Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2016

But then, this is the part of the year when you should take all reports of a celebrity's illness on these boards with a large grain of salt.

• Like 1

But then, this is the part of the year when you should take all reports of a celebrity's illness on these boards with a large grain of salt.

You never know when someone will sagely go "Hmm, George Lazenby, eh?".

Or Scott Thorson.

I just googled him to see if he was still alive, and found out he's apparently in prison.

Thorson was easily the biggest sign my debut DDP year was well, the debut, despite a solid performance overall...

That being said, I also had the predicament of a pick dying on NYE, so that bumped Bernie Nolan from an alt to the main team. If Thorson wasn't picked I think Nolan would've been on the squad from the getgo, and that would've meant Gough Whitlam got the bump up instead, and he saw 2014, so it's not like I'd have done any better had I steered clear of Thorson :ph34r:

How about George Alagiah.He was diagnosed with bowel cancer 18 months ago and hasn`t been back to work done any interviews and stopped tweeting over a year ago now. Might be worth taking a gamble as he is certainly famous enough for the list.

I forgot about him. Definitely one to keep an eye on, no doubt - but probably not a strong enough DL candidate to make the list next year as he's not that old and no new information has come to light about his condition at the present time

I wouldnt choose Jim Bowen as a 2016 pick as this is the latest on his website - Very latest!!! September 2015

Hello again,

As you can see I'm still batting on and am really enjoying reading your emails and it's great to know that Bullseye on Challenge is still very popular. By the way I have found out that according to a recent article I have had a third stroke, fortunately this is not true I am still in the same condition as I was 4 years ago.

I have had a few voice overs this year and 'An Audience With' in Preston. My next event is in Burnley at All Saints Church, Habergham, on Wednesday October 21st at 2pm, Tickets £6 Ring 01282 771992.or Email me for more information.

Poster can be seen on my Work or Home picture galleries

I'll let you know if anything else appears in the diary and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Jim.

By the way I have found out that according to a recent article I have had a third stroke, fortunately this is not true I am still in the same condition as I was 4 years ago.

So not only has he not had another stroke but he's found a way to halt aging as well.

• Like 2

How about George Alagiah.He was diagnosed with bowel cancer 18 months ago and hasn`t been back to work done any interviews and stopped tweeting over a year ago now. Might be worth taking a gamble as he is certainly famous enough for the list.

He's on his way back to work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3292732/Cancer-fight-Alagiah-way-BBC-Newsreader-set-return-six-o-clock-bulletin-fortnight-18-months-off.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3292732/Cancer-fight-Alagiah-way-BBC-Newsreader-set-return-six-o-clock-bulletin-fortnight-18-months-off.html

The huge national sigh of relief blew our dog over the garden fence!

• Like 1

The huge national sigh of relief blew our dog over the garden fence!

I'd like my next door neighbour to blow me over the fence. bj.gif

• Like 5

Wouldn't that be public indecency though? for that reason I think Yazeed would have to object.

Wouldn't that be public indecency though? for that reason I think Yazeed would have to object.

Only if you get caught gaysex.gif

Depends on the fencing, if it's the bordering one it'll technically be on private land.

Depends on the fencing, if it's the bordering one it'll technically be on private land.

Yep, but what if the fence was found to be in breach of the Shengen area? Oh, the international repercussions!

Yep, but what if the fence was found to be in breach of the Shengen area? Oh, the international repercussions!

If CO'F lives in blighty the schengen area won't be a concern.

"The oldest conductor on the circuit": Stanislaw Skrowaczewski, 92:

http://slippedisc.com/2015/10/the-oldest-conductor-on-the-circuit/

Returns to London this week and was musical director in Manchester, so likely obitable.

Another idea: Since this conductor is still in good shape, and I basically only wanted to bring his name into the public discussion, even knowing that he might have a bit of time left, maybe an "Ideas and Possibilities for the next couple of years" thread is a good idea?

oh aye, what route is he on?

• Like 5

The young 'uns and yanks hereabouts are scratching their heads at this one, right?

• Like 1

The young 'uns and yanks hereabouts are scratching their heads at this one, right?

As a young'un I got that but only as an On the Buses fan.

As a young'un I got that but only as an On the Buses fan.

Ehhhhhhh.. that's made my day that has !! Cam on, get them basses aht !!! Ehhhh.

For their edification we have:

https://youtu.be/gQBOepTtiM8?t=55

For their edification we have:

https://youtu.be/gQBOepTtiM8?t=55

Lol, I still have no idea what's going on, but ah yes, André Previn is a name for my excel file (As you can see, I'm looking at classical music at the moment. I'm trying to look for people that would probably get an obit in the Telegraph, people of the high arts, like Peter Brook, Peter Blake, Richard Rogers, or Bridget Riley.). Ah, and Fenella Fielding...

Guest Grim up north

Might be nothing but Craig Cash voiced over Gogglebox last night instead of Caroline Aherne - has there been any news on her health since her last cancer diagnosis?

Might be nothing but Craig Cash voiced over Gogglebox last night instead of Caroline Aherne - has there been any news on her health since her last cancer diagnosis?

Ricky Tomlinson said she was doing much better earlier this year and that there may be a Royle Family Christmas special this year but nothing since.

EDIT:Found this http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2015/10/14/23390/caroline_aherne_to_make_a_rare_tv_appearance