Lord Fellatio Nelson

Presenters

So, what are we missing re this presenter shit-storm

I'm thinking the possibilities fall squarely into two camps: 

Yer man Edwards was in awe of Stuart Hall as a youngster and despite a serious news career is about as sleazy and self-serving as him OR...

The second we get a good look at the mum and step-dad who went to The Sun the confusion will start to vanish. In other words we might be in the same territory as the mum with the brain-damaged 11 year old a year back (really sad business). 

Anyone know owt?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, what are we missing re this presenter shit-storm

I'm thinking the possibilities fall squarely into two camps: 

Yer man Edwards was in awe of Stuart Hall as a youngster and despite a serious news career is about as sleazy and self-serving as him OR...

The second we get a good look at the mum and step-dad who went to The Sun the confusion will start to vanish. In other words we might be in the same territory as the mum with the brain-damaged 11 year old a year back (really sad business). 

Anyone know owt?

I was beginning to wonder if she had attended the Karen Matthews school of parenting......

Latest I've heard is that it started when he/they (are they confirmed as male yet?) was 18, i.e. a legal adult, and it was via OnlyFans, i.e. a legal platform. So in sum, this 'scandal' entails Adult A giving Adult B money for consensual services rendered. What Adult A's family situation is, what Adult B chooses to spend the money on, and what their parents think of things are whole other matters.

There is now a second allegation of someone in their 20s.

They threatened to out him and got upset when he didn’t take it lying down.

(No pun intended)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

Latest I've heard is that it started when he/they (are they confirmed as male yet?) was 18, i.e. a legal adult, and it was via OnlyFans, i.e. a legal platform. So in sum, this 'scandal' entails Adult A giving Adult B money for consensual services rendered. What Adult A's family situation is, what Adult B chooses to spend the money on, and what their parents think of things are whole other matters.

Second claimant - though this is mainly workplace harrassment and nowt to do with only fans. So how much genuine exploitation and how much gold digging is happening here will take some sorting https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66165766

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Second claimant - though this is mainly workplace harrassment and nowt to do with only fans. So how much genuine exploitation and how much gold digging is happening here will take some sorting https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66165766

Literally just saw this second one. Not workplace harassment if they met via Grindr/Tinder/whatever, rather than at the BBC. Honestly, a closeted guy getting shirty with some twink threatening to out them is a pretty low bar for El Scandalo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

Literally just saw this second one. Not workplace harassment if they met via Grindr/Tinder/whatever, rather than at the BBC. Honestly, a closeted guy getting shirty with some twink threatening to out them is a pretty low bar for El Scandalo.

My bad, misread the original story. Grindr, or summat, then. 

Aye, pretty low bar, but a feeding frenzy for the tabloids and rest of the media chancers who hate the BBC's audience share - so this is going nowhere other than reporters piling onto gay dating apps and asking for BACS details if there's owt on offer that'll make a half-decent headline. Serious point here, yer closeted man has a hold on history if only because he's on loads of historic BBC clips calling election results, gravely informing the world the Queen is dead etc. This won't be like cancelling the frothy catalogue of Stuart Hall or giving Gary Glitter records a swerve. 

Happy Gary Lineker is paid too much money day for all who celebrate

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Happy Gary Lineker is paid too much money day for all who celebrate

Surely that Stephen Nolan guy is the most overpaid relative to how many people actually see or hear them? I'd never even heard of him until one of these earnings lists got published, and he's somehow deemed to be on the same level as Huw Edwards, Fiona Bruce, etc.?

The amount the BBC seem to pay their over rated  over hyped staff it wont be to long before Lineker or Zoe Ball make the Sunday Times richlist

17 minutes ago, six feet blunder said:

The amount the BBC seem to pay their over rated  over hyped staff it wont be to long before Lineker or Zoe Ball make the Sunday Times richlist

*sigh* You realise the big names at ITV and Sky are on comparable, if not more, money but don't have to report it? You think Marr and Maitlis and Co are worse off now they've left the BBC? It's called market economics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This whole thing now sounds like mother and step father found the son was gay and found the Only Fans and possible messages. Hates the gays and so we're now in the middle of a domestic. Presenter possibly exploring sexuality (or bisexual with family knowing - should be none of anyone's business) and in closet and made stupid mistake with a legal adult.

I'm half expecting an interview Oprah style where presenter comes out because he's been forced to because of The Sun. Much like what went on with George Michael.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

This whole thing now sounds like mother and step father found the son was gay and found the Only Fans and possible messages. Hates the gays and so we're now in the middle of a domestic. Presenter possibly exploring sexuality (or bisexual with family knowing - should be none of anyone's business) and in closet and made stupid mistake with a legal adult.

I'm half expecting an interview Oprah style where presenter comes out because he's been forced to because of The Sun. Much like what went on with George Michael.

Oooh, at which point Hugh hits the ganga and his driving goes to shit - he'll be needing his own thread, then

6 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

I'm half expecting to hear that it's a girl and so there's no gay element.

30 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm half expecting to hear that it's a girl and so there's no gay element.

Starting to feel very much like an old fashioned outing of a closeted man - shame on The Sun, Huwever it is.

8 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Starting to feel very much like an old fashioned outing of a closeted man - shame on The Sun, Huwever it is.

There's been so many plot twists so far and surely more to come.

I'd be very surprised if a paper as cynical and well-versed in the dark arts as The Sun would go into something this big without making sure they weren't caught with their trousers down. As it were.

I'd also be confident that the BBC are now playing the Sun at their own game. For reasons sated above, if this is indeed a huge flagship name whose voice is all over their Big News Stories Of The Last 15 Years archive, they'd want to try and throw as much flak back as possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Imelda said:

I'd be very surprised if a paper as cynical and well-versed in the dark arts as The Sun would go into something this big without making sure they weren't caught with their trousers down. As it were.

I'd also be confident that the BBC are now playing the Sun at their own game. For reasons sated above, if this is indeed a huge flagship name whose voice is all over their Big News Stories Of The Last 15 Years archive, they'd want to try and throw as much flak back as possible.

Aye, and then offer a major role to Michael Sheen in the inevitable TV drama they produce!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Imelda said:

Wouldn't be so sure. Really wouldn't surprise me if they rushed into it all because it was a chance to have a go at the BBC

• Like 1

About that second case, BBC says this:

"The individual in their early 20s was first contacted anonymously by the male presenter on a dating app.

They say they were put under pressure to meet up but never did.

When the young person hinted online they might name the presenter, they were sent abusive, expletive-filled messages."

Depending on which dating site it is, the first two things would be expected.

And the third one is basically blackmail. There's nothing there.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

About that second case, BBC says this:

"The individual in their early 20s was first contacted anonymously by the male presenter on a dating app.

They say they were put under pressure to meet up but never did.

When the young person hinted online they might name the presenter, they were sent abusive, expletive-filled messages."

Depending on which dating site it is, the first two things would be expected.

And the third one is basically blackmail. There's nothing there.

Well, there's a head on collision between competing world  views and moral standards with The Sun holding out for the old shock/horror view of things. Totally agree re the points you make. Debateable how long that young person would exist as any kind of public presence online once the pile on starts with the "you didn't fancy Huw Edwards so you thought you'd milk him for money" line of attack. A very tawdry business - by comparison dead pooling smells of Dettol and represents wholesome online activity, or summat.

• Like 1

Meanwhile nobody is covering Boris Johnson's text messages or any other corrupt politician.

• Like 3

Met have said there's no indication a criminal offence has occured.

Really looking like now The Sun didn't do any checks because they were too eager to have a go at the BBC 

• Like 1

image.png.1d125160be509da9429011bf60fa06ec.png

Just in time for the Six O' Clock news!!!

Not a coincidence.

4 minutes ago, Imelda said:

image.png.1d125160be509da9429011bf60fa06ec.png

Just in time for the Six O' Clock news!!!

Not a coincidence.

download.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1