Dr. Zorders

Biggest Death Of 2014

Biggest death in 2014  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whatever that means. Whichever one you thought was most shocking or "meaningful"....... or just the person who died that you liked best, whatever.

I decided to include the victims of the flight shot down over Ukraine but since it didn't start WW3 I won't be voting for it. However there were a lot of scientists on it.

Oh and I tried to put them in a mostly chronological order but I couldn't be bothered to be too exact and if your favourite is not there I'm sorry, vote "other" and tell us.

I voted for Rik Mayall but Robin Williams and Joan Rivers came a close second and third.

Trigger

Guest droosy

Rik, the biggest bottom burp, Mayall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just added some new ones on the end so a couple of you who voted for the ones at the bottom might have to re-check your votes as it kinda screwed them up a bit.

I'm going with Robin Williams btw, truly shocked the hell out of me, and biggest actor death since Neil Armstrong.

Tony Benn as one of the last major political heavyweights of the 1970s, especially on the hard left and Rik Mayall from a comedy point of view.

I reckon this year will get the Queen, Prince Phil or Bush.

Drop Dead Fred.

One shocking moment to me was the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman...

I'm gonna have to go with Mickey Rooney but he's not in the poll.

Williams, though I admit the earth-shattering death of Alexander Imich comes close.

Siegfried Lenz for me, even though my mum actually knew Alvin Stardust.

I just added some new ones on the end so a couple of you who voted for the ones at the bottom might have to re-check your votes as it kinda screwed them up a bit.

I'm going with Robin Williams btw, truly shocked the hell out of me, and biggest actor death since Neil Armstrong.

You are a wag Doc. duck.gif

• Like 1

I picked Joan Rivers though it could have easily been Robin Williams. I was loyal Fashion Police viewer and miss her cutting and brutally honest humour deilvered on a weekly basis. I'm not too thrilled about her replacement either.

Robin's death, if I dare say, hit the world like a ton of bricks. I actually cried when I heard about his passing it just seemed unreal.

My honourable mentions go to Jan Hooks and Jean Beliveau. Jan's passing was a shock, 57 is way too young. Not a big death to the world, but the passing of Jean Belliveau was a loss for Canada and the image of Guy Lafleur at Jean's coffin was moving.

Maybe not THE biggest death of the year, but somehow emotional to me...

Robin Williams, but I had forgotten that Sharon died. I think he comes close. Apparently, he was an excellent general, but his government was unremarkable and, of course, cut short by his stroke.

The biggest shock one for me was Peaches. The one I was most gutted about was Rik.

• Like 1

Philip-Seymour Hoffmann, he was the best Actor in his Generation. a great loss...

RIP Phil.

• Like 1

Robin Williams, just came from outta nowhere