Lord Fellatio Nelson

Presenters

2 hours ago, Imelda said:

Tweets can and are scheduled to fire days in advance off corporate accounts. It's Saturday evening. Nobody is in the office to pull it.

But anyway, it's all baseless speculation right now.

A social media person almost always has their phone with them, just a question as to if they have access to the BBC accounts while out of the office...

John Barrowman

Ian Hislop

Michael Owen

Aled Jones

Oh wait, the victim's male according to his mum.

Sue Barker

Esther Rantzen

Linda Nolan

Sharon Osbourne 

7 hours ago, JQW said:

He could be some local radio presenter or regional news host. Or someone whose role as a presenter is somewhat slight.

I can recall a news story from a few years ago, pertaining to a musician of some sort who got sent down for sexual offences. One of the right-wing newspapers labelled him as "BBC Man" as he was once part of an orchestra that appeared on a single BBC TV show.

Yeah, but a while back the reporting on this made it clear the man in question is known and admired by millions, so Monty Don levels of famous at least. 

The BBC are now referring to the presenter as "he." Also he was in the pictures himself, apparently in his underwear and "ready for my child to perform for him," as the Sun quotes the mother.

1 hour ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

The BBC are now referring to the presenter as "he." Also he was in the pictures himself, apparently in his underwear and "ready for my child to perform for him," as the Sun quotes the mother.

He was on the end of a computer link wasn't he - i.e. stripped to his underwear at home whilst the object of his desire was performing in an explicit manner at the other end. 

FFS, this tawdry caper's going to run a while yet - prompting loads more unwelcome online activity for the Beeb

Nicky Campbell's already been to the police to complain about online trolling about him

I would say Leslie Grantham if he wasn't dead already

• Confused 1

That is more likely than them being photographed in the same room together, I guess. And if the Sun had pictures of say Huw Edwards in his underwear (a ghastly enough thought in itself) with a teenage boy, would they need to avoid naming names?

But if the presenter didn't actually meet the kid at some time, how did the whole thing begin?

2 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

That is more likely than them being photographed in the same room together, I guess. And if the Sun had pictures of say Huw Edwards in his underwear (a ghastly enough thought in itself) with a teenage boy, would they need to avoid naming names?

But if the presenter didn't actually meet the kid at some time, how did the whole thing begin?

Who said they've never met? Also, I believe it's possible to get acquainted using summat called t'internet - very big in Cumbria but we're keeping it to ourselves!

Has this person allegedly done anything that's actually illegal?  If not, it should be no business of his employer IMO.

They're also being very cagey about the sex of the teenager - was it definitely a lad?

17 minutes ago, Toast said:

Has this person allegedly done anything that's actually illegal?  If not, it should be no business of his employer IMO.

They're also being very cagey about the sex of the teenager - was it definitely a lad?

There's a lot about this that's puzzling. The Sun keep coming up with all these sordid details but no name as to who's involved and no corroborating evidence, it's just speculation and hearsay. Who exactly is this uninformed rumour mill helping? Although I assume the mum is making a tidy sum from Murdoch's rag.

Is there an injunction in place?

23 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

There's a lot about this that's puzzling. The Sun keep coming up with all these sordid details but no name as to who's involved and no corroborating evidence, it's just speculation and hearsay. Who exactly is this uninformed rumour mill helping? Although I assume the mum is making a tidy sum from Murdoch's rag.

Is there an injunction in place?

the illegality comes if they were sending intimate pictures when they were 17.

I think it’s largely just the distasteful nature of it. 

it does, though, sound to me as if the mother is enjoying the attention. 

53 minutes ago, Toast said:

Law on this is a little bizarre in that if the presenter and youngster had sex that's legal, if they make an indecent image (and technically speaking encouraging an under-18 to get sexually explicit in front of a camera counts in that regard) then it's a crime. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Aled Jones

Thats a good shout IMO

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, but a while back the reporting on this made it clear the man in question is known and admired by millions, so Monty Don levels of famous at least. 

They could of course be well-known for something else other than their position as a TV presenter. 

David Attenborough has been very quiet this week. Does he know how to work a computer? 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Law on this is a little bizarre in that if the presenter and youngster had sex that's legal, if they make an indecent image (and technically speaking encouraging an under-18 to get sexually explicit in front of a camera counts in that regard) then it's a crime. 

I'm guessing most people don't know that.  I certainly didn't.

Disappointing that the word "pedo" is being thrown around again.  Sadly I think ignorance has won, and we no longer have a word for the real wicked perversion that it means.

• Like 1

Apparently there are pictures of the presenter en déshabille, and the mother learned what was going on when the kid showed them to her. That's a very strange relationship too. What kind of teenager who has a sexual encounter with a middle-aged man shows pictures of it to their mother?

Re them meeting up, they might have got into contact online, but if it had just stayed online, it seems improbable that the presenter would have handed out £1000 at a time for the kid's virtual company.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

Apparently there are pictures of the presenter en déshabille, and the mother learned what was going on when the kid showed them to her. That's a very strange relationship too. What kind of teenager who has a sexual encounter with a middle-aged man shows pictures of it to their mother?

Re them meeting up, they might have got into contact online, but if it had just stayed online, it seems improbable that the presenter would have handed out £1000 at a time for the kid's virtual company.

Can we please stop the hyperbole and poor terminology? A 17 year old is not a "kid".

Age of consent is 16 in the UK. 16/17 year olds are still minors, but they're not "children" or "kids". Children are pre-pubescent human beings. Engaging in sexual conduct with a 12 year old is a million miles away from engaging in such with someone who has reached sexual maturity, and the two should never be banded together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

Do we know for sure that it's a middle-aged man?

1 hour ago, Kenny said:

Do we know for sure that it's a middle-aged man?

These things are relative in many ways. To a 17-year-old anyone over 30 seems middle-aged. But objectively, how many BBC presenters aren't more or less middle-aged, especially the male ones?

New information released suggests the matter was escalated on Thursday when a more serious complaint was lodged with the BBC; more serious than the initial complaint in May. 

As Twitter followers will be aware, that’s the same day Huw Edwards was hastily replaced on the One Show.

Whilst I was originally sceptical, it’s not looking good for Edwards. 

A mate at the Beeb has now informed me it is indeed Edwards.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

That would be huge news. Can we dust Dimbleby off for the Cenotaph in November and Election Night 2024?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1