless.

Benedict I believe is in Vatican City which is an hour ahead of GMT so that worries me less.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, deathisallaround said:

I just saw this on Tiktok. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFvnXbRm/

I dont think Pele is dead yet but they are clearly making preparations. 

That video is from the 23rd I believe

Yeah I know what you mean about time differences, like I've definitely had aussies message me to say happy New year when it's only noon! 

But yah I guess he woulda technically seen 2023 if that happened :angely:

Rest in peace legend! 

• Like 1

A true legend no one will ever win 3 World Cups as a player again probably the greatest footballer ever depending on your view, football’s first true superstar. RIP.

• Like 1

Fuck, and I can’t stress this enough, sake.